Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Wheany posted:

Another alternative is calcy iv, if you're on Android. It has a feature to approximate the ivs and level of mons when you're capturing them that some people swear by, but I like it because it can easily rename my mons with their ivs.

I use Calcy too. There are a lot of good things you can do with it, none of which I use, because I'm a filthy casual. All I do is see if my mons are less than 80% (get sent to the candy machine), 80-84.9% (get a name), or 85%+ (get a name and powered up).

I used to believe that when you sent mons to the professor that he was tagging them/reading their tag, entering them in the system, and re-releasing them into the wild so you can catch them again and study their migration and growth habits etc. But the fact that "send 10 mons to the professor" consistently rewards you with encounters with ghosts despite a few changes in quest rewards, I think it must be canon that they go into the machine :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Well gently caress can you blame him? If there are like a million people playing Pokemon Go that are still consistently catching Pokemon then there is a real overpopulation problem.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Got a couple more satanic ones while I was out today

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I used to believe that when you sent mons to the professor that he was tagging them/reading their tag, entering them in the system, and re-releasing them into the wild so you can catch them again and study their migration and growth habits etc. But the fact that "send 10 mons to the professor" consistently rewards you with encounters with ghosts despite a few changes in quest rewards, I think it must be canon that they go into the machine :negative:

"You know what Pokemon GO is Trainer? It's a loving candy-grinder. Pokemon go in one end, and the candy comes out the other. We just turn the handle." - Trainer Lex

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
Is trading a shiny wailmer for a shiny kabutops a good trade? I've got a 15/15/15 wailmer that has far higher CP.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Pretty sure shiny wailmer is more common so that would make it a "good" trade.
Since they're both useless as attackers, shiny wailord is more "funny" as a gym defender so you're down from that perspective.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

~Coxy posted:

Since they're both useless as attackers, shiny wailord is more "funny" as a gym defender so you're down from that perspective.

fair enough but lime green vs never going to evolve pink wailord. thanks for the guidance

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

~Coxy posted:

My 15/15/12 Kabutops tears stuff up and looks awesome so please don't hurt his feelings by calling him useless

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Apparently the latest update added a bunch of phone storage snooping to check if your phone is rooted. Looks pretty slimy.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Wheany posted:

But in general, I find regiwhatevers pretty easy to catch, since hitting them with excellent curveballs is so easy. You just need to be patient and time the throw for when they attack.

I take back everything I said. I had my second regirock raid today and wasn't able to catch it. 50% catch rate, I suck and also regirock.

Also regirock seems to require a bigger group to comfortably raid compared to registeel. Both of the two raids have had under 20 seconds left on the clock and have required 2 almost full teams of mons.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Wheany posted:

Another alternative is calcy iv, if you're on Android. It has a feature to approximate the ivs and level of mons when you're capturing them that some people swear by, but I like it because it can easily rename my mons with their ivs.

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I use Calcy too. There are a lot of good things you can do with it, none of which I use, because I'm a filthy casual. All I do is see if my mons are less than 80% (get sent to the candy machine), 80-84.9% (get a name), or 85%+ (get a name and powered up).

Calcy is INCREDIBLE. Every Android user should use it. It works as a screen overlay so you can very easily get the info you need and is an invaluable game companion.

• View IV of pokemon you catch
  • View level/IV of pokemon during wild encounters
  • Quickly rename your pokemon based on their IV, moves, or basically any trait you like
  • Raid battle simulator a la Pokebattler that recommends who to use in battle and predicts your success rate.
  • Move encyclopedia - View DPS of your pokemon and how a TM could alter it
  • Detailed pokedex - View stats, moves, counters, etc of any pokemon

I never have PoGo running without it.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Hi, I’m probably not gonna post on here much, but I added myself on the sheet and will send people gifts from weird artsy places around Albuquerque and Santa Fe if you’re interested!

