Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

When do the baby Snorlax come out, Gen 4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

seiferguy posted:

Motherfuck, an EX raid is happening at a starbucks I go to. I guess because I only have a bronze badge I didn't get it :(

I dragged my wife to a Starbucks to do a raid. She got an EX Pass, I did not. :(:hf::(

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

finally got my first gen3 from an egg, yay. up to 266/283. whoo

I'm at 278/281 - stupid regional exclusives.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

The downfall of the plus is just clicking the button before you notice it's blinking yellow and the big Swampert runs from a crappy red ball...

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Pomplamoose posted:

So what teams are y'all using to beat Groudon. It's sort of tough since it has solar beam and fire blast as potential charge moves but this is what I've got so far...

goddamn glad I saw it already

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I was 0/4 on this bastard before I finally caught one. My worst start to any legendary yet.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Water and Ice, plus maybe Xmas bird, dropping Friday?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Entropist posted:

https://twitter.com/NianticHelp/status/944121556053008384?s=17
This implies that it would be your first spin after 1pm PST, not that it has to be a first spin of the day.

Nope, I accidentally did a spin with my plus before One PM and didn't get an incubator after.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

seiferguy posted:

I honestly don't give a poo poo about spoofers anymore, and if their presence is the difference between beating a raid or failing it, by all means.

There are times when we have 20 people to do a raid so we go private and exclude the spoofers, but most of the time I am happy to have their help...

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Vegastar posted:

If it makes you feel any better, what you're describing is 100% my experience with the Pixel 2 and the go+. I haven't found a way to improve it.

I have my Pixel 2 paired with my Go+ and have never had an issue at all.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

My favorite 100IV is a Gyardos. I have a couple others but none are as useful as him.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Louisgod posted:

I'm coming up short with what else I need to add to my top CP teams:

Still building up candies for a Slaking.

I have a 6 man Gary Team all with WaterFall and HydroPump, all over 3k. I have a Dark Team made of Ttars and Garys with Bite/Crunch, a Rock Team with a Groudon, Golems and Ttars, and I have a Solar Beam Team anchored by by Groudon and Exeggutors. My biggest defenders that I don't raid with are a 4k Slaking and a 3k Blissey. Now that I have those, I am just filling out my dex. 309 so far :sigh:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

PoGo+ throws my numbers out of whack but I saw a decent amount of the G3 starters:

Treecko 58/77
Torchic 79/118
Mudkip 49/67

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Parrotine posted:

Wish Niantic made it so that you couldn't mass transfer perfect IV Pokemon, that would save so much time appraising those things

This is brilliant; however, I don't think they'll ever put it in.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Dr Tran posted:

After 4 months I finally get to do another Mewtwo raid. Weather changed to Windy, so it's boosted. Fucker ran.

That sucks. I spent a lot of Rare Candy and dust on the 78IV one I caught just because I had no idea if I would get another. Spoiler: I have not even received another EX Pass :(

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Heck, Niatic may as well go full loot box and sell a legendary box, wherein it contains a legendary, and there's a 1% chance that Legendary is Mewtwo.

Louisgod posted:

Oh god I hope they do this.

Delete this poo poo, they are watching :tinfoil:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

There are still Groudons but you'll have to beg for a residing party.

Went 3 for 3 on Kyogre today including a critical catch. Best one is only an 89IV so I'll have to try for a couple more.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Dammit I think all I was missing besides regionals was Milotic and Wynaut. Now I will have more shadows in my dex.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

e: nm

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

flatluigi posted:

Do you even want a strong defender these days? You want your pokemon to eventually drop out.

