Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

shyduck posted:

Anybody know what a minimal Absol raid size is?

Did it with 2, lv 40/lv 38. Forget if we had the weather fighting buff, but was easier than a ttar we did earlier with the weather buff for sure. Had a good 30 seconds on it vs down to the wire for ttar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

shyduck posted:

gently caress Groudon

This. I've had a 100% and a 98% run on me, RNG sucks. Decent catch rate too, just not lucky. Suicune the useless legendary I caught practically everyone

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
I switch between a s6 edge and an iPhone, Everytime I do on the iPhone I have to go to Bluetooth settings and forget the go-tcha, then sync it again and it'll work, maybe try that?

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

uh I thought great/excellent was from landing closer and closer to the right spot on the guy, and the circle was something else entirely that also boosts your chance

https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/guct-berry-throw-bonus-multipliers

Idk how to post the table but "throw bonus" is what you want to see. A great ball will give you a 1.7 - 1.9 multiplier, closer to the middle the higher bonus

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I only tried one because it's very cold outside, but I caught it. I went for great instead of excellent so I didn't really have any trouble with the distance but it would conveniently slide off to the side as soon as I released the ball so I completely missed 4 throws.

The left to right can be reset with toggling the AR, Kyogre will be back to center

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
I got my go-tcha at a GameStop and it's worked fine. I only wish they had a battery indicator.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
At some point it's just...not learning right? Someone has to have linked the video on how to lock the circle. I think I'm 35/50 on the stupid whale, best is only a 91% though. I'll help people throw, mostly the multi-accounters, but it takes a throw or 2 to get used to different screens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qdjCk-cT08

e: VVV XP plus a useful legendary. I like hanging out with the PoGo players around here, but the group gets smaller and smaller each time. Lack of interest and spoofers mostly. I finally hit lv 40, and my playtime has gone way down.

GTJustin fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Feb 3, 2018

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

So there was a snafu at a Mewtwo raid today. Was held at a Sprint at the local mall. But see, there are two Sprints there at opposite ends of the mall, and one set of elevators and escalators are down and have been for a month.

Discord chat set up, and 2-3 people chimed in that they'd be about 10 minutes off, and to please wait. Standard protocol is to set a start time, but somehow that failed to happen, and the group from Discord already there decided to jump in with about 5 other people who had shown up. End result was the 3 people got to the wrong Sprint, ran to the right Sprint, texting the entire time, and arrived to the right gym right as they were trying to catch him.

Needless to say a lot of people are pissed off at the idiots who ignored basic texts. The Discord head dude said he'd kick out the people who went ahead and did the raid and ignored the texts if this happened again.

Any news on a V Day event? I am hoping for double candy, I got like 40 sloths to turn in.

Sounds like the late comers were spoofers if they went to the wrong Sprint store?

The local admin spoofer here got an ex pass at his neighborhood gym. Told ppl to show up at 2:30, tagged a spoofer at 2:38 he's running late. 2:40 ppl lobby up and he gets left out.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Chairman Mao posted:

Do medals from secondary types contribute to the catch rate increase? I'm sure most people have their flying type medal.

quote:

Type Medal Bonus
The Medal bonus is finally verified and transparent. The increase is flat, you don’t have to do anything to activate it, it’s always activated when catching a Pokemon. It’s not efficient like using a Berry or switching to a Curved Ultra Ball, but it is passive, like a passive buff.

For dual types, the bonus is an average of the two medals.

https://pokemongohub.net/capture-bonus-chart-for-pokemon-go/

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Entropist posted:

There is actually a way to knock out a Blissey immediately with two or three players: in the second fight, stop fighting when the Blissey is about three quarters down. Then have the other person go in, they should end up in a separate instance of the fight if the previous one was almost done. Then have both people win their battle at around the same time, and there is no time to berry up between the warning and the knockout.

I tried for the first time with a couple other team members to do this during the first community event and it wasn't working for us. I had heard about it, and another had too, but couldn't get the timing down. Has it worked for you recently?

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Entropist posted:

That's not exactly hard when they hand them out at multiple gyms per park.

Apparently some people even got two passes for the same gym at the same time, one last round and one this round, so clearly it's just Niantic loving up again.

That's running multiple accounts though right? I didn't think it's possible to get more than 1 pass per wave.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
I'm sorry, I'll never try to find reason or defend Niantic again.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Dr. Abysmal posted:

They made a bunch of Murkrow spawn too, which is actually a good joke

Shiny Murkrow is in the game

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Dr Tran posted:

A friend of mine set her lineup to all Murkrow and survived her Mewtwo raid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWxRs-sAtu4

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
How many of your communities include spoofers in your discord/chats/messenger groups? Had some drama, which led to the big discord to ban spoofing, but now there's a discord for spoofers, 2 for non-spoofers, and another one for "grounders" who want spoofer help. There's maybe 200 players and it seems crazy to me how divided this gets.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

seiferguy posted:

Someone at my Mewtwo raid drove from Yakima to Seattle to be there. That's over a two-hour drive without traffic, and one of the major highways in Seattle was closed for construction all weekend. Talk about dedication to the game.

