Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
There are significantly more ghosts at night, but maybe it is biome limited? Fwiw, I found all mine at strip mall parking lots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I came into the event with about 750 candy, and only had about an hour to kill. Kid and I each got 4 shiny which was nice. One was actually half decent, too

My very first click at 11 was shiny, and my very last click was shiny too. Can't beat that

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I'm really glad I hustled on a 15 minute drive at 830 at night to get one when scanners still worked. That sounds so goony to say, but it also made my kid incredibly happy the next day.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I'm glad we'll get a potentially rediculous overpowered rock attacker. It means we may need less people to do some raids, which is great until they give us ingress style raid maps. I really hope the legendary birds come back as temporary L5s with shiny chance. My kid and I can just do them alone or help solo people we know.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Is there a limit on how many encounters I can stack up? I’ve got to be near 50 at this point.

I think I saw on silph road where someone stacked way over 100.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Hell yeah! In less than an hour's time I got a decent shiny kabuto and my kid got a decent shiny Omanyte. Good event so far

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I think we each clicked on about 60-80 or so for our shines. Another player in our group got shiny Aerodactyl this evening

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Anorith seem to be stupid common here (southwestern US). Up to 200 candy so far

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I tried walking a legendary and gave up since a major chunk of these quests are walking based. Hello Tyranitar for a while, since I'll need a bit of spare candy to power things up after blowing at least 650 on evolutions during community day.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

dwarf74 posted:

I just got a 0% Aron. gently caress shinies!

I'll see your 0% and raise you my 0% shiny I found about a month ago. It's amazing and I'm never evolving it

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Louisgod posted:

I’ll raise you my shiny cp10 0% IV Charmander. The ultimate turd.

That's amazing! I hope you evolved it so it got blast burn.

Finished an evolve quest and got a 100 Aerodactyl this morning. No shiny yet but we've only done a handful of raids and quests. I hope the rate is boosted, otherwise there's not much of a chance.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

If they want to appeal even more to casuals (and sell incubators) eggs should have a chance of dropping 1 or a small number of rare candy in addition to the Pokemon specific candy. Maybe 1 per egg tier

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I would assume people would see the auto select and notice everything suggested is probably resistant or neutral to ice. Although since a raid I was in today failed the first time due to reject auto select Pokemon joining after the first teams fainted, like Snorlax and....exploud....who knows.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Going to rain here, so we won't have the normal weather boost for sunny. I somehow doubt triple event dust stacks with community day, but with star pieces it'll still be nice

Got a bunch of larvitar to evolve in case I don't get good ones, and I almost have enough candy to evolve 6 of them right now.

Kid has 375 pinap berries and 275 Ultras/225 great, since she forgets to use them. I have maybe half that amount.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Well I was worried about it being rainy today, and when we left the house the game said cloudy. We lucked out, as the normal place we use for community day was partly cloudy for two hours while we were out. Caught well over 100 larvitar, all with pinap berries. Kid got 8 shiny, I got 7.

Came into the event with over 700 candy, and came out of it with 11 smackdown ttar of various IVs. Kid got 8 of them, so we can duo legendary birds if they ever come out for raiding again with shinies.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

It's just standardizing for when you have "traded", potentially next to a pokeballs or egg, or some other symbol.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Yes its only a visual bug, it happens when one of you keeps sending gifts first. The person who opens them first gets the friendship increase while the sender bugs out. If you do it the other way for a day you also get back to the right amount.

The jurys still out on whether this is correct or not. If one person always gives and the other always opens, friendship always updates for that person. When a new friendship level is reached, it updates for both.

If you alternate days for being the first to open a gift, you both sync friendships, but seem to not gain friend xp every day.

We'll see what happens when people should hit Great Friend level, but it may not be entirely visual.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

SuperKlaus posted:

I miss PGNexus letting me see all the high IVs I caught at a glance and sparing me the tedium of checking each 'mon individually. It seems to be dead though...?

Didn't you have to log in to it? If so, that's a way to get banned.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

WelI I was heading home from looking for shiny Rosalia and someone on the discord had found a 100 IV. I think I won the event because it came up shiny for me.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I'm already so tired of alolan eggs, but still need Vulpix. Hatched a 100IV Vulpix for the kid while on a run though, so she's ecstatic and less salty about the 100 shiny Roselia I got yesterday.

I'm dreading rattata that are coming out of eggs now. As if Meowth wasn't bad enough

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

It's supposedly fixed already

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Another email popped up stating only Articuno for T5 raids

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I'm really hoping for either sunny or partly cloudy weather tomorrow, so we can just spend our raid passes on our own, or maybe with a straggler or two that isn't in one of the preformed raid groups.

We should be able to trio it without much issue

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Wow the raid event was kinda fun today. Our local discord split into manageable car groups to keep moving fast and did hardcore/medium/casual depending on #of raids being done and if they'd wait for people.

