Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
Well, I just found out that one of the gyms nearby is at some kind of...art shop thing? There's like 15 people that work there and play Pogo. They've created a schedule of when each team is allowed to hold the gym to guarantee them coins during the week.

If an outsider of the wrong team knocks the gym down, the two other teams dogpile it immediately and turn it gray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Had way more luck today, even with sunny weather versus partly cloudy yesterday.

Yesterday's tally for us:. 7,4,3
Final count:. 19,12,19.

One big mall area had a few spots that spawned like 20+ at once. Other spots would pop 5+ throughout the parking lots. Got a 91% shiny, some guy down town got a 100.

Ended the event early and helped a friend and his kid get their first trashcan legendary.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

This one should be great too, since it's an easy duo with double rock ttars. Gonna get that hot pink rubber chicken

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Part of the raid numbers problem is that a fair amount of people still try to plan raids by player level like, when it means almost nothing. Xp is really easy to get now, but unless you have good counters at lv 30+, you'll miss beating the boss and struggle a lot.

A group had 5 or 6 people doing regirock last week, and failed twice. I was nearby and saw the discord post and was able to stop in with our 3 accounts. 2 of them had full groups machamp and we beat it with nearly half the raid time left.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

You lose progress when you swap buddies

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I'm expecting Bronze Nanab at some point. Increased catch and less movement.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Good event overall. We both got a few shiny wingull, and I caught a shiny snubbull last night.

I'm surprised that the goon collective here hasn't created a couple throwaway accounts to pass around so everyone can get regionals.

We have a few people in town that travel enough, but I don't have any shinies I want to trade for most of them.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I think the important of doing any kind of account swap is that you have to build up the dust yourself. 20k isn't too horrible especially if you're catching multiple regionals. Several of us in the family play, and this is a good week to generate dust anyway.

I get the trade aspect of the game for regionals, but it's also kind of a pain in the butt that things stay locked for so long when many people can't travel especially for the ones from really far away (tropius and relicanth I'm looking at you)

A couple friends at least are going to hook us up with torkoal and heracross.

Friending said account and gifting it will help keep it full of balls and dust, too.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I'm loading up an account with Tauros, seviper, and illumise if anyone's interested in a swap.

If anyone has relicanth, tropius, kanga, and Corsola it would be much appreciated. I think I have all the others lined up already. I don't mind catching NA regionals occasionally, but getting dust is going to be up to the person trading with themselves for the most part.

This makes me remember the goon Diablo group that would chuck all the rare items on the ground and let it be up for grabs.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

FistEnergy posted:

Some nerds on Reddit reminded me that leveling Legendaries is candy-gated instead of Stardust, so I shouldn't make them Lucky. I found a Machop nest thanks to Silph Road and now I have 2 Luckies. :waycool:

Dust is dust anywhere you spend it. If you're candy poor for legendaries, sure get lucky of other ones. I just want luckies of stuff I'll use.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Set up a dummy account and share details via PM. Play that person's account when you come across whatever they're looking for.

They log back in after waiting a while and build dust to trade to themselves.

Do you also see corsola where you're at?

I think I'm down to needing Tropius, Corsola, and kanga (once my spare is freed up for Bowman to use that one will be done too). Local friends have a few torkoal from go Fest, and heracross from when they went far enough south, or GoFest last year I think.

I can do NA regular regionals too if anyone needs them. Illumise is very common, Tauros pops up occasionally to frequently depending on weather.

Beastyfella fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Sep 7, 2018

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

flatluigi posted:

Won't that account get banned really quickly

So long as people don't screw around and log in too fast, no. The game doesn't care if you log off for half a day, then log in elsewhere. I suppose it could look at phone IDs or something, but it sure hasn't yet ever.

I work with people that travel extensively between Indonesia, south America and the US. Sadly they don't play Pogo that I know of.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Traded Pokemon keep movesets. Their IVs reroll based on a lower limit defined by your friendship level. Best friend lower limit is 5/5/5. Level will drop if it's more than +2 compared to the person receiving it.

Lucky is random, probably, but influenced by trading older Pokemon...probably. If you have less than 10 Pokemon that are lucky, and trade a July or August 2016 Pokemon to someone, both traded are guaranteed lucky. Base IVs are 12/12/12 now for lucky.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Well it looks like we've started a nice chain of regional sharing, which is great. From looking at the list of friend codes, we have a grand total of one person in New Zealand on here though, and I didn't see anybody in the Tropius region, but I'm not really familiar with that boundary line though.

Wish I had more to contribute than common NA regionals, although I'm glad to do so.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Google maps regionals layer

This shows that far southern turkey does get Tropius, but it's just a sliver. You could go to beautiful Syria and load up on them, of course!

Froist posted:

I’d love to take you up on this, probably after the weekend if you have the time then?

I don’t want to promise anything, but I’m going on holiday to the south coast of Turkey in a week’s time, and the internet suggests there’s a chance of seeing Tropius there. Main priority is my own account and a couple for local trades, but if they do happen to pop up I’ll try to get some on my passaround account too.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

If you just want to catch stuff on someone's mule account, just log out of yours and log into theirs. Just play on yours till you see whatever local regional everyone's clamoring for and then swap over, hoping it doesn't despawn.

You need two devices to trade, if that's what you mean.

