Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Every trade I made today was lucky. My wife and I also ended up parked between 3 stops and lured them. We got 3 dittos over the course of 30 minutes. Also she snagged a shiny Magikarp and I got a shiny Mawile from a raid. I haven't played since September of 2016 so this is all very fun to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I don't know what an EX raid is but I've been enjoying the daily raids at the park here in town. I got a Meditite, Mawile (shiny), and a fancy Raichu. I mostly play to collect and evolve Pokemon. My wife caught a shiny Magikarp today and she is very happy. I want a Spinda but I haven't gotten that research task yet.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Dragonstoned posted:

I'm far from an expert but from what I gather, the EX raid is a special raid you have to be invited to do, you are sent a "EX raid pass" and given a specific time and place to be at for a Mewtwo raid.

As far as I am aware its currently the only way to get Mewtwo.

gently caress all that. I go do Pokemon hunting to walk around parks and downtown and just chill and catch lots of common Pokemon while trying to complete all those research goals to get a Mew. Mewtwo would be cool but I wouldn't appreciate a game sending me a specific time and place to catch one. He's probably super tough to beat too.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I got an alolan Meowth out of an egg today. I'm just 14 Meowth candy away from having dumb face alolan Persian. So good.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Liquid Communism posted:

I got an alolan Exeggcutor in a raid earlier.

longboi is real

Hey me too! My wife and I just call them "Headless Eggs" because they're too long for the screen in raids and on gym screens. I think that's the funnest part so far about coming back 2 years after the game launched. So many different weird Pokemon. Also alolan Rattatas to spice up all the Rattatas I see.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I don't have a Vaporeon, Espeon, or the other one (Umbreon?), But I would like to. This will be fun. There's a place downtown where I can park that overlaps 3 pokestops. Gonna kick off some lures and just catch hella Eevees.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Just realized it was after midnight so I turned in my research for my last stamp and got my first Raikou! Neat.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

So I used the name trick for Umbreon. Can I still use it for an Espeon if I get shinies on community day? I haven't played this game in 2 years. Are community days a good time to find shinies? All I have is a shiny Mawile from a raid.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

There's a two story outhouse in my town that's a pokestop. So I try to send "Smith's Two Story Privy" to everyone.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Nest change yesterday made one of the parks all Abra, all the time so that's nice. The other one is hella slowpokes. Finally got to use my Kings stone. I'm pretty hype for community day. Pokemon Go is helping keep my mind off of not getting the job I wanted. It gives me something to do.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

So will the Eevees be tied to research or just spawn everywhere? I've never done a community day but if they just spawn everywhere I'm gonna wander downtown and set up lures on 3 overlapping pokestops.

Edit: Also there's a pokestop in town that can't be used because it's a loving water tower surrounded by a chain link fence that you can only get to through a locked gate. Is there a way to report that? Because it's unusable.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

But the little pop-up said don't trespass. I sent off a request to have it removed.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I live in the largest historical preservation district in Oklahoma. Other than the two storey outhouse expect gifts from lots of Victorian architecture, plaques commemorating Oklahoma statehood, and churches. Oh, and old advertising murals like White Owl Cigars and Coca Cola.

Also an update on that unattainable pokestop: Niantic pretty much told me to get hosed.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

About 140 Eevees and 6 shiny. Also managed to coordinate a 16 person Registeel raid. It was nice because two of the gyms in the local park touch each other and both had Registeel pop at the same time. So finished one raid, did 11 great/excellent throws and couldn't get Registeel. Did the second raid and got it on my last ball. After that I just swam in a sea or Eevees. Probably gonna go do it again tomorrow.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I was gonna go but instead I'm gonna just stay home. My wife took my sister in with her to get Eevees though. I got enough Eevees yesterday I think.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Got my second Raikou tonight. One more and then I'll save stamps for the next research reward. Having a fucker of a time catching 10 ghost pokemon. One of my local parks was a Gastly nest until a few days ago and now it's all slowpokes. drat ghost types are hard to come by now.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Yeah I barely sleep and I own my business so I don't really have a set schedule. My only issue with late night Pokemon hunting is the police always hassling me. I'm a god damned bailbondsman and it's not illegal to drive around downtown at night but in a small town the sidewalks roll up at 9 and all the traffic is PD. I'm still pissed about getting pulled over for "being parked late at night" last week.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Today must have been unofficial Registeel raid day because 8 or so of the 12 gyms in town had a raid going. I just went through and collected stops to replenish stuff and finished up my Snubbull (sp?) research task then went home. Caught my last Chikorita (fuckin fantastic community day gently caress) to get a Meganium or whatever it's called.

My wife gets mad because I only played the first gen of Pokemon and I can't remember their names and just call them whatever they look like for the most part. I now know what a Sunkern is but I've been calling them Pineapple Folks for awhile. Oh and Cactus Things. I can't remember their name but I evolved one.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I check every Swablu and hope to find a shiny one day. Also do I need more than one ditto? I keep catching them (because I catch everything). Do y'all think they'll serve a purpose in the future?

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

this is incredible funny during 5 star and ex raids with all the super serious players around. if you can survive the wave of well actually's it makes standing around in a park like a weirdo entertaining.

