Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

dwarf74 posted:

So uh either the weather is doing fucky things to the CPs of pokemon in my box, or I captured a Level 35 Vulpix and I'm level 30.
Yeah you catch higher level and IV'd pokemon in the weather. In addition you can catch raid bosses at 5 levels higher during their equivalent weather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Steve Jorbs posted:

Gotta
Catch
'Em
All

No exceptions.
Agreed. Did my first absol raid today because the weather boosted fighting pokemon so it was an easy 2 man and I need that pokedex entry man. It was shiny. Still haven't gotten a shinny magikarp (and they are fairly common here) but got shuppet, duskull and now absol.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Beastyfella posted:

How easy is absol to 2 man on a cloudy day? I have 5 lv 30 machamp and my kid has 4 of them so far. If it's cloudy we can probably add one more each, or a hariyama, probably at lv 30+
Our machamps were slightly lower leveled and did it with 30 seconds left. We needed 6 machamp, but I think you might be fine if it doesn't have psycho cut as a fast move.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

Someone tell me how Groundon does as a groundtype attacker before I raid for more than one of these please.
Better than Rhydon, so best so far. (Kyogre will also be better than gyarados when it is released). However, don't know the details for the exclusive moves which may or may not exist.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

LionArcher posted:

This game is broken. Where the hell are my revives? I get one every 20th stop or so. Which is why I have 152 fainted Pokémon. This is bullshit.
If you don't know revives are given out at a much higher rate at gyms than stops.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Crosspeice posted:

My only Lotad just popped up in front of me while it wasn't raining. Wasn't even near a river, so I was very confused. Still haven't found a Feebas or Carvanha and I'm getting Whiscash and Crawdaunt by walking them. I'll walk Wailmer when I've done everything but the 5k buddies, cause that will feel less tedious.
I'm in a fairly water prevalent area. Caught a wild Whishcash, been walking perfect Wailmer I hatched and with catches I'm at 260 ish candy. Evolved Corphish and Carvanah no problem. I have 26 Feebas candy I think and 40 Lotad candy. So before the new wave comes out I'm just missing Breloom, Wailord, Milotic and Lombre/Ludicolo (could evolve to Lombre if I had/wanted to). And the babies obviously.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

My GF and I both just got an ex raid pass. To a raid in Florida at a gym we only put pokemon in back in September. She is pissed.

edit: if anyone is near Osprey floriday (LOL I'm pretty sure no one is) and would go for us I would be a huge fan.

Fritzler fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 6, 2018

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Entropist posted:

Apparently the community event is producing as much shinies as the Pikachu one... I don't like this. Shinies are supposed to be rare. Now I'll end up with 20 puke-dragons in my inventory and they'll be more common than normal ones on gyms.
I feel like a few times a year we are usually given a shiny (oftentimes legendary) in the mainline games for free. (This year we are getting spearmint Zygarde.)They’re really not that rare and just a time investment with SOS battles/chaining now and I’m glad casual players can get a shiny or two in Go.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Ballz posted:

Are shiny legendaries more common or something? I’ve caught more than a thousand magikarp and haven’t seen a shiny, I don’t see how y’all would have that much hope getting a shiny Lugia if you only battle them a few dozen times, tops.
I believe shinies are more common from raids than wild encounters, just like IVs are better. IDK for sure though. Got shiny absol on my first absol raid, did 7 mawile with no shiny though.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Willsun posted:

Probably just the same thing everyone's been saying about local trackers being down. Everyone has to rely on word of mouth and physical sightings now to organize raids instead of just watching trackers. Most people don't have the patience to check and plan raids at the last moment like that, especially when deciding locations of raids happening closer or farther away in town.
Actually I think he said that because no one has gotten a shiny Lugia since the event started. That only lasted ~5 hours, and shiny lugias are available again. I know me and a few others were only raiding for the chance of shiny.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Has anyone else had trouble with PTC this morning? I have for like 2 hours, but haven't seen any other comments about it.

edit: nevermind. Seems to be a personal problem.

Fritzler fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 28, 2018

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Willsun posted:

The three that evolve from a Kanto form into a new Alolan form are Pikachu, Exeggcute, and Cubone. Everything else has an Alolan form for all stages like Vulpix and Geodude.

It'd be hilarious if they made their Pokedex entries into the 700-somethings so we'll have this giant ocean of numbers between where we are now and the Alolan entries.
But none of the alola forms have new national poxedex numbers? They all just have their original number because they are a different form.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

What the hell lol, I just got a research quest for 5 great throws in a row.