I usually have 6-7 in gyms, they turn over pretty quickly here. I put everything from Feebas so I can remotely feed them or Blissey/Snorlax to sit in gyms long term to get gold.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

We used to have a lot more Dratini on the riverfronts, not so much any more. I did a lot of raids to get Larvitar candy since they almost never spawn here, and I did a lot of hunting during the rock event. I still see a few of each on the city map but not often.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Aggron wasn't too hard as a Raid Boss. No one got a shiny :(

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Got my second EX Raid pass today... for a Thursday at 10:30 AM. :lol: and I hope we get enough attendees to do it.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Chairman Mao posted:

Same except I'm pretty sure we have enough people around here who are either way too into this game or don't have jobs that we'll probably make it.

Looks like at least 4 of the people I regularly raid with got passes, so I think we'll be okay.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I raided the poo poo out of a Sprint Store and a Starbucks right next to each other, got the EX Pass for the Sprint location. Sponsored gyms are the primary way to go (but there were 3 EX raids issued in my area and only 1 was a sponsored gym)...

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

DizzyBum posted:

I'm waiting for the game to suddenly issue me an EX pass for one of the nearby gyms, but it'll be in a few days after I've moved hundreds of miles away.

This is why I hesitate to raid when traveling out of town. I would be devastated to get a pass for a raid in Las Vegas, when no one who was picked could make it back :lol:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Crosspeice posted:

Had a Glalie spawn when I was walking home, but it didn't beat out the Lunatone that spawned later. Same place a Hitmontop spawned last week, I swear that area keeps giving rare stuff, it's where I got my first Pineco too.

Though of course it doesn't beat out a fuckin Dragonite just popping up. One time I found a wild Dragonair, but for the people that get all the rare fully evolved Pokemon that are ready to fight immediately: gently caress you and gently caress this game.

Where are you in the world that you found a Lunatone? I have heard they spawn at night but have yet to see one even on a tracker.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Its really weird that they originally issued expasses over one week foward but still sent second wave 2 days from now.

Yeah, I think it's more of a beta test :lol:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I don't understand the motivation for trying to capture 50 goddamn whales, holy poo poo.

Candies? XP? EX Raid hopes? I have done no where near that many, but there are some reasons I suppose.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I had a 2311 Kyogre run today, but at least my wife caught one!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Sanford posted:

I'm the casualist of casual players. You should try harder.

Holy poo poo. I have only ever seen and caught one. Nice.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

sebzilla posted:

True. My buddy is 2/3 though including a 98%. Frustrating.

Also I think the game is down for Android users right now. Right as it starts to snow as well.

Seems to be back up now

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Beastyfella posted:

Haha my kid got one on the other side of town, which is probably doable. I got one halfway across the country from December. At least she'll be happy, which is what matters more to me.

I know there's a discord in that town but I don't know anyone there is trust with my Google account info.

Just spoof it!

Kidding.

Kinda.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

seiferguy posted:

If you hated catching Kyogre, wait till Rayquaza since only hardcore folks have a gold Dragon badge.

I have a Gold Dragon Badge, I didn't think they were that rare but apparently not that many people in my local discord do either. Huh.

Got my second MewTwo today on the last ball as a Critical Catch. First was 78IV this one is 87IV. I guess I know what I am doing with all my rare candies in the near future.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I got a third EX Pass for next weekend, very cool.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

2/2 on Rayquaza, also got a Bagon, Illumise and Munin today. Good first day.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

seiferguy posted:

I think Seattle gets about one day of windy weather every 20 or so days, so I doubt I'm ever going to see a bagon.

Lots down here in Portland, come visit!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Nuebot posted:

:negative: the only gen 3 pokemon I want is Beldum. This whole event all I've seen were Swablu. Now there's literally nothing spawning locally except Luvdisc. I kind of hate this event.

I've gotten one Beldum and a Metang popped up right by my work today, so I have that too. They both suck IV wise, but hey, dex entries!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I wonder if we can use a TM to get Draco Meteor on an existing Dragonite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I have two Dragonair right now, and like 60 candies. I have 12 Dragonites and was hoping I could use a TM on one but I will be looking for a really good one to evolve now.

How many of you already have your Gold Dragon badge?

• Locked thread