Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

tangy yet delightful posted:

How does the new charge attack button work on raids? Is it a long press or just a tap? I did another solo ivysaur raid today and couldn't tell which one was working and/or if I was lagging. Still won just fine of course but it'd be nice to know how I'm supposed to press the button.

Just a tap. So all you have to do is tap the button over and over and you'll use the charge as soon as it's ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Louisgod posted:

Ran into a really weird glitch where I was catching a Vulpix but it turned into a Jigglypuff as soon as the capture screen completed. Does real time weather affect catches while you're capturing?

No, that's been a glitch since the game came out. This is how that woman caught an Articuno like a month into the game.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

sebzilla posted:

I have real problems getting enough distance on a curve throw to hit a Pokémon that's really far away. Any hints? Is length just to do with swipe speed or does how far you swipe up the screen affect it too/instead?

The height affects it. You need to let go further up your screen.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Prop Wash posted:

Thanks to Pokemon GO for reminding me that Pokemon has way too many legendaries. At least give me my Sharpedo first. I do wish they'd cut down on level 5 raids. They probably make more sense in cities, but I guarantee nobody has ever bothered with level 5 raids at most of the gyms in my rural European area.

Wait until gen 4 if you think there's too many Legendaries now.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Panic Restaurant posted:

As far as the Go+ goes, is the general consensus that it's safe to update to iOS 11 now after the new update? I'm seeing conflicting reports in a few places...

It’s safe. They fixed it. But, they did break it so you can’t binder clip/hold down the button to continue catching now.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Panic Restaurant posted:

Sweet, finally. I really thought they'd never fix it at the rate they were going.

Yeah, it’s been 5 months, I really wanted to update to ios11 for the QOL stuff but had to wait.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

It’s completely insane and not necessary. There have been three separate iterations of the Discord I use with over 300 members in them and never once would anything like that have been necessary.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

torchis are all over in cloudy weather, get 'em before they revert this like with larvitars and dratinis

Larvitar/Dratini were them being idiots, Pokemon spawning more frequently due to weather is not a mistake, it's the entire point. There's an Eevee every square foot you step when Normal is boosted.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

seiferguy posted:

I want to reiterate how stupid item / prestige ball payout based on team & gym control is stupid because it's mostly out of your control who shows up to a gym.

It’s almost like you’re supposed to talk to people and coordinate it

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Can we all talk about how much we want to party with this Wurmple?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Also lol Niantic picked the actual worst day to hold this thing, they’re definitely going to do another weekend because now every park in the US is closed.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Parrotine posted:

Wha, really? Why, what's the holiday?

Our government is shut down lol

It’s also federal parks, but yeah.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

I hope we can get Shiny Dratini and have a gross rear end green Dragonite.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Louisgod posted:

I like how Niantic has gone with a staggered release of Gen3 as releasing all of Gen2 at once lead to huge dry spells of content.

At this point I feel all they need to do is improve water spawns. Lotad and Feebas are crazy rare, even next to rivers/creeks or when it's raining. They're the only sets of evolutions I'm missing.

Yeah, it’s much better than releasing all at once.

It is insane how rare Feebas and Lotad are, though. Especially Feebas because to evolve it you need to walk it, so I’ve been trying to get a good one before I start that and it just isn’t happening.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Edit - Oh titans. The Regis. Gotcha.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

I love how the requirement for this wave was apparently “look at a gym, once” and I still didn’t get my first EX pass lmao

Oh well 🤷🏻‍♂️

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Hey everyone, remember that girl I was talking about that got her level 40 account banned and then claimed it was an inside job by an employee at Niantic and that she was talking to Dick Wolf about writing her story? She now has a petition to reinstate her account, please help out this absolutely-not-attention-seeking person.

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/160/598/900/

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Psion posted:

so you provide a link which gives them attention! I see through your tricks, you're the one who got banned!

really though at this point couldn't they have registered a new account and gotten it to 40? how long has this been going on?

Dr Tran posted:

Between then and now, she could have a new account that would have hit double 40.

