Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Supposedly EX Passes going out between now and Sunday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Zombie Dachshund posted:

New EX gym indicator is cool and good; I just learned that two gyms within a couple of blocks from my house are EX gyms. Now I need to persuade the local Discord group to start raiding there.

The gym in the park behind my house is finally confirmed to be an EX gym that I have been trying to get the local groups to hit and now it should be easier!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Zombie Dachshund posted:

How many people raiding are needed to trigger an EX raid? I plan to be positively obnoxious announcing every egg that hatches.

I think the idea is 20 unique accounts as per Reddit.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

humpthewind posted:

Why can't I find a shiny fish

#5 today

Living near a river owns

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

bowmore posted:

the magikarp king

I caught #2800 today, a guy here in Portland has caught over 4000.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Entropist posted:

I'm at 4400 now, though it's slowed down significantly since I moved out of the harbour about a year ago. 8 shiny.

It's amazing how we take for granted what others envy. In the game and in life.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I have so so many water type waiting to be evolved. My dex is ready.

e: Use evolve & water to check for yourself.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

seiferguy posted:

The latest games made it a lot easier to hunt for shinies using the wormhole trick.

One of the people I play with set it up so that her daughter gets all the shinies while she gets all the regionals. I gave her a heracross for a guaranteed lucky rhydon which I powered to max and he will be a beautiful rhyperior.

I want to thank you again for the cool gifts dude. I hope you got something cool from Orlando last week!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Dr Tran posted:

Changes to Pokémon Effectiveness in Battle
The in-game battle mechanics are being rebalanced. You may notice some of the following changes in the coming weeks:

CP values will be adjusted going forward to improve game balance.

HP values will be adjusted to close the gap between Pokémon with high and low HP.

Pokémon Defense and Stamina values will be rebalanced, allowing Pokémon with high defensive stats to be valuable by outlasting opponents in battle rather than these Pokémon merely taking too long to defeat.

Defense values have also been slightly reduced for most Pokémon. Changes like these will help narrow the gap between Pokémon with the highest defensive stats and other Pokémon.

Sounds like re-balancing for PvP to me!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I just powered up my Lucky 89 IV Mewtwo to 3700 CP so of course he'll probably get nerfed. I do have a perfect at 3982 and if that changes I'll

I'll bitch about it a lot.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Found this online, not sure about the validity but seems reasonable. No nerf to Mewtwo!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Got an EX pass and a friend is going to share another invite for Monday as well. :toot:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Pomplamoose posted:

Do you have a link to the source?

Was posted in my local chat, didn't see the source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I'm going to hold off until my EX Raids today are done, but I will update after that.

• Locked thread