Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Balk posted:

Do any of you pros have EX raid tips for a casual player?

show up 15 minutes early. there will be a turbo nerd with 6 phones taped to a clipboard herding everyone into specific groups even earlier.

tap your screen a lot with whatever it doesn't matter

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jun 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

DizzyBum posted:

Adding to this - it is definitely worth your while to seek out a Discord for your local area. Silph Road hosts a community map:

https://thesilphroad.com/map

i lasted about 5 minutes in the local group i found for my area holy loving drama bomb

"if that unemployed bitch remote razz's one more time I swear to god I'm going to run her down"

:stare:

the ingress community here was also extremely toxic so i shouldn't be surprised.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

seiferguy posted:

There's a max limit of gifts you can open a day. Seems like it's 20.

like does it not let you open it or does it burn it and just not give you anything?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
ah, that's not super terrible. i was worried it would let you burn them and not get anything

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
lmao oh my god the wave of free poo poo lol this owns. i went from 0 pinaps to over 100 in an hour. im pinaping pidgeys to make room lol

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

DeadlyHalibut posted:

20 gifts a day x 5-25 items is a lot of crap. I wonder if Nia thought this through.

does it really matter though? the biggest limiting factor on progression in this game isn't items, its how much time you're willing to spend walking/biking around and interacting with gyms. gym defense is a joke so having a boat load of items isn't going to change that.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
[tugs at collar nervously]

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Consummate Professional posted:

I'm cool now

0457 4025 1199

lmao your game name owns

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

PathAsc posted:

Woo, lower levels can trade

bich add meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fill my bag with your sword logic mmmm :9

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

PathAsc posted:

You know the tithes, pay by death!

thats the stuff :burger:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
spam my gf with goon love (best love)

8231 3453 9620

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Whew, must have sent out 50+ gifts tonight. Friend list deffo needs some various sorting options

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Linx posted:

Someone should have set it to fill from one of those fancy google forms. Not me though, I’m lazy.

yeah, i should have made a form but no one was making anything so i just put a sheet up.

:ohdear:

if anyone wants to do something prettier by all means go for it

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jun 23, 2018

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

dwarf74 posted:

Please change thread title to Pokémon Go: Error (0)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Cowslips Warren posted:

Is the doc closed down? Or did I lose access?

I haven't done anything with it but suddenly I have 8 million emails for people requesting access. I just got to work so I'll have to address it when I punch out.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Cowslips Warren posted:

Can I get a link to the spreadsheet again please? The Old Link just says it can't be found?

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I haven't done anything with it but suddenly I have 8 million emails for people requesting access. I just got to work so I'll have to address it when I punch out.

tldr thread, please wait until im off work and can find out wtf happened to the sheet tonight

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
okay somehow the sheet got set back to private

here's the link again https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GK85Jia55E0PKs3VIq7rVjb6CklfnVOADUAiGSy-UjY/edit?usp=sharing

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
put the world's biggest shrug here

they'll figure out all the kinks eventually, they are kinda wading into uncharted territory so whatever, its not like the core game we've been playing for awhile got worse with this update

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Woodchip posted:

This 20 per day open limit is a pain.

care less and just open a few whenever you open the game

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Psion posted:

technically true, because having a single source of truth (some friendship vaule stored serverside) and having two clients update to/from it is actually very well charted

whereas having two separate, competing, and contradictory local states fighting with each other over which one is correct is in fact fairly uncharted, because nobody else does it.

:v:

....touche

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Cowslips Warren posted:

Any AZ goons, where are you going for community day? Because I'll be at Arrowhead Mall and down for trades. And possibly Pokemon stickers.

4 pages late but I'm actually gonna brave Desert Breeze Park (Chandler) for an hour if I can then head to Chandler Fashion Center to cool off and spin.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Spent an hour in Phoenix gross and caught a single shiny ugh. I literally couldn't handle any more. But I did get a 100% squad boi tho

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
just lol if ur not power leveling all the worst things because lmao nothing matters in this game. just mash the screen faster.

there's a dude in my town with the username of RatMan and he only places rats on gyms. I want to high five that dude so hard.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

dwarf74 posted:

My Swedish Ninetales is named BorkBorkBork

lmao

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
how long is this double candy / egg thing? I kinda parked the game for the most part because its insanely too hot to play right now.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

OgreNoah posted:

I always try to kick any Blissey I see out of it's possible, because gently caress Blissey.

this is me. if i see a gym that was initially capped with a blissey i'll snipe the gently caress outta just that blissey and leave the rest.

gently caress your blissey. that poo poo is unfun. i hope some level 20 something rolls up and cleans out the rest of that gym now. enjoy the xp duders.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
whatever the monthly one is

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
so should my gf and i be trading trash tier pokes to each other (heh) every day for however this lucky thing works? the ingame news article was vague idgi

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Dang really? I'm pretty new to the game so I haven't bothered evolving anything since I haven't found many above 90%. If that's true then I'm gonna start evolving stuff soon

iv's dont matter a whole lot in this game. just mash the screen as fast as you can.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
i only ever use iv's if i have two similar CP dudes and only want to keep one.

:shrug:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
yeaaaaa

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Teeter posted:

You can save dozens of seconds

true end game is in sight

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

DizzyBum posted:

There's a new Pokestop near me that was approved in the last few weeks. Unfortunately the reviewer didn't bother spellchecking it, so I hope you're all interested in learning about the American Heroes Plague. :doh:

White people?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
spent 90 minutes in Phoenix heat and caught 50ish, only 4 shiny which yielded two vapes, 1 fire dude and one zapper, all really bad stats. Oh well

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Willsun posted:

In-game notice says next community day is Sep. 22nd for Chikorita.

hard pass

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Untrustable posted:

I can't remember their names and just call them whatever they look like for the most part. I now know what a Sunkern is but I've been calling them Pineapple Folks for awhile. Oh and Cactus Things. I can't remember their name but I evolved one.

this is incredible funny during 5 star and ex raids with all the super serious players around. if you can survive the wave of well actually's it makes standing around in a park like a weirdo entertaining.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Oh god yes. My kiddo can't remember the names of a lot of the less meta mons. For example Sunkern is "Angry Corn," Wailmer is "Whaley" and Wailord is "big Whaley," Aron is "skull puppy," etc etc. Diglett was "a poop" for a while, but our neighborhood park was a nest and I got tired of him yelling that there was a poop. Confused other people.
lmao your kid owns

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
gf got miffed that i kept calling whatever the legendary is this month "shocko doggo"

clearly that means i'm not going to stop

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Robokomodo posted:

My son gets mad at me when I say Exeggutor like executioner, not like executive. My way is the right way, I think.

executive executioner. just go all in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
*kills self*

• Locked thread