Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

yeah it will unless maybe you have absolutely no lag whatsoever and can get off perfect dodges. my 2600cp 98% iv machamp has yet to solo a 3000+ cp blissey once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

did two groudon raids at two gyms that are like 30 feet from each other, caught both and the second one had 15/14/15 ivs. well i guess i don't need to do any more groudon raids :v:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

nah son you need a lickitung for that 69 hp

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i caught a near perfect iv level 35...natu today

not great but hey i want at least one of every pokemon at at least level 30 with above 90% ivs, so, cool~

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

with regards to the new once a month community days, they will be worth it if they have regionals spawn during them. gimme dat corsola and heracross.

in fact i really dunno what else they'd do for special pokemon, so hey.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

wailmer's buddy icon is the best thing in this entire dumb game holy lol

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

so i decided i'd go and trash a bunch of crappy mons with sub-90% ivs i've been pointlessly holding on to (poo poo like 84% iv seakings and whatnot) and boy oh man why the gently caress did they change it so that any time you do anything to your pokemon it resets all the way to the loving start of the list. this is irritating as gently caress and i hope it's just a bug that they fix.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

would've preferred beldum or bagon but w/e i guess

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i more care about shiny metagross than i do about its place in the metagame, it's one of the best looking sprites in pokemon

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

zigzagoon should be sentret/rattata-ified. 25 candies to evolve, no eggs. it is boggling that it's 50 to evolve that thing, like seriously what in the hell. at least if they moved it to 25 it'd be sorta worth catching for evolution sprees.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Ballz posted:

How does anyone get a single ex raid pass, let alone three.

no idea. there are 5 gyms in my town that give out ex passes, i raid at all 5 of them hoping to get an ex pass, no luck yet. the ex system is duuuuuumb.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i'm rapidly running out of gen 3 pokedex entries still needing to be filled and have moved on to the gen 3 genderdex.

but still have not got a loving unknown yet. christ almighty why did they make this stupid thing so insanely rare.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Willsun posted:

Same on Unown. You'd think they'd make it more common if every letter of the alphabet was collectible.

the town i live in is unreasonably active for pokemon go, there's about 30 of us who raid daily, another 20 who are more occasional. some girl pays monthly for pokehuntr so that the whole town is always scanned at all times and several of us, sometimes including myself, keep a close eye on pokehuntr to the point where there's eyes on the site nearly 24/7. any time one is spotted it is announced in the facebook group, the facebook chat and discord.

the last time anyone saw an unown in this town was january 6th. before then was some time in august. it's loving ludicrous.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Prop Wash posted:

Ludicolo’s stats are mediocre but its animations are top-tier. My god, those maracas! In terms of comedy gym defenders Ludicolo’s only rivals are the “too big to fit in the pedestal” crew (Makuhita, Wailord) and the classic Shiny Magikarp gambit.

yeah ludicolo is my go-to defender for gyms now. more pokemon need sick dance moves.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i just hope they introduce trading while i am still in college, i know that we have students that will cover most of them (relicanth prolly won't but eh).

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Mustached Demon posted:

Counterpoint: Ludicolo is horrid.

counterpoint: you're horrid

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i'm fine with overlapping legendaries, a bunch of the people i raid with kept going after groudon when kyogre dropped in order to hopefully get better ones.

that said i doubt any of us will keep going after kyogre once rayquaza drops because fuuuuuuuck kyogre.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i thouggt badges just raised the chances of an instant catch

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

gently caress YES

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

rofl i blew through the supply of over 100+ pinap berries i'd been saving for an event like this in just a few hours.

oh well got lots of new pokedex evolution entries. no luck finding a beldum anywhere at all though, and the one bagon i found broke out of the excellent throw curve ball ultraball i threw and fuckin ran like a little shithead.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

do you get better raid rewards for fewer people at raids, cause we just three manned an absol raid and i got 18 golden razz berries :psyduck:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

well battery is almost dead and my hands are numb, guess i better walk home. might as well grab this last swablu at the park entrance on my way out.

oh ok

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

between this and the shiny swablu i got yesterday i feel like i am in for a really long period of everything being terrible in this game for me starting now

