Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Fallen Rib

So this is only the first 50 of Gen 3, right? Any word on when they'll be releasing the rest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Fallen Rib

Oh joy, the Instinct Spoof Brigade is back with a vengeance. Every gym in the vicinity is yellow, and for some reason they all have 4K-ish Slakings in them.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Fallen Rib

Played for the full three hours of the event, caught a total of 67 Charmanders. Not a single shiny.

Girlfriend suddenly remembers there’s an event and starts the game up when there’s 12 minutes left - immediately gets a shiny lizard.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Fallen Rib

Parrotine posted:

It is going to be pants-on-head retarded if Niantic releases up to Gen VII and still hasn't implemented trading into this game

Do they even have an excuse at this point? Currently I'm enjoying the game but that was one of their core promises put in the promo trailer for the game before release.

I really wish Game Freak or Big Daddy Nintendo would hold an intervention with Niantic and give them a hard deadline to get trading done and done, I can live a month without back-to-back events if it means they finally get this mechanic out the door.

If they make trading local-only it’ll be interesting to see how they’ll deal with the issue of children getting scammed or threatened out of their pokemons by the hardcore fat beardlords.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Fallen Rib

Maker Of Shoes posted:

i cant imagine non local trading that doesn't require player to player contact if nintendo and niantic want to preserve regional critter exclusivity either.

That’s the thing, isn’t it? If they make trading world-wide, you’ll have Chinese farmbots selling regionals and maxed-out Blisseys by the truckload within a couple of hours. And if they go local-only, there’s the potential serious risk I mentioned earlier of creepy hardcore players (or worse) deliberately targeting younger players.

Maybe they could do some sort of hybrid thing where you drop your pokemon off at a local gym designated as a trading post, then other passing players can make trading offers that you could accept or decline remotely? It could probably still be abused, but it’d be a way to keep trading localized without forcing you to physically interact with other players.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Fallen Rib

8365 2772 4740

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Fallen Rib

Kly posted:

theres a surprising amount of hostility in this thread about pokemans

90% of this thread consists of “This latest update is somewhat inconvenient for me, why aren’t all the features tailored to my personal preferences? NIANTIC IS KILLING THE GAME!”

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Fallen Rib

If any of you keep getting postcards from a weird-rear end looking horse statue, it’s because its like ten feet from my living room window and I am extremely lazy.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Fallen Rib

DizzyBum posted:

You people and your living right on top of Pokestops

The worst thing is that there’s also a gym right by my apartment, but it’s just out of reach from the inside. I actually have to get out and walk like 30 drat feet to punch a Blissey.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Fallen Rib

Is this even that new? I rooted my old phone ~15 months ago using a stock ROM and PGO stopped working immediately. Tried unrooting and a factory reset, still didn’t work.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Fallen Rib

I’d be happy to unload my Mimes and Volbeats if people want to do the shared account thing.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Fallen Rib

Finally got a Tauros yesterday after hatching like fifteen loving Meowths. Thanks, guy from Evanston, IL!

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Fallen Rib

Community day just ended here and now these weird Dittos are spawning loving EVERYWHERE.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Fallen Rib

If you didn’t get Mewtwo during the event, are you totally SOL or is there a chance it will return someday?

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Fallen Rib

Still haven’t got a Mewtwo.

Any chance it’ll be returning after it goes away from raids?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Fallen Rib

Pokémon GO: The Holy Inquisinnoh