She did. But she wants the original account back.
This happened like 9 months ago.

Someone on the petition provided the "full story," which is almost entirely copy-pasted from a post she made on her own account

quote:

I met Jackie while playing Pokemon Go with my friend Deirdre back in June of last year. She was in her car with friends and she recognized Deirdre and asked us to get in the car and join them. From that moment on, we have been close friends. She invited me to a party 4th of July weekend, and that's when this all started. I witnessed first hand what happened at that party, when a psychotic moron called her phone, making threats to her, her family and her friends. The police were called and this moron legit threatened a cop who pretended to be someone at the party, then the cop informed him he was a police officer and the idiot didn't believe him and threatened the cop. The cops went to his house and arrested him. He attempted to flee in his car and they blocked any path he had to get away, knowing he might try to run. The police returned to get statements and told us he tried to run. This person seemed like a normal person who just wanted to make friends playing Pokemon Go, but really, he was looking to ruin peoples lives and was jealous that she was so passionate and had so many friends. The police gave Jackie a temporary order of protection and this guy was ordered to not contact her. Since he couldn't contact her, he tried to ruin her life in other ways, by contacting and threatening her friends, made a hit list on Facebook with her name on it, saying he would give people money to have her killed (and the cops did nothing because there was no proof it was him that typed it or that it was his actual Facebook account and they wouldn't look into it), contacted her job (we think, most likely, because who else would do such a thing?)and got her temporarily suspended because he made up a lies about her, contacted her mothers job trying to get her fired, contacted the SPCA to try to have her dogs taken away, and when Jackie showed the order of protection to the SPCA officer, he confirmed it was this person that called, also making up lies, then filed not one, but two small claims lawsuits, just so force her to go to court to see her, and not break any laws. This person was infatuated by her. This person literally claimed she borrowed $10,000 from him (which she didn't) and he had no proof, and he lost the case. All he brought to court was a copy of a fake Facebook profile (that he made of her) and a conversation between himself and himself, literally, pretending to be her, and talking to himself on another computer logged in as his account, to make it look like she admitted to borrowing the $10,000 that was never borrowed, to try to get money from her, for god knows what reason. Of course he lost and he was ordered to stay in court while she left so he wouldn't follow her out. On top of all of this, after the arrest, Jackie's account was banned, after reports directly from Niantic, that her account had been reported for abuse and being rude to other players, and that she had broken the code of conduct and had cheated. There was no evidence of this and she sent several emails, only to get auto responses, except for one response, saying her account would remain terminated after she appealed the ban. She then found out her email was spoofed and someone had threatened Niantic through her email address, making it look like she sent the email. I have a friend who works for a tech company that looked into the emails to confirm the email was spoofed. On top of that, it was found out that this psycho messaged someone that Jackie knows an email between him and someone at Niantic, bribing this company rep to get accounts banned, and the company rep banned the accounts and said "you owe me." We think this guy took every step necessary to ruin Jackie's life and make it look like she is a bad person, and after all of his attempts, he filed another small claims lawsuit that she damaged his car, once again, no evidence. She showed up to court again that day, this time he did not. The case was dismissed, as expected, because the Plaintiff didn't show up, and there would have been no evidence anyway. During the winter, a permanent order of protection was ordered and this person is being sentenced next year and could get jail time or at least a hefty fine and possibly probation. Jackie has been one of the best friends I have ever had, and has always been there for me as much as I've been there for her through all of this the past months. She is well known on social media, through Facebook, YouNow, Instagram, etc., She streams every day, has thousands of followers. She is committed to her lifestyle and put so many hours into the game. Some may say it's just a game, for her, it's a hobby and a lifestyle. She loves trying to be one of the best and keeps up with the game, plays during all the events, and goes to raids. However, there are certain things she feels she can't do in this game anymore, like drop lures on pokestops and put her character in a gym because she doesn't feel safe with her gamer name being put out there for anyone to see, because of this psycho. It was also discovered this guy had a team of people looking out for where Jackie was playing by looking for her name on lures and in gym's, this guy was so obsessed with wanting to know if she still played and wants to know her second account username so he could get that banned too. She has done nothing wrong. She is a leader, has so many friends that play with her and group up during events, and talks about the game in several group chats. She is one of the strongest people I know and didn't let all of this stop her from every day life or what she loves doing. It's been a struggle for her to get through all of this, but she got through it. Please sign this petition, don't let this Pyscho get away with what he did. As long as Niantic has her account banned, he has won. Ultimately Jackie won because she has the order of protection, but her account being banned with no investigation is not ok. She even sent a certified letter to the company headquarters and it was sent back as refused, so obviously something is up, because it wasn't even opened. Maybe this Petition will get their attention.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Dr Tran posted:

