Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Does Wurmple evolve into the one of two cocoons at random? I’m fine with that as long as you don’t have to spend 50 candies to try and get a random 3rd tier evolution?

Yeah it's 50/50 whether it evolves into Silcoon or Cascoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I've seen so many Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff spawning in the sun.

As for the Hoenn rarity, for me it's been a fair mix of old and new so far.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Gardevoir's typing will likely make it the premiere Fighting killer in this game, assuming it gets Confusion and either Dazzling Gleam or Psychic as its moveset. Psychic and Fairy are both strong against Fighting, both for offense and defense.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

In my mind, "sperging away" is when someone suddenly breaks into that arms-back Naruto run.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

It's partly cloudy here today. There are truckloads of normal-types spawning right now, with the occasional Geodude. So many Zigzagoons!

Also, while there's technically a wind advisory in effect for the area until 10 PM, the game isn't currently reporting "extreme" conditions. I'm guessing it's more temperature-based than anything. Maybe. :shrug:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Oh wow, it's foggy as hell this morning, time to catch some different stuff!

...Oh, never mind, it's considered "extreme" because there's a local Dense Fog Advisory! :v:

It's important for ghost and dark-types to not follow other pokemon too closely when driving in the fog.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah, I would anticipate Delibird either right around Christmas or not for a long while.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

The fog advisory lifted, then I got cloudy weather for a bit and caught my first Meditite!

Man, the extreme weather alerts really nerf the spawn rates.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Wow, didn't expect that to get released so suddenly.

At least there'll be a reason to go into AR mode now aside from taking pictures.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

There have been a shitload of Makuhitas and Gulpins spawning at the office today. I already almost have enough candy to evolve them both.

Also caught my first Ralts yesterday! Gardevoir is one of my faves, and it's gonna be really good for murdering Fighting-types. :3:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Huh, when did they update the "extreme weather" behavior in-game? Yesterday I logged in, and the extreme weather notification is now a warning on logging in with an "I'm safe" acknowledgement. It's no longer its own weather condition that cuts spawn rates and removes bonuses. Also, the weather screen shows a red banner advising you to check local weather reports.

I'm glad they patched that so quickly. This is way better than before. Now there's always a weather bonus of some kind.

e: VVVVVV Yeah that poo poo is annoying!

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Dec 27, 2017

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I caught enough Hoenn poo poo to evolve a Combusken, Grovyle, Marshtomp, Cascoon, Dustox, Manectric, Sealeo, Walrein, Nuzleaf, Shiftry, Hariyama, and Glalie. Definitely a good run.

I need 1 more Meditite candy to evolve him.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

yall keep selling mewtwo way too short. the #1 attribute in this game's raid and gym system is speed, and that's based on how much damage you can spit out. Mewtwo is the absolute top tier for that. Heck, I keep the fighting charge move on my primary mewtwo just for the 8 million blisseys, chanseys and snorlax i have to fight over and over

Who cares if lugia can solo some random gym battle better than mewtwo? Mewtwo is going to save me time so I don't have to stand around for fifteen minutes tearing down a gym. It's even more important when people are remote berrying and the slower you kill the easier it is for them to defend.

I'm sorry. I can't stop reading your posts in this thread without imagining your avatar saying them all.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

We're staying at a friend's place this week and there's a park right around the corner. Might take a walk and see if I can get some Surfachus. If not, at least I can do some mass evolving.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I wasn't able to get outside today but I decided to evolve one of my Ash Hat Pichus, so now I have an Ash Hat Surfing Pikachu! :cool:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Yesterday was a travel day for me so I got to hit a *lot* of Pokestops at both airports, plus I got the "new Pokemon spawning" news alert in-game after landing and suddenly saw Numel and Whismur everywhere, and even a wild Camerupt when I was waiting for a bus. :getin:

Also, two of my 5km eggs hatched and they were both Luvdisc. :lol:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Hatched another Luvdisc, what the hell, game? :argh:

seiferguy posted:

Turn down the spheal and wurmple spawns. There's so many of them, even when the weather isn't raining.

I'm okay with Wurmple spawns. The more 12-candy evos, the better.

But yeah, too many Spheals.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Apparently 37 degrees and intense downpours is the equivalent to snow in this game for some reason.

Even when it's snowing in game jack poo poo spawns. The weather system is hot garbage when it comes to spawning poo poo that aligns with the weather.

I love when it starts snowing in-game, you get excited for some rare spawns... and then it's more goddamn Spheals.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

financially racist posted:

zigzagoon should be sentret/rattata-ified. 25 candies to evolve, no eggs. it is boggling that it's 50 to evolve that thing, like seriously what in the hell. at least if they moved it to 25 it'd be sorta worth catching for evolution sprees.

:yeah:

I was also surprised that Whismur of all things turned out to be a 12-candy.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

TheMaestroso posted:

Still never seen one :shrug:

:same:

I've been seeing quite a few Baltoys during sunny weather. Gotta love the dual-types.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

sebzilla posted:

Hatched my first Tangela today from my last non-Gen3 egg. Pretty pleased with that.

I'm never ever getting a loving Chansey/Blissey though.

I've gotten a grand total of 2 Chanseys from eggs, and that's it. I've resorted to just walking one of them for the candy so I can finally get a Blissey.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I'm waiting for the game to suddenly issue me an EX pass for one of the nearby gyms, but it'll be in a few days after I've moved hundreds of miles away.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I just realized, I'm gonna have to try to look for a new Discord for my area now that I've moved.