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i am 5 for 5 on rayquaza and went three for three on groudon

i went 2 for 7 on kyogre and some of my raid group have caught zero of them out of more than 10 tries

kyogre can suck a fat veiny chode

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

please keep rotating pokemon stardust bonuses like this niantic tia

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

dwarf74 posted:

And it's based on the mola mola, which is itself just about the most useless fish in the ocean.

what the gently caress the mola mola is awesome you jerk :mad:

NZAmoeba posted:

Now that I'm getting a lot of good eevees again, is it worth walking them for the umbreon/espeon versions, or should I just roll the dice on water/fire/electric? I already have a good umbreon/espeon, but also loads of the others as well.

i'd say build up enough good espeons that you can solo machamp raids and then do whatever you feel like doing.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

outrage is a better move so :shrug:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

actually thinking about it, while outrage is a better move, it isn't better by much at all so if you can evolve a dragonite on the community day it means you can guarantee yourself a good dragon-type charge move rather than having to waste charge tms if you get the wrong move. so eh, overall a good thing i guess.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

woke up this morning and as usual i hosed around on my phone for a bit before getting out of bed. as part of this loving around i fired up pogo to see what all spawned in my room.

oh ok

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

just caught a 100% iv rattata

so in the past 8 days that's two shinies and two 100% ivs

the gently caress is happening

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Away all Goats posted:

Yeah it's pretty stupid, especially when raids might need anywhere from 4 people for Ray vs 7+ for blizzard kyo.

Also shiny dragonite looks awful

it really is the grossest shiny.

speaking of, i realized earlier today that pichu is the only gen 2 shiny in the whole game right now. honestly they really should just release shinies for all pokemon already, trickling them out in events is lame.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Entropist posted:

I remember when playing the original games you'd be lucky to find a single shiny of any kind in years of playing, except for the red Gyarados!

the first main-series shiny i ever saw was a poliwag in gold version on my way back to a city to restock pokeballs (ie i could not catch it).

i did not see another shiny until gen 5, where i got two within two weeks (blitzle and...pidgey).

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ugh between more fuckin pikahats and bulbasaur as the next community 'mon, i am starting to get really discouraged. i mean gently caress man i already got a whole team of 6 level 30 (and above) venusaurs with the best moveset and great ivs that i use to gank omastar raids, the gently caress could i possibly do with more bulbasaurs.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

mareep is definitely still 10k, i just hatched two back to back this week from 10ks.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i gots me 9 10k eggs cookin right now, first time i've ever had 9 at once

hoping for enough candies to evolve a salamence and/or a metagross, realistically expecting 9 chimechos or some dumb poo poo tho.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

what the hell why

i mean i'm fine with bringing back legendaries for people who missed them (i never got a raikou, for example ) but there are still 5 more gen 3 legendaries we've not had yet

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i raided at all 4 of the gyms in my town several times a week for months, from the time they were first introduced as a 'beta' item until very recently, getting 3 of the 4 gym badges to gold, and still never got a single ex pass. not a single one. as of two weeks ago i live in a different town where nobody is active and there's no documentation on which gyms do and don't give out ex passes so i guess i'm never getting a mewtwo.

the ex system is just flat-out bad.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

dwarf74 posted:

Hey, looks like there's more Shiny Legendaries in the game's data files.

Most are staggeringly ugly. A few more are basically indistinguishable from their normal counterparts. And like three or four are pretty cool.

https://pokemongohub.net/post/wiki/list-of-legendary-pokemon-with-available-in-game-normal-and-shiny-sprites/

man i don't give a f about any of these. just gimme dat shiny beldum/metang/metagross please.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i have 8 10km eggs cause i got too lazy to hatch them during the last event so double dust + extra hatching dust + a star piece during this event is gonna be fun times~

hopefulky this event gets me a good amount of ralts, beldum and bagon candies as well; the 9 10km eggs i hatched in the last event were not great, with four being fuckin dratinis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Julio Cruz posted:

I just really don't see the point in going all out for a mon that doesn't even improve your dex numbers. Then again, I don't understand the people who want both genders of everything either.

i too am consistently baffled by people who play games differently than i do

• Locked thread