Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
FYI for anyone still looking Remoraid can be a ditto I caught one last night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I did pretty well on larvitar day. Got 3 shinys and a couple 80+ IV Tyranitars. I think I evolved 5 overall and I saved about 120 candy for power ups. We had partly cloudy boosted weather for the first hour then it turned cloudy. The first hour was by far the best for high IV. I think my wife got 7 shinys.

Also FYI for those that didn’t notice it yet. There is a new field quest: water festival: evolve 2 shellders. The reward is a Lapras encounter.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

slave to my cravings posted:

Also FYI for those that didn’t notice it yet. There is a new field quest: water festival: evolve 2 shellders. The reward is a Lapras encounter.

What is Lapras good for anymore, besides the dex entry? Honestly asking, I have not cared about catching it since they were massively nerfed.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Pretty sure I won community day.

Each Tyranitar with an S has Smack Down, still confused how I was able to gather so much candy to evolve that many.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

DaStampede posted:

You look ready for the new Jurassic Park Godzilla movie.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Vegastar posted:

I will never be luckier than I was on Dratini day, probably.

But ttar day went pretty drat good. Tried it out on a couple gross blue gyms this morning, smack down does some pretty crazy damage.

That's a good puke dragon.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

I ended up with 4 (junk) shinies out of about 120 caught yesterday - the first one of the day after stepping out of the house was shiny, which was a nice start.

Ended up evolving one shiny to each stage, and three others in the 84-91% range up to Ttars with Smack Down. Wasn’t until I had time to go through all my Lavs today that I realised I had a mid-level hundie hidden in there, overlooked :(

Now I’m torn between using the exactly 125 candy I left have on evolving the hundie to a Ttar, or using that to bulk up the ones I already have. As a semi-casual level 31-er it would probably take my lifetime stardust to max out the hundie, even if I magically had enough candy to do it..

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Froist posted:

I ended up with 4 (junk) shinies out of about 120 caught yesterday - the first one of the day after stepping out of the house was shiny, which was a nice start.

Ended up evolving one shiny to each stage, and three others in the 84-91% range up to Ttars with Smack Down. Wasn’t until I had time to go through all my Lavs today that I realised I had a mid-level hundie hidden in there, overlooked :(

Now I’m torn between using the exactly 125 candy I left have on evolving the hundie to a Ttar, or using that to bulk up the ones I already have. As a semi-casual level 31-er it would probably take my lifetime stardust to max out the hundie, even if I magically had enough candy to do it..

Save the candy, max out later.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i got three shinies in the 45 minutes i could play (charge port on phone broke). none are great but w/e. would've liked to catch more larvitars for powering up but i guess it doesn't really matter until i fix my phone anyhow.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
Stolen from my raid group chat

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Who the gently caress carries 600+ pokeballs

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

seiferguy posted:

My limit used to be 400, but since they expanded the bag size to 2000 it's been more like 550.

What else you gonna do while playing with gotcha?

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost
Caught 99 Larvitars
Caught 3 Shineys
Best IV catch of the day was a 93%
Total Candy Earned: 581
Evolved 3 Tyranitars with Smack Down (91%, 93%, 95%)

I'll take it.

seiferguy posted:

I've got like 660 regular poke balls and I'm constantly bumping up against the item limit but, I refuse to throw them out. The gotcha isn't even really making a dent. I need to find some real heavy spawns/nests.

pod6isjerks fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jun 17, 2018

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

NZAmoeba posted:

Stolen from my raid group chat

Waiting for Stitch to be added to Pokemon. :colbert:

That's one derby Charmander.

That first Pikachu is done with everyone's poo poo.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

Fly with me posted:

Waiting for Stitch to be added to Pokemon. :colbert:

That's one derby Charmander.

That first Pikachu is done with everyone's poo poo.

And the last is what happens if a pikachu and larvitar gently caress

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

I feel like I am playing in slow mode not using a gotcha

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

My Gotcha fracked our and refused to work during the event. It was the the worst three hours of my life.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Finished the Mew quest! My dude is in the upper 80s, and came with Pound and Solar Beam. I don't really intend to use it for attacking anything, but it's good to have another notch in the Dex. Just 4 short of having all the 1st Gen guys.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

DaStampede posted:

I feel like I am playing in slow mode not using a gotcha

Bunk Rogers posted:

My Gotcha fracked our and refused to work during the event. It was the the worst three hours of my life.

I only use my plus now if I'm driving. I can get about 100 per hour like this when grinding.
If someone else is at the wheel, I can do 200 catches per hour via speed catch.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

The Zombie Guy posted:

Finished the Mew quest! My dude is in the upper 80s, and came with Pound and Solar Beam. I don't really intend to use it for attacking anything, but it's good to have another notch in the Dex. Just 4 short of having all the 1st Gen guys.

Congrats on finishing the grind. I had a childish grin chasing Mew around my office.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I'm not a fan of forced or even encouraged AR because it tends to crash my game.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

:siren: Trading coming soon :siren:

https://pokemongolive.com/post/friendsandtrading/

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

We’re excited to share brand-new ways to interact with your friends in Pokémon GO! The Friends feature will start rolling out to Trainers later this week, allowing you to connect with your real-life friends and keep track of their adventures in Pokémon GO. You’ll be able to send them items, earn bonuses—and even trade Pokémon!

We’re excited to share brand-new ways to interact with your friends in Pokémon GO! The Friends feature will start rolling out to Trainers later this week, allowing you to connect with your real-life friends and keep track of their adventures in Pokémon GO. You’ll be able to send them items, earn bonuses—and even trade Pokémon!

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
So we're going to share trade codes in here to get those sweet gift boxes right

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It's pretty much this. I wouldn't be surprised if the game never got monster trading if im honest. they could go a "drop and pick up" method like what they eventually did in ingress. it doesn't require player to player contact but there is some risk of a rando being in the same area and swiping it during that split second. i cant imagine non local trading that doesn't require player to player contact if nintendo and niantic want to preserve regional critter exclusivity either.

Whelp.

I’m kind of surprised it came out myself

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Trades are local and cost dust. Stats are randomized upon trade.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Dr Tran posted:

Trades are local and cost dust. Stats are randomized upon trade.

I think they only need to exchange codes, not be near you

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I am so down for this.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Now I'm going to have to go catch a load of Mr Mimes :sigh:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Let’s hope they won’t make friend requests local only...

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Wow, I'm shocked

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Ok, now let me change my team.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Says you need to be within 100 meters to trade.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Noxville posted:

Ok, now let me change my team.

If they allowed team changing, wouldn't everyone just switch to Blue?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Good. Trading with randos costs an absurd amount of dust, so hopefully that'll cut down on Pokémon scalping a bit.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
This seems like a great compromise to the system and will hopefully prevent people taking advantage of the system or cheating.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

dwarf74 posted:

Good. Trading with randos costs an absurd amount of dust, so hopefully that'll cut down on Pokémon scalping a bit.

Plus randomising the stats unless you're trading with someone you're "Best Friends" with is pretty lol. Overall it seems like it's going to be a good mechanic that reduces bullshit and farming bots.

Niantic's been on a roll lately, this and quests.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I'll give every stardust I have for a Mr Mime

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

I hope Mr mimes and kanghaskhans get traded player to player like a used needle to fill out pokedexes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Yeah at this point it looks like bots may be dead forever. Which is a shame for raid planning, but which is probably necessary for trading.

• Locked thread