Id also love to jump on the mule account bandwagon for a few relicanth at some point since nobody I know is going to NZ ever (my in-laws went on a trip, bit it hadnt come out yet) I can PM you, but the acct may be tied up for a couple days, so I'm not in a huge rush.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Good day today. The kids and I drove around and we just played with the 3 of us on our own schedule. Did 10 raids, got 4 shines. Two weren't great, but we got a 15/15/14 and a 15/14/14 on the same account.

Even with sunny weather it was a joke with 3 teams of smackdown ttar all lv 32-37.
I also found a shiny murkrow!

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I think you'd find a few people that would do the same trade in your area... At least until we wind up getting legacy Gengar as community day October or something.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Remember, 7k eggs updated immediately upon egg pool changing, unlike regular eggs. They choose the Pokemon when they hatch.

Who knows if this will hold true for the regionals though.

Guess I probably won't need a kanga now, but still will need relicanth from our one NZ player, and Tropius from.....well...anyone who may be over that way.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I agree with you fully, but how do you whiff every ball? Maximise the # of balls you get with (small raid group, same color team,etc) , wait to throw till it attacks, and have someone else throw if you can't hit it.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Looks like South Korea gets an event with Tropius and unown in a small part of Seoul. Lotte tower. Increased spawns of other rares. No sign up needed. Sept 21-23.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Do you guys not know how to use incense? I use em during community day or themed events. They spawn whatever is normally in the biome but get overwritten mostly by the events. So long as you treat them as a bonus item they're not too horrible.

Actually move yourself around and you get one per minute. I either run with one on or my kid uses it if we're driving.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

The incense 1 Pokemon per minute pace is 200m/minute, or a. 8:20 minute per mile pace. It's a little quick for me this time of year since it's regularly 90 to 100 degrees outside when I run, but in the winter it's not too hard to keep it up.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Going to go for a run tonight, we'll if I come back happy with a kanga, or full of alolan trash and Porygon...

At least we have goons that will catch their regionals if people miss out. Still happy to catch Tauros illumise or seviper for anyone who needs it and has a dummy account.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Well my run was a mixed bag. Kid finished her gen 1 Pokedex with a kanga. I got alola trash, but did find a shiny grimer.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Yay, got my kanga today after lunch, so both the kid and I have Gen1 complete now. I also am the proud owner of a huge pile of alolan meowth and Sandshrew candy.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

https://mobile.twitter.com/PokemonGoNews/status/1041010684572557312

Haha. Here's Mewtwo, but gently caress you anyway.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Noxville posted:

I think it’s good to keep EX raids as something worth doing tbh, I would’ve given up trying for them for the next month otherwise.

I really disagree. Ex raids are stupid in their current form. And that's with having 5 ex Mewtwo. Having the Pokemon a year before everyone else is sufficient.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

duck trucker posted:

Yo Ex and five star raids are dumb gatekeeping bullshit and Mewtwo or any other rare pokemon should be turned into a quest chain or monthly field research for everyone

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. I do think the current form of ex raids are dumb, but I'm fine with 5 star raids. You only need 3 people for most of them, and maybe a Max of 5 for a couple of annoying ones.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

A low IV Mewtwo is still very good, as it's base attack is very high. If it's the only one you're going to have with shadowball, power it up. IVs mean absolutely nothing unless you're shortmanning raids.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Well I've got a full load of eggs from this event and used all the incubators. Got 3 kanga, 1 mime, like 4 Tauros, a handful of Vulpix, and a ton of trash. About 50 eggs between all 3 of us.

Now I need to look back and see who was getting the heracross for people in this thread and pass the trade alt off to them if they're up for it.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Several people (myself included) have spare accounts made just to be passed around to have people catch their regional Pokemon. While the Gen1 eggs help, there's still all the other regionals to get.

Easiest thing so far is to log into someone's spare and get them a few regionals, and they can take as long as they want to build up the trade dust. They do the same with an account you made, if you need anything they have.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Sometimes it seems like stuff won't spawn on another device, but it is random and goes both ways, not just limited to one phone. Phantom Pokemon seem to be a real thing, where it is there, but not really visible.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

If only someone on here was going to be in South Korea for the Tropius event, we'd be all set.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

1pm PDT, same as most other events. Although I imagine some raid birds will linger after that.

I wish I could give away all the birds I've got to goons. I'm running out space and it's going to take forever to special trade them between me and the kid.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Boo, I was all ready to trio Mewtwo while out of town for work, but that looks impossible now. I really don't feel like looking around for random people in Phoenix, and hope my hotel just has a gym that I can idle in and hope people show up.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

If you're totally decked out, it can be beaten with 3 people. I think we could beat it with 4, once we hit best friends, but I haven't looked in detail yet.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I think that friend xp is going to carry me to lv40. My daughter got like 700k today from two BFFs and some Ultras.

I think that in the next month I have 20+ best friends coming up so that's like 4 million xp right there and I'm only 100k from 39.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Nearly all my friends are actually RL friends, or local discord folks so we all coordinate well. Once I get close to ultra with the few goons on here, I'll pm them or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I hope they have another boss besides mewtwo for tier 5. We're getting some newer raiders to power up their good counters, but most people won't even try it unless they have a group of 6 or more.

I'm really hoping they don't decide to buff hp for everything, as their answer to power creep.

• Locked thread