Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«5 »
Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Ducked out of work for an hour to catch just enough for a Draco Dragonite.

e: I've never gotten a single shiny ever in this game and have been playing since launch. I'm filthy casual though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

More EX passes. Hopefully they did something to focus on people who have had none, or just one, but hahahahaha I doubt it

I guess this is me? I really only play a couple hours a week at my local park to make up steps I didn't get at work and I got a notification for an EX raid? What's that about? I normally play solo and face drag 1-2 star raids (although last week I stumbled onto a group doing a 5 star and I didn't catch whatever critter we were fighting at the end which was a super rad thing to happen) and annoy the piss out of some yellow team dude at a church I work near who multi accounts like a tool bag by blowing up his beloved poo poo up every single day. He gets irl mad at me quite often. Anyways, do I just show up and make nice with whoever else is there? idgi

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

ok cool. maybe that dude will be there and we can finally be friends and compare monsters.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

flatluigi posted:

The second level of the mythical discovery questline wants you to earn 2 candies walking around with your buddy and I might have to finally hang up my pupitar for something quicker

90.3km walked with him and still only 82/100 candy left, rip

e: also I wish I still had GPS drift at my house again

finally evolved my gyarados.

i live in the desert.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Razor Jacksuit posted:

Sorry Maker of Shoes.

kill me.

kill me now.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

unfuckingreal

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

are you people near water or something? jfc

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

is there a version of that expands forever?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

i got a luigi bird the last day it was available by not being a weirdo and talking to a group strangers from not my car all huddled around the same park bench. it was p Cool and Good.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Ballz posted:

Edit why the hell does imgur make it impossible to give me direct access to the picture when posting on my phone.

if its the android app you long press on the image and tap "share direct link" then choose Clipboard, its the direct png link at this point. for ios idk

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

I'm back up to 28 Magikarp candies!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Consummate Professional posted:

Holy poo poo I did a raid at the Starbucks by my house and a dude showed up with 4 iPads and like 2 phones. It was nuts

I have one phone and one account. I am by far the minority in that pgo demographic here

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Is it a thing to have multiple accounts?

very much so

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

please dear god change the magikarp quest to include cottonball wing bird

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

i just got another ex invite? ok cool?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Still 0 passes. Not that I'd ever be able to make Tuesday @ 10:30am or whatever.

both of these sent to me were for Saturday's

so basically i show up and just use whatever critters the game auto suggests and tap a lot

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

how to do an ex raid

1) know nothing about the game
2) stand next to some person wearing the same color shirt as ur player
3) say hi
4) say hi to other people and appear slightly normal
5) mash buttons idk what dodge means
6) catch a mewtwo with the first ball
7) leave immediately for taco bell because idk who these people are especially that one guy threatening to kill someone if his critter isn't perfect jfc

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

seiferguy posted:

Yours still had the pokeball, mine straight up disappeared. I wish I could have screenshotted the catch circle, because it became this weird oblong blob. It was great.

I love that this bug manifests so differently. I had a half formed pokeball, no monster and some weird poo poo on the side? idk

It's a pretty regular bug on quests that result in a sighting. You can just hit back once then activate reward again and it's usually fine

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

so apparently we get double candy for this event?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

I hope that includes Magikarp as a buddy

Doesn't look like it

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

mastershakeman posted:

buddy distance is halved.

hot drat you're right

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

"night" seems to last until almost 9 am for me

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

230 Magikarp candies today after only a few hours. that's pretty awesome considering my predicament

caught a latios with one ball too lol

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Edward Mass posted:

Attn: If you've just conquered a gym and are placing the first mon in, don't be a dick and put a Blissey. I'm getting bored.

attn everyone else: this is actually the pgo meta forever.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

made my super Magikarp from scratch in two days while in a desert biome.

event A+

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

having it on a month rotation artificially lengthens the buy in period for participating in the story/research missions and it protects the very sizeable casual player base that is absolutely not represented by this thread. not exactly sure why that's surprising to literally anyone

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

are ex raids always for mewtwo? i got a third and my second one is tomorrow

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

I am considering dropping Earth dollars on the box with a grip of raid passes so I can knock out that step in a day.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

What's the rush? If you're at that stage of the quest you're already past the point where you have to hurry so you can use the Gastly spawns from the gen1 event. It's not like you have to hurry before a new quest line comes out or that Mew is any good as a fighter, it's basically just a fancy dex entry.

99% of my play time is at night and it's taken me 2 weeks to get three raids done. it's a weird situation

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh isn't there supposed to be an event like right now?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

flatluigi posted:

it's from 2pm to 5pm EST in the US, so you're an hour early

ugh the website said 11 mst which is right now

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

flatluigi posted:

are you in a place with timezone weirdness

Yes so I'm guessing the website dynamically displays the time

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Psion posted:

Catch 3 mareep field research was a pretty excellent idea, I wasn't expecting event field research so well done on that Niantic.

yeah this was really clever

only got 2 shiny and both in the 60-70% range. still fun though, the egg distance combined with the current double candy event was the real winner here. got enough back to back hatches on beldum's to poo poo out a 3k Metagross

hundreds of people at my local park and its always super fun to see kids running around at mach 17 screaming about shiny stuff

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Cowslips Warren posted:

Sadly this is the last outside event for us in Phoenix. Time to hit the mall next month! Sucks most of the stops are outside, but at least there's several gyms and one stop inside to lure up.

Yeah I got roasted through 30spf and 90 minutes. Which mall down here is good for distance and stops indoors?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Louisgod posted:

Yeah, until the 17th. Virtually all of gen1 can be caught in the wild minus the crazy rare stuff like Chancy, Snorlax, Lapras, Aerodactyl, and Dratini. In general it seems like Niantic removed the biome rules.

Both the fiance and I caught a 2400 cp Snorlax at a gas station last night. I caught a second one a week ago in addition to a straight up Blissy at my work parking lot. They are spawning, just rarely.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Robokomodo posted:

I caught a 34CP Charizard this Sunday. I wanna put it in all the gyms.

theres some guy near where i live that puts a 10cp shiny magikarp on everything. dude owns

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

good lord

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

During the sheep event someone found a sentret that was a ditto at the park we were at and word spread like wildfire. watching hundreds of people rush to a tree at the far side of the park to catch it was surreal.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

flatluigi posted:

It didn't work during the Kanto week because it was being overridden

This wasn't true. I ran into a few that were shared during the event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

My third EX in a month. This one was from a 1 star Magikarp lol

«5 »