Are your local trackers dead?

Nope, they’re better than ever.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Julio Cruz posted:

The only thing worse than ridiculous PoGo drama walls-of-text is ridiculous PoGo drama walls-of-text about someone that 99.9% of us don't know, will never meet, and don't give a single poo poo about.

-shrug-
Sorry I think making fun of someone sending letters to the Niantic CEO and saying that Dick Wolf is writing a story about her because her Pokémon Go account got banned is funny and wanted to share.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

I always find it funny when people talk about team color disparity because where I play Instinct has the most level 40s and most hardcore players by far, every raid is 80% Instinct players carrying the other players.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

https://twitter.com/pokemongoapp/status/978684210180493312?s=21

Yesssssssssssssssssss

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Ampharos also has a mega evolution, if they figure out some way to do that in the future.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

seiferguy posted:

Double post, but I'm kind of in a moral dilemma. There's a woman in my raid group that runs 4 high level accounts that all have really powerful poo poo in them. I normally don't give a poo poo about multi-accounting except she drops 4 powerful stuff in gyms and will keep watch basically 24/7 on them and remote golden razz them anytime they're under attack. Whatever. What crossed the line is that we all agreed to do a raid at a spot, and all of us were valor and wanted a better chance to catch, and she wasn't going to the raid but kept trolling us from afar, and she basically won't hit her berry cooldown since she can just switch to the other accounts.

Would you report her? If it was for pubbie tears I'd do it, but she's kind of in the raid group (though she never comes out of her car when she does come to raids, so...)

No. If they want to waste time/money getting their accounts to the point where they can do that just let them. Who cares. It’s a game.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

If they don't fix it, a level 28 0 IV Tyranitar out-dpses a level 40 100% Golem

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

https://pokemongolive.com/post/adventureweek2018

quote:

There are also incentives to trek around: your Buddy Pokémon will earn Candy 4× faster throughout the event! Plus, you’ll receive extra XP for spinning the Photo Discs at PokéStops or Gyms—up to 10 times the usual amount if this is your first time encountering a unique PokéStop or Gym!

Uuuuhh.... so you're telling me that if I pop a lucky egg I get 10k EXP per new stop I swipe?

edit- It's probably 10x instead of 5x now that I think about it because that would be absurd. So 2k per stop which is the same as double XP.

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 16:36 on May 24, 2018

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

seiferguy posted:

Isn't a pokestop 25xp? 10x is 250xp and a lucky egg makes it 500xp.
I hosed up a bit, but this is also wrong. Regular pokestops are 50xp, new pokestops are 250xp. So it will most likely be 500 per new stop or 1000 with lucky egg. I thought new stops were 500, but that's how much it is with a lucky egg.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

BrainMeats posted:

The first visit to a new pokestop gets 250xp, so 2500 with the event and 5k if you've got a lucky egg running.

e. unless they mean 10 times from the regular spin of 25, not 10 time the bonus... I don't know :psyduck:

Yeah, I'm assuming it's going to be 10x INSTEAD of 5x, not 10x what it already is, because even at 5k per new stop that's pretty absurd.

It's worded badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Duckman2008 posted:

Got my first Mewtwo today (hooray!)!

He has confusion and Focus Blast. Keep or change?

I also got my first Mewtwo today! He was loving trash though, so he's not getting powered up.

• Locked thread