We did two raids with a group of 19 ( barely losing one ttar) before splitting off to help a friend and his kid. We could take it out with just 3, so having 5 was very fast.

Our accounts each got one shiny, but they didn't get one. We caught every single Articuno, so I wonder if the catch rate was high since I was just flinging balls randomly at most of them. It helped it was a small group and I had 13-15 balls too. Did 8 raids, while the hardcore group did 32.

Looks like we can handle every upcoming old boss with just our 3 accounts, except groudon.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I wonder if they're testing this out. Honestly a guaranteed shiny for people would probably be an interesting idea. Decent ivs too for those that care.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Wasn't able to start till late, with about 45 minutes left on the clock. Luckily people already did the legwork and IDed 5 shiny quests nearby. Kid got 5 regular shiny and I got 4. Best one was a 15/14/14 shiny glasses. Almost forgot to evolve anything and didn't get any eggs into the incubator because I forgot. Whoops!

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Please make it a fast fairy attack ralts. After Articuno day, and with my piloswine good luck, I'll be shredding Rayquaza when it comes out as a shiny eventually

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Thanks goon from Norway, you gave my kid a 100 IV alola Vulpix

Now if someone's egg would cough one for me I'd be happy.

Enjoy your eggs from the blistering heat of Arizona

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

The kids and I are right at the point where we can trio Mewtwo, which is good because we all got ex passes thanks to Articuno day.

Going to start late to help a friend who can't get there at hatch and it's his and his kids first Mewtwo.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

A few people from the discord group went to go fest. One guy has 600+ bag space and is loading it with torkoal and unown. Thanks raid group people!

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

It's way easier to level up now compared to launch. Xp events left and right, legendary raid trains (worth double XP, and lucky eggs).

We started an account for my son during one of the triple catch xp community days (mareep) and it's almost level 31 and we're fairly casual when it comes to raiding.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

my first ex raid was today. got a pass last week after 6 months of trying netted me not a single one.

i didn't catch the loving mewtwo because 5 great curveballs and 2 excellent curveballs just was not enough. now i get to sit here hoping to get another loving ex pass. holy goddamn i loving hate the ex pass system so mother loving much, it is by far the worst aspect of this game.

Sucks that you didn't get it. Took like 12+ throws today for my kid, which is really unlikely. How did you wind up with only 7 balls to throw? Sounds like you know how to play, but did you go in a small group that was one color/team only?

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

My kids came from Norway if that makes you feel better.

Had a kid's birthday party to go to today so I didn't have too much time to raid. Luckily Zapdos is super easy and we can Trio it ourselves, especially in partly cloudy weather. We helped a friend of mine and his kid out for four raids. His kid got two shinies, and we got one.

He told me he wound up trying to hook up with a group of random people to use their last two passes they all joined a public group let them die exited the raid and formed a private raid without them. What kind of a dick move is that?

After the party the kids and I trioed two Zapdos, which was fun. Still had 60 seconds on the clock and we're only down 3 ttar each.

fun event but we're really waiting for moltres since it's my daughter's favorite and it's a hot pink rubber chicken.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

That dang pancake surfing rat keeps despawning when I see a raid. On the plus side, I'm an alola marowak magnet. Helped someone in our group get their first one, and got an ex pass for my trouble.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

There's already raid fatigue for registeel. People prefer chasing alola Pokemon and I can't blame them. Got 1 registeel, and unless people need help I'm going for alola Pokemon. It's also the difference between us being able to do raids with just me and the kids, and having to see if one person with good counters wants to do registeel.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

GonSmithe posted:

I also got my first Mewtwo today! He was loving trash though, so he's not getting powered up.

Even a lovely Mewtwo is strong. If you haven't gotten passes till now, power it up. Rare Candy isn't hard to come by.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

The real secret:. IVs mean hardly anything, especially for Pokemon that have high base attack. If you short man raids, then yes it can matter, but that's the only time.

I'm really glad we have a decent discord for the area. Mewtwo raids are simple, as we organize a group or two, and wait a little if needed, so long as people let us know in advance. Random people are on their own

Luckily, me and the kids can take Mewtwo ourselves, so we just help whoever's going to be there at the time and go on our way.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Can you trade any with people? They count towards the badge.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Ballz posted:

Hope you appreciated my 9/11 memorial gift :911:

I think I just spotted a local goon... Although there are probably multiple 9/11 memorials...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Ballz posted:

I’m sure there plenty of steel beams, completely unmelted by jet fuel, in community parks all across this great nation of ours.

Mine is in Chesapeake, Virginia though.

Well, apparently twisted metal sculptures are more common than I thought. Ours is in Arizona, right next to the playground.

• Locked thread