That encounter better be a really fuckin' rare pokemon.
Very interested to hear about this. Never heard of this. There's 3 greats in a row for an Onix. And 5 nice throws for a voltorb.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Is there a double XP event or something similar coming soon? I'm holding off on an evolve spree until then as I'm 400k away from 39.
Best way to get XP now is to become ultra friends with people. Lucky Egg does double this and you can do multiple people at once easily.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Work had a Spinda quest so I got one real quick!

Psion posted:

The trading system is designed to make it a long term commitment to complete your dex and is otherwise a thing you can use or ignore with no real problems either way. And the friendship system that goes hand in hand with that is great for local raid groups where the people aren't all on the same team and the XP you get from ranking friends up is also very nice.

it's actually one of Niantic's better thought out systems

only for specific trades. you can trade generic pokemon for a grand total of 4 dust at best friends level. as far as I know this chart is still accurate:

FYI this chart isn't correct. There's a floor of 100 stardust for a trade - so trading a pokemon you both have with a friend will never lower between 100 dust.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Psion posted:

if I remember right, trade IVs have a floor determined by your friendship level but are otherwise random in the range. They can improve but the floor at super ultimate best friends level is like 5/5/5 so the odds of them improving are not good, but it is possible.
Correct! But the floor for lucky pokemon is 10/10/10 (which is the same as eggs/raids).

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Heffer posted:

Could you trade a Magikarp back and forth with an ultra friend to farm candy? Is there some limitation I don't know about? 8 star dust is pretty cheap.
Can only trade once - and actually it is 100 star dust no matter friend level.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I need 3 new friends for the Celebi quest! I live in Boston and have plenty of friends here so would prefer distance in gifts. Not a big deal though!

4988 3994 7552

edit: I've got my friends from the quest but feel free to add me if you still need them.

Fritzler fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Aug 21, 2018

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

US Foreign Policy posted:

I just added 6 random goons and all 6 are team instinct. I dont think that matters at all, but goons apparently like yellow?
Or instinct people are more likely to look for friends online cuz no one likes them IRL.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Hey, anyone here from Seattle? My GF and I are here for a week and we’re looking for a place to raid for the whole period on Saturday. Would like to go downtown probably. Any recommend some discord’s with a path other people will be following?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Psychobabble! posted:

You're in luck! Here's a post from our local FB page:

and the map:

I won't personally be there but I know the "host" from raiding and he's a pretty cool guy. Counterbalance park is at 700 Queen Anne Ave N. Be on time, be prepared to walk and raid/catch at the same time, and be willing to run if it has bad IVs and they're already at the next raid. Bonus: it takes you through all of downtown. Have fun!
We did this for an hour and a half. Thanks for the recommendation. Started a bit slow (the first gym was locked due to an ex raid, the second had so many people there that everyone seemed to get kicked out), but eventually we sped forward with a smaller group of people and a bunch of fun. Thanks again!

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I had one of the raid invites for a tier 5 in 20 min, a 5 min walk from my work. I busted down there with hella people. Dragged a coworker who I'm 30 days friends with down and invited her, but turned out to be mewtwo. It took my premium raid pass too, even though it showed the ex raid pass was taken.

Beastyfella posted:

Calm down peeps with raids happening now. It's polling the time of the current egg if it has one. The ex raid is Oct 1 or 2 and a tweet says the time will update after the current normal raid ends.
That's what the tweet said, but then I got a notification after the current raid was cancelled that my ex-raid was cancelled. They game me two premium passes and 1000 stardust.

Edit they gave premium not ex

Fritzler fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Sep 27, 2018

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Beastyfella posted:

Ex raid passes, or premium passes?

I won't be surprised if they messed it up on the first try. Hopefully people get another ex pass from this
They gave me two premiums to make it up. Not ex.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Elysiume posted:

I'm in the exact same position. Definitely worked out better for me, but I could've tossed an invite to one of my friends who didn't get a pass had it not been canceled.
I was able to invite a friend before the cancel so they also got two raid passes/1000 dust.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Parrotine posted:

Every Meltan I catch ends up being a Ditto :suicide:

Do I gotta trade to get one of these poorly-designed variables? How much dust is it gonna cost?
Right now its only in the game! It seems like Ditto is just warning us Meltan is coming? I think it will likely be a a research (like mew/celebi) when Let's Go comes out (Nov 16).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

A Sometimes Food posted:

Neat trying to remember Sinnoh mons I like other than the starters(Torterra best starter til Gen 7s absurdly good Incineroar design).

Oh Garchomp and Drifblim lines are cool.
Rotom is the best gimmick pokemon.

Also I got a perfect Mewtwo today! Caught it first ball too, so no sweating.

• Locked thread