I’ll also slowly add you guys as friends if that’s what’s preferred, I’m just slow and casual with this game.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

FistEnergy posted:

Apparently the latest update added a bunch of phone storage snooping to check if your phone is rooted. Looks pretty slimy.

loving Niantic

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
What I don’t get is how can a spoofed ingress account get banned the moment it interacts with a portal (ie: pokestop/gym) but poke spoofers run rampant. I’m surprised it took this long to get a version that snoops on users.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

FartingBedpost posted:

Hi, I’m probably not gonna post on here much, but I added myself on the sheet and will send people gifts from weird artsy places around Albuquerque and Santa Fe if you’re interested!

I’ll also slowly add you guys as friends if that’s what’s preferred, I’m just slow and casual with this game.

I'll try and keep my Glaswegian gifts interesting.
Do you like Doctor Who? I have access to at least 2 TARDIS stops.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So I finally finished rating all my Pokémon. Two Perfect IVs: a Squirtle and a Rhydon. Also just hatched an Alolan Vulpix that's 98%.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

What I don’t get is how can a spoofed ingress account get banned the moment it interacts with a portal (ie: pokestop/gym) but poke spoofers run rampant. I’m surprised it took this long to get a version that snoops on users.

Niantic likely wants to keep their userbase artifically high so they can tout the success of the game, kinda like how Twitter doesn’t ban bots. That’s my best guess anyway.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

mehall posted:

I'll try and keep my Glaswegian gifts interesting.
Do you like Doctor Who? I have access to at least 2 TARDIS stops.

I haven’t watched much of it, but it would crack up my girlfriend!

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

FartingBedpost posted:

I haven’t watched much of it, but it would crack up my girlfriend!

Good enough. There's a red one (re-painted years ago to match the modern at the time BT phone box colours) and one that at the time of the picture was painted Green, so has been cleverly named "A Link In Time"

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
PoGo has been practically unplayable on jailbroken iOS for ages so I'm not terribly surprised.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Best guess is that the spoofers spend a lotta $.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I hate idiots who argue about the minimum needed for a raid. A Alohan Marowak popped, and an idiot in Discord kept insisting you only need 2 people to do it (though she has never done a Marowak raid before). I told her at least 5, maybe 6-8 to be safe because there is no double weakness, and the weather here changes fast. She went on for a full 10 minutes, never committing to showing up, but argued that I wanted too many people. Another person said three is doable, but super tight.

So of course she kept wishywashy about showing up, so the people that did didn't have enough. I stayed home, there's no point being 'super tight' if we have no real chance.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
6-8 lowbies, right? Because 2 high level people can duo it easily, and to me that means you need maybe 5 lowbies.

Tbh it annoys the piss out of me when people gently caress around and go "oh do we have enough?! I don't know! I'm not getting off my rear end unless there's 10 people!" Because if everyone dicks around and waits, no we're never gonna be able to do the goddamn raid.

Easiest solution to that is to power poo poo up though, and roll with others for 4's and 5's. People are gonna people.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Cowslips Warren posted:

I hate idiots who argue about the minimum needed for a raid. A Alohan Marowak popped, and an idiot in Discord kept insisting you only need 2 people to do it (though she has never done a Marowak raid before). I told her at least 5, maybe 6-8 to be safe because there is no double weakness, and the weather here changes fast. She went on for a full 10 minutes, never committing to showing up, but argued that I wanted too many people. Another person said three is doable, but super tight.

So of course she kept wishywashy about showing up, so the people that did didn't have enough. I stayed home, there's no point being 'super tight' if we have no real chance.

You don't come off any better than her in that story.

You argued with a person interested in the raid that there weren't enough people, and then neither of you showed up causing there to not be enough people.

