Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

SuperKlaus posted:

All they had to do was name the feature "release [back into the wild]" instead of "transfer [to the professor]" and we wouldn't have these unsettling implications.

Candy's gotta come from somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
The candy comes from poop.

Caught in a ball? Lots of poop.

Sent out to Willow? Lil bit of poop.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
So salty right now. Got carried to a Mewtwo win by the huge crowd downtown. Didn’t get the catch. :suicide:

Just wanted the dex entry. :sigh:

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
Got my three shiny Chikos :getin:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Got a couple shinies. Rating stuff now trying to decide what to evolve.

Saw and caught one of those weird unknown pokemons that turns into ditto.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

BGrifter posted:

So salty right now. Got carried to a Mewtwo win by the huge crowd downtown. Didn’t get the catch. :suicide:

Yeah it happened to my wife. She's still pissed.

We both got like 10 shiny Chiks a piece.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

pubic works project posted:

Yeah it happened to my wife. She's still pissed.

We both got like 10 shiny Chiks a piece.

Trying real hard not to let it spoil the whole event, but yeah, I'm pissed. :sigh:

Did get seven shiny Chikoritas though.

Edit: Someone should redo that goofy ad they put out with all the people in the park fighting a raid boss together with half the people screaming "gently caress!" and shoulders slumped walking away disappointed at the end.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Dunno if this is a useful place to ask, but I'm having some technical issues. I got a new android phone a few weeks ago, and the other day I did a system update to 8.0.0. Before the update the game was working perfectly. Ever since, pokemon go fails to find/update my position. It puts me in the right spot when I start the app but it won't move me as I walk, and if I ever background the app and reopen it I get the GPS error (11) and can't do anything until I restart. Other apps that use the gps don't have a problem, even with 'device only' set (so it's only using the gps, no wifi or cell networks assisting). I've tried reinstalling the app, messing around with permissions, doing a factory reset on the phone, nothing so far has worked. Searching around has yielded a few people with the same problem on 8.0, but no solutions.

I'm not sure if I want to bother reverting to an older version of android just so I can play pokemans, so I was wondering if anyone else had run into this and maybe found a simpler solution?

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Got two shiny Chikos and two Mewtwos! Means my gen 1 dex is complete! :woop:

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:
Did literally every Pokemon just turn into the glitch mon for anyone else? I came out actually looking to catch Chikorita because I love them and everything's a weird dittonut with ??? CP.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Yea it’s been happening since CD started in Asia. The retards on Reddit have weird conspiracy theories about how it’s actually the next new Pokémon reveal and it was totally intentional by Niantic, but I’m sure it’s just a bug.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
I caught 100 chikoritas and 4 of them were shiny. All 4 have terrible IVs.

I also caught a CP 69 regular chikorita and named it Nice.

Edit: and the event helped me finish the Celebi quest line, so that was cool. I had to turn off AR to make the catch because gently caress that.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Managed three shinies while running errands with the family. But the best part of the day was finally hatching a Mr. Mime and completing my Kanto dex.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

slave to my cravings posted:

Yea it’s been happening since CD started in Asia. The retards on Reddit have weird conspiracy theories about how it’s actually the next new Pokémon reveal and it was totally intentional by Niantic, but I’m sure it’s just a bug.

Across every region for 12+ hours though?

I’m not saying it’s definitely the new Pokémon reveal, but whatever it is, it’s definitely intentional.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I got like 8 shinies and evolved 2 of them. And two decent high-level and high-IV ones. Sadly no weather boost here.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
Was out all three hours but only managed to catch two shinies the whole time. I told my wife she could have one but I secretly want to keep the second one to make shiny Bayleef because he looks like a hot dog with buns around his neck. Caught 1 Mewtwo raid and managed to get my third, this one another 93% with Focus blast. Then we beat up the Hitmonchan raid right next to it for shits and giggles, there was like 12 of us so we were all sending in shinies and weird-rear end Pokemon and laughing the whole time. So not a bad day overall, leveled up friendships with a lot of people through the raids

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Ballz posted:

Across every region for 12+ hours though?

I’m not saying it’s definitely the new Pokémon reveal, but whatever it is, it’s definitely intentional.

I doubt they would want to try to push a patch for a bug that is mostly harmless and potentially gently caress up community day for the rest of the world.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I only got one shiny but it's 98% and started pretty high-CP :toot: may actually shoehorn this thing into some raiding along with the shiny Venusaurs

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the resident know-it-all in my facebook group is also on board with this dumb idea

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

have any of the nuts been shiny

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

https://twitter.com/kentosuga/status/1043385296392355840

This is the Global Marketing Lead for Pokemon Go.
This was intentional.

Vord
Oct 27, 2007
150+ Chikoritas caught. Not a single shiny. Meanwhile some person in my group caught 10. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this game.

