Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mehall
Aug 27, 2010

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

It is great when you get a Frosty Sandshrew from the skifields of Canada. Especially as they are canonically used as hockey pucks.

I was not paying attention and cashed my Field Research 7 day reward an hour early and got Snorlax instead of Raikou... Oh well. I will just have to get 2 or 3 Raikou instead of 3 or 4. Good thing he was my least favourite of the legendary cats.

Yeah, I did the same thing, but I've only recently started playing again, so getting an extra Snorlax isn't awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

To get the EX raid pass, do I need to have won a raid at the gym in question, or do I just need to have tried?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

DizzyBum posted:

You need to win the raid. You don't have to catch the Pokemon, though.

You can do any level of raid to get credit for a win.

Cool.

There's only 3 ex possible city center gyms for me, 1 of which isn't really city center at all, all because the cities parks are way out to the sides.

So I need to hope that I'm near one of the 2 okay gyms to get to when they have raids open for me to get the chance to beat them to then get the opportunity to come back to them at a specific time slot on another day.

In a city of nearly 600k.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

DizzyBum posted:

When in doubt, find the local discord!

It was only with thanks to the local discord I found out about those 3 gyms!

around 2 sq miles, with all 3 of the ex gyms in the top of the north east.

Thankfully I work out in the west for now, so my task is to try and get something done before I change jobs in a fortnight, but honestly, why do you need to make the passes themselves exclusive?
Setting a specific time and place already limits the attendance.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Psychobabble! posted:

IOs has poke genie which is also a safe iv checker.

You can pre-walk a few of them to 10k before the event, they just have to be your buddy and the right time of day/night to evolve, apparently(per silph road and they tend to be accurate about such things)

Does it matter what time of day you walk them at, or just when you hit the evolve button?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

FartingBedpost posted:

Hi, I’m probably not gonna post on here much, but I added myself on the sheet and will send people gifts from weird artsy places around Albuquerque and Santa Fe if you’re interested!

I’ll also slowly add you guys as friends if that’s what’s preferred, I’m just slow and casual with this game.

I'll try and keep my Glaswegian gifts interesting.
Do you like Doctor Who? I have access to at least 2 TARDIS stops.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

FartingBedpost posted:

I haven’t watched much of it, but it would crack up my girlfriend!

Good enough. There's a red one (re-painted years ago to match the modern at the time BT phone box colours) and one that at the time of the picture was painted Green, so has been cleverly named "A Link In Time"

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Just try to catch all the trash pokemon you come across (Pidgey, rattata, zigzagoon etc) and hope for the best. If one of them is particularly hard to catch despite the circle color then there's a good chance it's a Ditto

Specifically, I've caught 3 ditto's in the last two weeks, and heard of another 3 in the general city area I am in, in the same period, and all 6 were hiding as Hoot Hoot.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

I got an ex raid pass!

It's on a random fuckin monday afternoon, between 1pm and 1.45pm, so I guess I need to take my lunch at 12.45 and hope I get there for 1 on the dot so people don't start, whilst making sure I have enough time to get back to work. All while not getting a chance to eat.

Why, Niantic, isn't it at the weekend, or at the least on the loving bank holiday that's on this Monday, why is it on the 3rd?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Did my ex raid today, and am now the proud owner of a Mewtwo.

Not amazing IVs, but I wanted it more for the dex than anything else.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Robokomodo posted:

New slang? What does it mean?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eating_your_own_dog_food

It means using your own product internally

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

how many raids have you generally found you need to pull off at a gym to grab an EX invite?

I have raided once at an ex gym, and got a pass a bit later.
Attended that raid, and caught Mewtwo with the 2nd ball.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Got my first hundred! (That I'm aware of, God knows how many I might have mulched previously, but I knew about IV checking pretty early)

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Just hatched 5 eggs at lunch.

3 alolan meowths, an alolan vulpix, and a farfetch'd, so one in 5 and one of the regionals I needed as I have nothing but my local Mr. mime

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

I now have hatched a kangaskhan, a tauros, and two farfetch'd, on top of already being in Mr. Mike region, so I'm pretty much just legendary birds and cubone away from 151.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Just caught a new one, still turning to Ditto on catch.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

FistEnergy posted:

Android IV apps use screen overlays and don't interact with PoGo in any way so you're good

Speaking of, Calcy isn't working on my razer phone anymore. Any ideas? The arc is a little ways off, less than a cm.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

FistEnergy posted:

:suicide:

Check your Calcy settings. I bet you leveled up and didn't update your level in there.

It's not level.

I think maybe my screen resolution or refresh rate got changed, but I've tried all the various settings and can't get it working again.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Catch.

Every.

Mon.

Or at least click on to them.

I misclicked on an Atom when I was trying to get something else this morning, and it turned out to be a shiny.

Then, walking to the bus station, I saw a Luvdisc. No real point in catching one, even if it's 100 IV it's not exactly useful, but I thought "there's nothing else to catch just now" and when I clicked into it, it was a shiny too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Not AR+, I don't think, but since the update the game is forcing capture into the camera mode, even though camera is not allowed, so it's a plain white background.
I've reinstalled, and it's still the same. Any ideas?

Edit: enabled camera permissions, restarted app, it asked if I wanted AR+, and then I was able to click the slider to turn all AR off, and we're back to normal.

mehall fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Oct 16, 2018

• Locked thread