Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
I love these events but wish there was more time between events or they didn't gently caress with the normal spawn rates. I am missing ONE loving GHOST for my special research and caught 7 in the short period between the previous event and the current one.

BUT at least I'll be able to evolve a few Magikarps when I get there! No shiny yet though :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Only 4.5 months until Halloween.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Robokomodo posted:

There are people that “solo” raids with a dozen devices strapped into trapper keepers around here. You’re not even close to goober status.

I saw one of those last time! It was shameful.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Most I've seen is a 60-ish couple with 3 and 4. Both were very finely sculpted from wood.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Beachcomber posted:

Most I've seen is a 60-ish couple with 3 and 4. Both were very finely sculpted from wood.

Hey, you'll look a little hardened too when you're 60+.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

When does the field research reward encounter change from Articuno? Is it a monthly thing, or every other week?

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Monthly at the moment, but it's based on whenever niantic flip the switch as opposed to your local time. We didn't get Articuno in Aus until the 2nd.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I should have been more specific when I prayed to Arceus for a big purple whale

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I just caught my first shiny! :neckbeard:

A big ol' fat pink beachball of whale. Thanks to the water event, it should only be a few days before I can evolve it.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Unowns at downtown LA for E3: L, E, T, S, G, O, !

Got my ! last night

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
The Tyranitar community day is coming up. How good is the move you get if you upgrade during the event? Is it worth it to evolve as many as you can, or should you "save" candy for later on?

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Apparently with that move, Tyranitar becomes the best rock attacker by far, with a lvl 28 Tyranitar beating a lvl 40 100% Golem in damage output.
So, pretty important.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
I caught a shiny Shuppet today. It sure is blue.

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost
Alright I think I'm ready for Larvitar day tomorrow.

1. I've scouted out a nice brunch place that opens an hour before the start of community day. It has 4 pokestops within seated range.
2. I have 150+ Pineapples and 250+ Ultra Balls
3. I already have 2 hatched Larvitars ready to go, a 95% and a 91% with 15 ATK each.
4. I've programmed a search code string shortcut into my Swiftkey clipboard to quickly search for any Larvitars over 90%.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I put the car seat in my truck so me and the kid can wander a local park.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Sjonkel posted:

The Tyranitar community day is coming up. How good is the move you get if you upgrade during the event? Is it worth it to evolve as many as you can, or should you "save" candy for later on?

It's good, you should definitely evolve them. You can always collect more candy afterwards.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Saw my first Yanma on the nearby today, hot-footed it over to discover it was a nest and now I have six! Also caught my first Miltank on another mad dash on my lunch break.

It's been a good day but now my feet hurt.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

sebzilla posted:

Also caught my first Miltank

Super bowl to you!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

My body and my item bag are ready for Larvitar Day. I have over 100 Ultras and Pinaps. I just hope I can keep my anxiety at bay long enough to get out there and hunt down some shinies.

sebzilla posted:

Saw my first Yanma on the nearby today, hot-footed it over to discover it was a nest and now I have six! Also caught my first Miltank on another mad dash on my lunch break.

It's been a good day but now my feet hurt.

Try to get at least 50 Yanma candy if you can. That's likely how much you'll need to evolve it when Gen 4 releases.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Sjonkel posted:

Just evolve as many to Ttars as you can get, that quick move will jack up your damage output like nobody's business, rock damage is the most coveted type in the game by a huge margin

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I can never remember what rock is good against as compared to ground. I never played Pokemon before Go so learning who was weak to what, I still can't keep them all straight!

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
Going to rain here, so we won't have the normal weather boost for sunny. I somehow doubt triple event dust stacks with community day, but with star pieces it'll still be nice

Got a bunch of larvitar to evolve in case I don't get good ones, and I almost have enough candy to evolve 6 of them right now.

Kid has 375 pinap berries and 275 Ultras/225 great, since she forgets to use them. I have maybe half that amount.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Screw tyranitar, I just caught this beast this morning:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Cowslips Warren posted:

I can never remember what rock is good against as compared to ground. I never played Pokemon before Go so learning who was weak to what, I still can't keep them all straight!

