Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Out walking my dog and saw about 50 people at MY gym.

The gym I have like 70 days defending, over a thousand berries, and 30+ raids completed.

I figured that was my only shot of getting an ex invite but LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Lmaoooooo.. I had to walk my mareep over 500km to evolve it and it was like 30cp

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

OGS-Remix posted:

Whenever I load up Pokemon Go after the load screen I just see a giant character and no map or anything to interact with. Do I just need to reinstall the whole drat thing? I'm on a Pixel XL so Android phone to boot.

Uninstall, reinstall. It's happened to me like 4 times since being on Android 8

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Anyone else having an issue with the friend level not updating? I'm 6 days from the next level with my wife while she is only 4 from said level with me.. yes, after many app reloads

We've traded gifts every day, and done raids + gym battles together every day since it came out. Yet she's sliding to the bottom of my friend list :shrug:

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
So my app is not displaying capture location for any pokemon anymore :confused: it just says the caught date

Noticed it while trying to trade all the mons I caught during my business trip last week, for the sweet 1mil km trade badge (lol that's ridiculous). When confirming the trade, on my screen neither poke has a location, on my wife's both do.
What gently caress.

Also niantics work around for friend progress is "do more friend stuff". We completed two raids, a full gym sweep and 20 trades today with no progress made... gently caress off lol

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

Fly with me posted:

You can only do one thing per day per friend to increase your friendship level.
So if you send each other gifts, only one gift will increase your friendship level.

Yeah that was all in an effort to get it to trigger for the day. I haven't been able to progress this particular friendship in the last 3 days :shrug:

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
So did I get pretty lucky with the regional hatches? Got mime and Kang in my first 12 eggs. I saw some noise on my Google feed about the hatch rates being super low.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
So I finally got a go-tcha. It's not auto catching despite the companion app stating it is turned on. What gives?

On Android 9

Edit: actually it appears to be resetting to off every time I close the app. Help sections say you can turn on auto capture by long pressing the button but I've had no luck with that.
How long am I supposed to hold it for? When? (Connected to app, connected to Go, both closed?

Halp

Math You fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Oct 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

Chairman Mao posted:

Tap until you have auto-catch selected, then press and hold until the x turns into a check mark.

Jesus Christ that's actually ridiculously simple. Who ever is writing their faq should be shot

Thanks!

• Locked thread