CGH
Mar 31, 2010
Anyone accidentally spend coins while taking their phone out of their pocket like I somehow did tonight? Don't ask me how I managed it even with battery saver on 'cause I can't tell you. At least it was for a Pokemon storage upgrade that I'm sure I'll want eventually and not balls or lures I don't need. I'm miffed that I couldn't have accidentally taken the extra item space instead though.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
That exact thing has happened to me. It sucks but I guess not the end of the world.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Raid group was plowing through town today. Hooked up with their group and got 2 regirocks and a Piloswine. It was pretty fun and now I don't have to worry about any more regis for my Pokedex.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Kharmakazy posted:

You don't come off any better than her in that story.

You argued with a person interested in the raid that there weren't enough people, and then neither of you showed up causing there to not be enough people.

Usually I'd agree with you. But I've done many Wak raids with 3 other people in the mid to high 30's and we didn't have enough. gently caress, I did a raid with 4 people and with 5 more seconds we would have beaten him.

The only difference is that I never confirmed I'd be there, only that we needed more people. The other girl argued about how many we'd need after saying she'd show up (then changed her mind, then back again) and then in the last ten minutes said she wouldn't be coming after the needed three were confirmed, rip.

I shouldn't be surprised, she's done this at other raids but always when she already had the mon. Since she didn't have this one, I assumed she'd show up, instead of argue, then say she'd be there, only to back out once they had three people confirmed, and by then it was too late.

It was just one of those clusters where if people had confirmed they'd be coming within twenty minutes of the hatch, we could have done it. But only one person confirmed, then he never showed up or posted again, and then the girl started in about only needing 2 people halfway through the raid, so time ran out.

edit: Same girl now wants to do a carpool raid party, because 'she can never get a tier 4 or 5 done.' People are gonna people.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Aug 19, 2018

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Are we still sharing our funny numbers pokemon? Because I have this dude

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Yeah funniest cp+Pokemon combo game's over.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Cowslips Warren posted:

Usually I'd agree with you. But I've done many Wak raids with 3 other people in the mid to high 30's and we didn't have enough. gently caress, I did a raid with 4 people and with 5 more seconds we would have beaten him.

You guys were definitely doing it wrong; I did it with three other high 30s the other day and we had like 85 seconds left and the Marowak had the weather boost.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Untrustable posted:

Raid group was plowing through town today. Hooked up with their group and got 2 regirocks and a Piloswine. It was pretty fun and now I don't have to worry about any more regis for my Pokedex.

Look at dis guy who’s never heard of regigigas.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Hell yes.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

HookShot posted:

You guys were definitely doing it wrong; I did it with three other high 30s the other day and we had like 85 seconds left and the Marowak had the weather boost.

Yeah I don’t know what the problem was - my daughter and I did it with my 2 accounts (40 and 35) and her 1 (33). It had a weather boost and we still beat it with 10 seconds to spare.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I don't know, the only thing I can think is that they lied about their levels.

I do remember some people coming to a Regi raid who were surprised we 'let' them raid with us because they were all 20/25 and we were high 30's or 40. I mean, unless you have over 20 people, then you just split up instead of say people can't raid because they're low level.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Ballz posted:

Look at dis guy who’s never heard of regigigas.

Yoooooooooo what the gently caress? I googled it and at least it's not in the current Pokemon Go generation.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it'd be insanely funny if you needed all three regis to raid regigigas

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Hey Fly Away Pidgey, if you read this thanks for the gift, the egg was my first ice Vulpix. Also, I went to send you a thank you gift and saw you got a Mewtwo, so congrats.

Also thanks to Podisjerks, your egg hatched my first 100% , a Aloha Geodude.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

it'd be insanely funny if you needed all three regis to raid regigigas

The gently caress is that thing.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cowslips Warren posted:

The gently caress is that thing.

one of the like dozen unnecessary and lame legendaries from gen 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Oh yeah, they'll all probably get a month to themselves.

Ready for a month of Phione? Or Heatran? Or Uxie? Or each Rotom form? Or each Arceus forms? Wanna walk 50km to hatch Manaphy?

Oh yeah, if you're not a fan of the month for each of a trio, wait until Gen 5, where there's THREE trios. Actually, one's a quartet...

• Locked thread