Rock is good against flying which is like 75% of current legendaries.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
None of the gen 4 legendaries are weak to rock, though. If anything, Tyranitars with bite and crunch would be better against the psychic triplets, and the ghost dragon.

Fighting types will dominate gen 4 and the golem triplets though.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
What Pokemon get the most benefit from Fast and/or Charge tms?

Also, is there a guide to the minimum size raid groups should be for each legendary? Someone told me 8 for Mewtwo, so that's what I've been using. No idea for the others. In my head if #<20 then 1 group, and if #>20 then two groups of #/2, but this isn't optimal for team contribution and stuff getting.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Tyranitar, Golem and Machamp are all excellent with the right moves and terrible with the wrong ones.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
My plan is to evolve as many good ones as I can and power them up later. Well, unless I somehow evolve six, which seems unlikely. I'd stop there.

seiferguy posted:

None of the gen 4 legendaries are weak to rock, though. If anything, Tyranitars with bite and crunch would be better against the psychic triplets, and the ghost dragon.

yeah but I already have a bunch of those, so now it's time for rock/rock ttars. Plus, Niantic keeps bringing back old legendaries, so I expect these to have a pretty good shelf life in terms of use.

ideally all my needs could be met by dinosaur squad so if they just keep giving tyranitar more moves so I can just throw dinosaurs at every fight, that's fine

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jun 15, 2018

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Beachcomber posted:

What Pokemon get the most benefit from Fast and/or Charge tms?

Also, is there a guide to the minimum size raid groups should be for each legendary? Someone told me 8 for Mewtwo, so that's what I've been using. No idea for the others. In my head if #<20 then 1 group, and if #>20 then two groups of #/2, but this isn't optimal for team contribution and stuff getting.

For question 1: Pretty much any Pokemon that has a high CP and is raid worthy. For specifics, Machamp for both (give it counter / dynamic lunch), Tyranitar for both (fire blast is worthless for it), Mewtwo has several charge attacks that are viable in different situations. Also, in general it's good if you want fast and charge move sync - for example, golem is viable as both a rock type and a ground type, and you can use TMs to sync them so it's not a fast ground and charged rock move or vice versa. Same goes with Rhydon, Exeggutor, Scizor, Metagross, etc.

For question 2, it depends on everyone's level and Mewtwo's moveset. 6 people with high level Tyranitars could easily bring it down if it doesn't have focus blast.

Psion posted:

yeah but I already have a bunch of those, so now it's time for rock/rock ttars. Plus, Niantic keeps bringing back old legendaries, so I expect these to have a pretty good shelf life in terms of use.

ideally all my needs could be met by dinosaur squad so if they just keep giving tyranitar more moves so I can just throw dinosaurs at every fight, that's fine

Yeah I'll still get a few rock / rock Tyranitars, which i can then use as an opportunity to turn a few of my good bite/stone edge ones into bite/crunch ones for dark move sync. They probably are planning the return of some flying types.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 15, 2018

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

I don't have anywhere near the amount of pinap berries needed for tomorrow.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
this is the first one that ive had a shift at work during it. :(

oh well

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i'm going to be at work for the event window so my trusty go+ better vacuum up a bunch

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/1007734170129399815

Hmmm. I'm guessing the rewards will affect all regions?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I got back into this recently and now I’m constantly out of pokeballs. There’s not enough pokestops nearby.:(

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Fondly remembering the one month people everywhere played this. World seemed brighter then

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
There were even enterprising hot dog ladies setting up in the park.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Average Bear posted:

Fondly remembering the one month people everywhere played this. World seemed brighter then

Yes, the summer of 2016 was a nicer place than today.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Fartington Butts posted:

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/1007734170129399815

Hmmm. I'm guessing the rewards will affect all regions?

Tweet’s deleted, what did it say?

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Ballz posted:

Tweet’s deleted, what did it say?

Probably referred to these summer events:
https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/summergameplay2018/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
12 mins into community day, first shiny larvitar

• Locked thread