Buuuuuuuuut I took my friends phone with my to hit up a raid while he worked during the event. Accidentally clicked on a chikorita next to the gym. Yuuuuuuuup it was a shiny :smithicide:

Vord fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Sep 22, 2018

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Fly with me posted:

https://twitter.com/kentosuga/status/1043385296392355840

This is the Global Marketing Lead for Pokemon Go.
This was intentional.

if it's a new pokemon that inexplicably has parts of kecleon attached to it, then it's hella fuckin dumb and doesn't explain why some parts of the world just got kecleons that turned into ditto instead

it's a bug

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:

I think it stopped but every Pokemon at this park turned into the glitch for like half an hour

edit: the first one I caught was a Chikorita so I caught like a dozen more to be sure but they were all Ditto

Tjadeth fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Sep 22, 2018

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
Yeah one of the guys in the raid with us had caught 18 shinies today. Caught two while driving down the street to use the bathroom at Food Lion while we waited for the raid to start :argh:

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

if it's a new pokemon that inexplicably has parts of kecleon attached to it, then it's hella fuckin dumb and doesn't explain why some parts of the world just got kecleons that turned into ditto instead

it's a bug

Everyone who plays Pogo is talking about it.
It's intentional.
It's a marketing stunt.

I'm sorry you can't understand that.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Ahh yes, Pokémon go, noted bug free game since July 2016.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
The cool thing is that was my wife's first ditto for that quest segment

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Fly with me posted:

Everyone who plays Pogo is talking about it.
It's intentional.
It's a marketing stunt.

I'm sorry you can't understand that.

ahh a new pokemon that inexplicably has kecleon's stripe as a 'tail', a tail that, for the shiny version of this pokemon, also matches the color of shiny kecleon's stripe. makes absolutely perfect sense.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Ahh yes, Pokémon go, noted bug free game since July 2016.
I've only been playing a year but this doesn't look like any kind of in-game bug I've seen on any game. Full model and animation, changes into a Ditto? I'd expect a bug to look a lot worse and/or crash. The scanned network traffic and Niantic posts, too.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Even if it is a bug, it's still unique enough looking that it can very easily be a Pokemon. It has enough personality in its animations and if they did put it into the next Pokemon games I'd be very happy. Besides, we still don't know what the secret LGPE Pokemon is and this happening when they might be testing such a thing for something less than two months away is very suspect.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
FML. Jumped in the car and drove out to a second Mewtwo raid. Got the kill, didn’t get the catch this time either. :sigh:

Thirteen balls, max psychic badge, berries and at least Great throws on each. This is bullshit.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i also don't necessarily think that nintendo or gamefreak would want a new pokemon reveal to be coming from pokemon go after they teased pokemon let's go having a teaser for the first new gen 8 pokemon

Coffee_Break
Apr 30, 2008

BGrifter posted:

Same. Arranged to meet up with a coworkers facebook group 20 miles away, 14 people strong, won the battle but Mewtwo wouldn't go in the ball even consistently hitting it with all 10 balls. *cry* Will try again before the end of the month hopefully finding a clump of people around popular gym spots.

Did get 3 shiny Chicoritas and evolved one before the time was up, then got some weird nuthead dittos. :P

Thanks again for all the gifts friends...still getting alolan...but have hope for some regionals....

Hope everyone had a fun community day! :)

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

dwarf74 posted:

I've only been playing a year but this doesn't look like any kind of in-game bug I've seen on any game. Full model and animation, changes into a Ditto? I'd expect a bug to look a lot worse and/or crash. The scanned network traffic and Niantic posts, too.

More than likely, the nut & ditto part of it were supposed to be invisible, and it was going to turn into Kecleon when caught.

It seems like it would have been easier to modify Kecleon's model instead of creating this new thing, but who knows. Maybe it looked weird in motion.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

TVs Ian posted:

More than likely, the nut & ditto part of it were supposed to be invisible, and it was going to turn into Kecleon when caught.

It seems like it would have been easier to modify Kecleon's model instead of creating this new thing, but who knows. Maybe it looked weird in motion.

making a placeholder to throw the parts of a mostly invisible pokemon on would probably be a lot easier than modifying an existing model if you're just gonna have two parts of it visible. it having the ditto animation is probably due to it tranforming the same way ditto does when you catch it, but if they forgot to switch from a placeholder to the real model that placeholder likely didn't include the proper transformation either.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

I think it's an elaborate Deez Nuts joke

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

ahh a new pokemon that inexplicably has kecleon's stripe as a 'tail', a tail that, for the shiny version of this pokemon, also matches the color of shiny kecleon's stripe. makes absolutely perfect sense.

Part Kecleon, part Ditto, two Pokémon known for camouflage and hiding in plain sight. Pieced together with a giant nut that doesn’t appear in any other graphic like they came out of Mother 3.

But yes, bugs like this happen all the time in this game.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Third time was a charm! :woop:

Community day is saved!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I again offer if any goons will be in AZ around the holidays or even in the next month and want a Mewtwo, friend me, get to lvl 3, and I'll give you one of mine. :)

Caught 4 shinies for me, 3 for a friend. That friend sent me an egg that hatched to a Mr Mime so I'm trading him that because the poor dude wants one badly, I already have two, and his hatch rate sucks.

Niantic needs to cut the poo poo and do more raids during community days. Like every gym should have different levels nonstop.

• Locked thread