Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

The OP says that a premium raid pass gives unlimited raids for 24 hours. Might need to fix that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Ho-oh is pretty mediocre compared to other legendaries and even non legendary Pokemon so long as it doesn't have a STAB quick move.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Dr Tran posted:

Magikarp spawns seem to have increased signifigantly

I've noticed this too. We have hardly any real water here, but the major dry washes have a ton of karp in them now. More water features seen to spawn them now too

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

How easy is absol to 2 man on a cloudy day? I have 5 lv 30 machamp and my kid has 4 of them so far. If it's cloudy we can probably add one more each, or a hariyama, probably at lv 30+

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I was in a small town for the holidays, and the entire event. Didn't see much good stuff during it overall but got a crapload of makuhita candy. I live in a reasonably large city so I have access to most Pokemon eventually. Since we went to OSM and got weather, our dry rivers actually have water spawns in them now.

I'm only missing some of the oddball ones like lotad line, feebas, and a couple others I think. Wailord is gonna take a while unless I get to run along the river soon.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I think maybe something needs to be tweaked in some areas. Cloudy today and there's a bazillion makuhita, Machop, Ralts, serviper, and others, so we're doing on for weather spawns here at least on an area wide scanner map.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

It's raining in most of the city, and there's a billion lotad. It's windy in a few cells and there's a billion Ralts. And a seemingly decent increase in Dragonite spawns. A lot of the city is mt moon biome though.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Finally got to try Kyogre out today and it is a beast. Both raids had blizzard and it wasn't even worth dodging, as I got shredded since I don't have high level ideal mins to fill my group out. I whiffed a ton of balls and lost the first one. At the second stop I caught one for my kid on the first ball, and got mine on the third.
You really do have to hook it way out there just right or you don't hit the catch ring, or miss it entirely. Low ivs but I don't care too much there is still plenty of time.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Come to Arizona if you want a Bonanza of the latest release. Numel, cacnea, trapinch, claydol are all incredibly common.

Less common but still plentiful are nosepass, aron, lileep, whismur. Stage twos pop up here and there.

Solrock is really rare and you'd need a scanner or good luck to find it. I caught two thanks to a scanner this week.

It's always Sunny here so any of those types spawn like crazy.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

We had windy weather for a couple hours and while the scanner did register more Dragonite, we didn't really see more Dratini at all. Granted most of our city is mt moon biome and very little is water, so that's probably why.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Since the update the throw distance +ring is way easier to hit with Great throws if you're patient. Catch rate still sucks and all, but that's pretty much all legendaries. Did catch a lv 32 15/15/14 trapinch today, just need a few more candy to make my dirt dragon.

I would've never thought I'd be hoping for a partly cloudy day, but that trilobite thing is a super rare spawn otherwise.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Good to know. Lotad is everywhere when it very rarely rains.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I'm wondering if I should update things to show the drainage canal that is dry 99.9% of the year but gushes with water during monsoon rains. It would be nice to get a semi regular riverbank spawn nearby.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

From what I've seen, once OSM updates, so long as there were spawns there to begin with, it should change them, especially since tge start of weather effects caused a ton of water spawns to appear in our other dry river beds

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I'm just the guy who is very last to throw all my balls. It's painful to wait to make sure I always hit it, but at least every shot is a guaranteed great curve. Still RNG if I catch it but at least I'm giving myself the best chance at it that I can.

I hardly get out to raid legendaries and I'm 3/5 and my kid is 2/5, but I know I'm just lucky. Best one is 15/15/10 so I'm plenty happy.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Haha my kid got one on the other side of town, which is probably doable. I got one halfway across the country from December. At least she'll be happy, which is what matters more to me.

I know there's a discord in that town but I don't know anyone there is trust with my Google account info.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

kensei posted:

Just spoof it!

Kidding.

Kinda.

If I even knew how to.....I'd be tempted, but I'll be playing for my kids pass here in town anyway. I know that no one ever seems to get banned for it but I just feel like it's not worth the risk.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

If there's trading, I will trade with people I know that travel and have regionals I'll never see. He'll, I'll even trade them right back if they want. I just want the Dex entry.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I'm not sure if it's just the event, but our area has seen a decent number of bagon so far. Lots of Mt moon biome, so hopefully they still spawn plentifully since they're first Evo dragons. One person caught a shellgon already too.

Also, a billion swablu all over

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Well today was a good day. My kid got her Mewtwo (93%), and we picked up a few bagon, beldum, a chimecho, an anorith, and a 98% lv34 solrock (for gym fun). She was unaware that the raid we were at was a Mewtwo till right before it started and she flipped out. Hopefully I'll get an expass that isn't 1000 miles away next time.

