Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

shyduck posted:

34 degrees and sunny is considered extreme :thunk:

It's a literal whiteout where I'm at right now and my screen says partly cloudy and the backdrop is green and sunny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
My 12 year daughter caught her first shiny today, a little orange Shellder. She was so happy she almost jumped out of her skin and that’s why this game is still so friggin fun to play

Also my 6 year old son refuses to call it a Magikarp and therefore it will always be known to me as “Sideways Floppin Fish”

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Bleh, the raid group on discord in my area isn't accepting anyone new, and want you to be level 25 with a ton of pictures of your account.

Any alternatives to hook up with raid people in your area?

I literally have no understanding of this. I’ve done a few raids with groups I’ve come across here and there. Maybe a few times I’ve found ones from a local Facebook group or discord. As long as you have 10-12 people, you’re going to beat the friggin thing anyway - why is there a need to be so selective and so secretive?

I haven’t done a TON of legendary raids (I’ve done maybe 40 since they started), and I’ve done them with a lot of different groups, and never ONCE have we failed to beat the thing. I think the least amount of time left was 40 seconds, and that was a Kyogre we did with 7 total people. Once you beat it, it’s an individual thing to catch it anyway, so what the hell is the big deal about who’s allowed in the clubhouse??

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007

Soysaucebeast posted:

Looks like the next field research Pokemon is a Snorlax. I wish it were the dogs, but I could always use more Snorlax candies.

That’s just one of the reward encounters, along with ditto, Pikachu, and some others. They haven’t revealed who the 7 day reward quest will be yet.

I’m dumb, breakthrough is Body Slam Snorlax. That’s a pisser :(

GPTribefan fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jun 26, 2018

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Man I’m starting to feel really lucky.... my daughter and I met 5 random players while wandering around. We did 4 raids and we all got at least one shiny. Regardless, it was a lot of fun - hung out and chatted, got some new friends for gifts, and got my shiny freezerbirb.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007

NZAmoeba posted:

Articuno day happened to coincide with me attending the local comiccon downtown, so I joined a raid train (just spot the guy dressed as Ash :v: ) and hit a bunch of gyms in that area.

Now have an ex-raid pass for one of the raids, but as it happens it's at 5:30pm which is doable. It's just normally a time I'd be going to a real gym is all...

Youngstown goon??? I was at that comicon and probably was in said raid train. Got myself 1 shiny freezerbirb and so did my daughter!

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

hey maybe it means they will buff up the spawn rate on unowns. at least, i sure hope they do at some point, as nobody in the local raid groups have spotted one anywhere in my area since fuckin january.

It has now been 6 months since the last time anyone has seen around here. Caught one mid January and that’s been it for 2018. I understand it’s supposed to be ultra rare but drat.... I’ve caught more tyranitars in the Wild than I have Unown!!

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007

HookShot posted:

You guys were definitely doing it wrong; I did it with three other high 30s the other day and we had like 85 seconds left and the Marowak had the weather boost.

Yeah I don’t know what the problem was - my daughter and I did it with my 2 accounts (40 and 35) and her 1 (33). It had a weather boost and we still beat it with 10 seconds to spare.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Turned on the game in my house before leaving for the zoo and saw a Wingull. One catch, one shiny 😎

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Finally got this bad boy today - first one in over a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007

Oyster posted:

Chimecho's claim to fame is that you get 1,000 dust when you catch it. It's rare and has that bonus for.....some reason.

I’ve inexplicably hatched 3 in the last 6 weeks, but I’ve never seen one in the wild. As a matter of fact, no one in any of the Facebook groups I’m in and no one I talk to locally has ever seen one in the wild. I think I might have the ultimate trade bait!!!

• Locked thread