When serious players try to correct me I get all indignant and tell them to stop gatekeeping me which is even funnier.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Ziddar posted:

This isn't even an exaggeration. Its Moon dex entry states, "This Pokémon has the habit of hugging its companions. Many Trainers have left this world after their spines were squashed by its hug. "

The face of fatal hugs.

Gosh, things got dire as the number of Pokemon increased I guess.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

So the pink Teddy bear is an outlier? Good to know.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I don't know, isn't every generation like...3 starters (water, fire, grass), a couple of birds with a couple of evolutions, floating metal electric Pokemon, and some bugs that turn into cocoons that turn into butterflies/moths? Oh also something doofy that evolves into something cool.

Edit: I just looked up Klink. What the gently caress? Klink, klang, klinklang. That's dumb as hell.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

My fellow Pokemon Go people. I did not play beyond the second generation. The dancing cactus upthread is cool as gently caress tho. I asked my wife if it was an evolution for the cactus I caught and she said it wasn't so now I'm bummed. I've forgotten what my point was. How do I get the cool cactus?

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

gen 5 has a ghost chandelier, an amoeba, a giant centipede of death, a sentient sarcophagus, a living representation of the nazca lines, an archaeopteryx, a jousting bug, and the world's cutest blood-sucking parasite. gen 5 is fuckin baller.

Ghost Chandelier: Misdreavus (sp?)
An amoeba: Ditto
Giant Centipede of death: Wurmple
A sentient sarcophagus: Sarcophagon
A living representation of the Nazca lines: Nazcanon
An archaeopteryx: archaeopteryx
A jousting bug: Joustabout
Blood sucking parasite: Rattatas

See? Every Pokemon has parallels to the previous generations.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Willsun posted:

It's the final evolution of Lotad, the little blue blob with a giant lily pad on its head. Unfortunately for you, its gimmick is that it only comes out during rainy weather (or things like the water event) in Pokemon Go.

The cactus boy you see dancing all the time evolves into some scarecrow-with-jack-o-latern-head of a humanoid cactus.

Well honestly that is cool as gently caress too.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

LumpyGumby posted:

Gen 3 is awesome because it has a piranha that evolves into a badass missile shark and if you don't think that's just the tightest poo poo...

If I could catch more than 3 of the fuckers ever I would know! Stupid piranhas.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Wheany posted:

Special research tasks:
"evolve 2 swablus"
"catch 2 dittos"
"catch 20 ghost-type pokemon"

I'm drowning in fuckin dittos! I still haven't caught 10 ghost type Pokemon though.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Beachcomber posted:

Try 6am-8am. There's also a task to transfer 10 Pokémon. I like to think it implies they're actually being pulped like everyone says.

Yeah that one has been useful. It's gotten me 3 Misdreavus so far.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

No tall outhouse gifts today friends. I didn't go into town and do any hunting. I already had a research task banked and figured I'd take a day. When I play I actually have to drive into town because I live in a rural area.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

If I wanted to know "What is the cactus-lookin Pokemon called?" I would ask here and DEEP STATE PLOT would give me the complete history of the Pokemon, all it's evolutions, and pretty much anything a Pokedex would tell me. That's why it's good to interact with the community because they often have good (and sometimes funny) information or opinions about Pokemon. If I Google it, it would probably lead me to Bulbapedia, which would answer my question but in a very clinical way and I wouldn't get to read people's opinion of the cactus Pokemon. So. You know. Cactus Pokemon.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I only have one perfect IV Pokemon and it's a Venomoth. I'm fine with that though because I like Venomoths. I am bummed because on trading day, just to test it, I traded my Golbat named Munch Man to my wife and then found out I can't get him back. She promised she'll take care of him. She traded me a Slowpoke and I treat him like a king (gave him a Kings Rock and made him a Slowking).

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I got an EX pass today. That's cool. I thought you had to work really hard for those. I just raid here and there and take gyms occasionally.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Well gently caress can you blame him? If there are like a million people playing Pokemon Go that are still consistently catching Pokemon then there is a real overpopulation problem.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Raid group was plowing through town today. Hooked up with their group and got 2 regirocks and a Piloswine. It was pretty fun and now I don't have to worry about any more regis for my Pokedex.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Ballz posted:

Look at dis guy who’s never heard of regigigas.

Yoooooooooo what the gently caress? I googled it and at least it's not in the current Pokemon Go generation.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Beachcomber posted:

Isn't giratina a ghost dragon? That's extremely necessary.

Its dialga and palkia that suck

I read somewhere that Palkia was the best attacker in all the Pokemon games though. I don't know Pokemon that well yet so maybe I was misinformed.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Beachcomber posted:

Just look at this moron:

The world sure needed another water-dragon. Doesn't even look watery.

It looks like it's trying to bust off a poo poo in a parking lot.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Wheany posted:

Take that old kikkoman soy sauce flash animation, but instead of people wondering what condiment they should put on their food, it's people wondering what pokemon they should use against this gym defender and the answer is always "machamp"

Truth. My just over 2,000CP Machamp does work anywhere I take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Got my third Raikou of the month and it is somehow much worse than my other 2. Oh well. In a year when someone gets back into it I'll have a Raikou to trade.

Edit: Also, on goon advice, I said gently caress it and went late night hunting; police be damned. I managed to catch enough Shuppets to finish that part of the Mew quest. Now I just need about 197 Magikarp candy...

Untrustable fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Aug 22, 2018

• Locked thread