It helped that it got "windy" this afternoon. There were even MORE swablu, along with a ton of Tailow, lots of solrock, and a noticable uptick in bagon and beldum on the map although I didn't have much time to go out then.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Our weather forecast has been screwy the last few days. Definitely should have been windy most of the day, or at least clear. Instead we were cloudy till late in the day. At least tonight it was partly cloudy and swablu spawns reached even crazier levels. Only need 70 more candy to evolve my worthless cloud bird dragon. It can sit next to my 100% flygon that is also useless.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Man, I'm glad I had to go the store last night. It was bagon Bonanza. Got the last few candies needed to evolve a salamance. Right as I was about head back home the local scanner showed a 100% lv 31 bagon, so you better believe I made a quick detour.

Now that the event ended, we're back to mostly garbage spawns, especially with luvdisc crowding everything else out. At least it's 300 dust each though.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I'm up to 91/200 on my badge
22/22 Dratini (hatched at least 5)
2/2 Dragonair (evolved)
25/30. Dragonite (evolved maybe 3 of them)

1 evolved seadra

10/10. vibrava (evolved 2)
1 evolved flygon
25/25 bagon
3/3. shelgon
1 evolved salamence

1 Rayquaza

Hoping to hit gold with the event finally, and since aron are fairly common here I'll finish my steel badge soon. There's a good scanner in town so I'm hoping to pick up a high level high IV Dratini to evolve.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Rayquaza is pretty easy to hit with great curves. It's such a high angled throw that it's easy to hit dead center. My kid finally caught one after 8 tried, whereas I'm now 4/8.

Get out for the event next weekend and get your gold dragon badge and that should help.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Looks like kid got a second pass, this time from a gym we actually raided at over the weekend with a local group. I think she can get to it with my wife, so hopefully someone helps her catch it since neither one can do curve balls very well.

I of course got no pass again, and this time we raided at 5 different ex gyms recently. Oh well, I'm still glad she got one Mewtwo let alone possibly two. Maybe if trading gets in the game she can trade it to me and back for the Dex entry.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I think that with all the modifiers in your favor the catch rate gets up to 50% or so

Curved excellent golden razz with gold badge and gold gym badge

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Since they changed the distance, it really isn't any harder to hit than the other two. They all have a frustrating break out rate

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

My kid wants nothing to do with a shiny Dragonite. Any she catches will stay Dratini or Dragonair. If I get more than one I will make a shiny Dragonite because they're such an eyesore

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Good and bad luck today. Took a friend out who doesn't raid and we tried a kyogre and Rayquaza. I caught both for my kid and self, but both ran from him. He only got 7 balls due to bad fighters, no gym control. Need to get him some weather boosted guys to help his damage output.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

RNG was kind to me. I was 1/1 on groudon, and 2/2 for Rayquaza and Kyogre. Kid got a Kyogre and Rayquaza. Friend of mine who stopped playing for a while and has nothing strong was cursed with minimum balls and got nothing. I'm going to take raid with him to build up his group with ttar, machamp, and whatever else we can do.

Having a 3rd warm body means we can reliably do ttar instead of cut it really close.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Holy poo poo that is a lot. Wonder how much real money got dumped on all that. Figure the current box gives 20 passes for 1480 coins...

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Did a boosted groudon and it kicked me from the win screen. Timer was up so no chance to catch it. At least it was a daily pass. I wonder how hard it would be to implement a background timer of like 5 to 10 mins that would allow people back in to catch if they hadn't caught it yet.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Well, I caught an unown tonight, thanks discord scanner. 12CP letter F, but it completed my gen 2 regional Dex.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I imagine they're making Mewtwo more accessible a) to make up for all the troublesome beta testing, and b) because Mewtwo will cycle out at some point for something else.

Maybe a mythic Pokemon, or maybe they'll keep this increased accessibility for having four possible deoxys forms in ex raids.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I've never been disappointed to hatch back to back dratini until last night. I loaded up a bunch of 10k eggs and got one beldum out of it (27 candy). The rest was dratini, dratini, Ralts, mareep, mareep, and a bunch of 5k trash. At least my long runs on the weekend clear my egg stash out since I go really slow.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I've been lucky that one gotten a whole two 2k eggs so far. Both were wailmer too, which I need.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Why not heal Pokemon after PVP if there's no real reward, and take some time to come up with a real PvP system, if one is even needed. Just make a few dumb badges to start out with, and some clothes to sell based on badge level.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

You can't even run and get distance counted accurately without going slow. I keep to a 945 m/m pace and it counts....maybe 2/3 of it. I ran 15 miles and got enough credited that I was happy overall since I cleared my inventory out twice over with a few incubators.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Darth TNT posted:

At this point I'd suggest just putting all Legendaries in the pool. That's already 13 different mons that could show up and you know certain others are more popular and will draw crowds, with a chance that they will tag along with the group to the next. Maybe do theme weeks when you introduce a new one.

This is a horrible idea. People with limited gyms would hardly get the spawn they want/need. And those of us who don't travel around much even in larger towns would have a pretty similar issue.

Keeping the new one by itself at least for a while, and then overlapping with one or two older ones would probably work better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

seiferguy posted:

Hell yeah nanab berries finally getting their worth. Going to Savage season the crap out of that Lugia.

Why would you use a nanab? Pinap that thing!

«3 »