There's a single gym in my visible range, so I guess I found my "home gym". Seems to rotate daily between red and blue, so I should have a steady coin stream before long.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

kxZyle posted:

Oh my loving god finally

Interesting! It would be nice to have more to do every day in-game. I pretty much just shoot for one catch and one stop, then go take over the local gyms if they're full of empty hearts. I don't bother with raiding right now.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Psychobabble! posted:

This idea would be cool, except the GPS location setting can be extremely lovely in a lot of places so it'd make it hard to get out from under it.

* also except for the raid bit, people in most cities already have a bitch of a time forming groups for legendaries, gently caress that. It's cute that you think someone would be virtuous enough to stay out of a raid for that, though :allears:

I do like having a wordless understanding with nearby players I never meet. One team takes the gym when the other one has been sitting there for 12+ hours and everyone is running on empty hearts. Rinse and repeat for easy daily coins and badge points.

It's the ones that roll in when you've had a dude sitting on a gym for less than a hour that I hate the most.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Louisgod posted:

New Gen3 wave is live.

Confirmed - just logged in to 3 Swablus and an Illumise.

..And a wild Breloom :aaaaa:

e: Swablu needs 400 candies to evolve :gonk:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

My new office is a pretty high spawn area in general, and I'm just drowning in Swablu right now. I caught like 10 in the last few minutes. I'm okay with this since you need so much candy for it.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Thuneral posted:

So many new pokemans, yet still no Bidoof :(

Don't worry. Soon we will be all be smothered by beavers.

If the release schedule keeps up, I would expect Gen 4 sometime this summer.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

just got a minun in Illinois

Nice. Possible spawn swap with Plusle, like the Seviper/Zangoose flip?

e: nope, looks like Plusle and Minun are spawning together right now:

https://twitter.com/pokemongoapp/status/962119264349061125

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Dr Tran posted:

FYI, Fog will trigger the Ice form.

That's actually kind of brilliant, considering the first fog-related move in the original games (Haze) was an Ice-type move.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

Went to Walmart today and caught a shiny Swablu. Those fuckers do have everything!

The event ends tomorrow, right? Any idea on time?

How? I swear to god, every time I walk into a Walmart, I lose my cell signal, no matter what provider I have.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I've got ball problems. I've been catching so much poo poo, I'm running low again, and I just spent my extra coins on 200 balls last week. I need to take time out to stop by one of the nearby Pokestop clusters and spin them for a while.

Kheldarn posted:

Have you tried switching over to WiFi?

I didn't think Walmart had any sort of in-store wifi access for customers. Either way, I go to Walmart so rarely it's pretty much a non-issue.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Ballz posted:

Wow, I got a Swablu shiny. My first shiny outside of last month’s Pikachu event. I wonder if they’re a bit more common than most.

Hey, same here! In fact I just ran into it, let me just--

:suicide: gently caress :suicide:

I ended up dropping :10bux: so I could get 200 balls and catch this rear end in a top hat. Boy am I glad I hung onto my gold berries.

I really, really need to take some time to stock up on a ton of balls so this doesn't happen again. That was a close call.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Do you guys live out in the middle of nowhere? Even with my plus I'm still throwing away pokeballs to make item space.

I'm definitely not in the middle of nowhere (eastern-central NJ), but most of the stops are still few and far between. For example, I'm at the office right now and there is a cluster of 4 stops and 2 gyms across the road. That's really good for the area. Drive in any direction and it will be a few minutes before you see more than a single stop on the map.

There are a few clusters near my apartment (the local municipal center and a couple parks have a lot of stops in close proximity) but I just haven't been able to get out there yet. One cluster is within walking distance from home and I'd like to go for a walk there when I have time.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I would *really* appreciate some Chansey spawns. I've been walking one for over a month to finally get a Blissey. Still like 15 candies away.

I also have three 10km eggs pending but who knows what's even going on with egg tables now.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Psion posted:

three sudowoodos

Ugh please no, one of my last 10k eggs was a Sudowoodo. :argh:

Made up for it with a Trapinch though!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Pomplamoose posted:

Don't forget to save your Luvdisc candy! You'll need 400 to evolve.

I'm still so angry that Gamefreak did this to us.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Good day yesterday. Caught my first Dunsparce, which spawned right in the middle of the office building. And then as luck would have it, a second shiny Swablu, which I swear to god spawned in the exact same spot I caught my first shiny; this one seems to have capped CP thanks to the weather (the first one is like Lv15). Also, one of my 10km hatched and it's a Feebas!

Still no Chansey spawns though! :sigh:

mastershakeman posted:

There's something going on with how biomes and weather multiply off each other to the point that one place something is as common as pidgeys used to be, and in other cities theyre as rare as unowns. It's really annoying honestly

A decent example would be that on the last day of the prior event I had double lures going at work on one of the only sunny days we've ever had. went from seeing 0 cactea to 30+. in that same time, zero seedots. They both should've gotten the boost from sunny but something about the biome made one ultra common and one ultra rare.

right now in all of Chicago there's 8 feebas, 6 bagon, 1 trapinch

Hmm, it's almost as if different pokemon would have different rarities in different locations :tinfoil:

For real though, how many times has someone posted about how this one thing spawns all the time in their area, then someone replies they've never even seen a single one of that one thing?

As for potential biome/weather behavior, I like to pretend it's Swarms being unofficially added to the game. :v:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

sebzilla posted:

First shiny (luvdisc) first 100% (swablu) and first Chansey in the past week.

A good event.

:golfclap:

Haven't seen a shiny Luvdisc yet but I am still checking the spawns just in case. I'm tired of wasting balls and berries on their low capture rates.

Swablu is my first Go shiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Oh wow, I hatched a Wynaut out of a 5km. Apparently it's pretty rare, too.

I like this doggo event. Fingers crossed for a shiny Poochyena!

• Locked thread