When I got my first pass, someone drove from Gadsenboro, AL to Charleston, SC, a good 6 hours to come. He already had multiple Mewtwos and still made it out. He was visiting the week before and did an Aggron raid when it first came out. Luckily it was later in the afternoon, a massive event around town had all the hotels booked up. He even offered to help catch Mewtwo for people which was nice, and yeah he showed up before hatch.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Are you able to turn off iPhone location settings? With Android I can head to the park, walk around and catch everything, then as I'm heading home I'll turn off locations once my trainer is at the sweet spot of 2 gyms and 2 stops. As I'm driving home or to work, I get up to an hour's worth of go-tcha spins.

With this fighting event it's been nuts, started at 1200/1500 and had to start deleting revives and potions at the half hour mark.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Here's another fun fact about despawns that I've heard and assume is true. If a Pokemon is scheduled to be despawned and you've already entered into an encounter with it, you're still too late. It's guaranteed to flee. It's why it's not an exploit that you can leave an encounter open for seemingly forever - they'll look like they're still with you but when they flee after you throw, it wasn't bad luck, it was certain failure. It's also why Pokemon that are supposed to be easy catches sometimes flee from good throws against all odds - sometimes that timer just happened to run out while you're in the encounter.

Unless it changed after this current spoofer ban wave, you could grab a pokemon and stare at it till your cooldown ended and catch it. Spoofers were able to catch a pokemon at 8:00 AM, get coordinates to another pokemon immediately, sit on the encounter screen and 2 hours later (or however long their "cooldown" was) were able to catch it.

The only issues I've had in the past was with IV scanners and encountering pokemon at the hour change, if there was a weather change the IV/CP could change.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

DizzyBum posted:

Oh, I meant to post a more thorough write-up of how my Go-tcha has been faring, so here it is:

I'm running Android 8.1 on a Nexus 5X. Latest security patches. I've been getting a 100% success rate with connecting the Go-tcha when I perform the following steps:
  • Ensure Bluetooth is disabled.
  • Reboot the phone.
  • Start Pokemon Go.
  • Enable Bluetooth.
  • Touch the Go Plus icon and wait until "Device not found" is displayed.
  • Touch the Go Plus icon again, then press the Go-tcha button. It should connect successfully.

I realized that Life360 (a location sharing app for families) was running processes in the background at time while I was trying to connect the Go-tcha, and it was pretty aggressive with CPU and service usage. When I removed location permissions for that app, it got rid of all the problems I've been having connecting the Go-tcha.

Go-tcha performance:
  • Just like the Go Plus, you can lock your phone screen while using the Go-tcha. This is the best feature. It will still track egg distance, too!
  • The vibration feature is contextual, so you can tell whether a Pokemon is caught or runs away, and how many items you're getting from stops (1-10), without taking your eyes off the road.
  • Pokestop auto-spin success rate is determined by how long you linger in the stop's range. I've found that you need to be in range of a stop for around 3-5 seconds before it will spin it. This means you will miss most stops while driving at high speeds.
  • Pokemon catching takes priority over spinning pokestops. If you want the game to focus on stops, turn off Nearby Pokemon notifications in the Settings > Go Plus menu.
  • The game is still able to find and catch pokemon while driving over the game's speed limit, but the flee rate seems to be quite high. Not sure if this is me being unlucky or if it's deliberately coded like that, though.

I just installed Go Companion off the Play store after being fed up with getting my Go-Tcha to connect. I chalked it up to low battery, but today I had a full charge and it was still a hassle when I was trying to get 2x gym spins in before the event was over. I haven't tried with bluetooth off before PoGo though, but any combination of restarting PoGo/phone/flipping bluetooth on/off/airplane mode I exhausted.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Mustached Demon posted:

Name them after various wrestlers.

John Cena and Goro for my hundos so far.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Robokomodo posted:

Not too many Pokémon to be excited about for community day now. Niantic May have pulled the trigger too fast on this one.

Ralts/Bagon/Beldum for many I'm sure, but yeah it seemed too good to be true if the "pattern" continued of starter/10k rare pokemon. Going to have to have CalcyIV up and running the whole time while catching.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
You could go back and add a bunch of goons to get up to 20 daily gifts which can drop 7 km alolan eggs, balls and potions. You don't necessarily need to return the favor if there's no stops nearby.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Kharmakazy posted:

IDK, I just found out about it 2 days ago. (You might have to go to the gym to berry them and then exit out for them to show up on the radar... I'm honestly not sure now)

It's this. Clicking on a defended gym with a raid/egg will show the hatch time or raid boss in the radar. It's still tedious, but at least now you don't have to type "defender" and click through each Pokemon. Just do it in the badges

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
I'm guilty of doing this. I don't always run star pieces like some of the whales I know. I saved up a bunch for a stardust event like this weekend, but now there's a game crashing bug with the latest update if you run from a berry'd Mon so lol

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
I'm a go-tcha believer, regularly deleting great balls. I moved from South Carolina where most ppl had one account and maybe a go plus. Now in Cali I regularly see Asian auntie's and uncle's walk to a raid with a cardboard box with 2-5 phones, some with a go-tcha strapped to each phone. 🤨

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Most efficient for a star piece would be lining up your 7 day catch in a row, as many egg hatches, field task reward, raids and gift opening as you can on a community day or Moltres day

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Make sure the go-tcha has everything checked including Pokemon and stops. Just tap the button and cycle through everything.

My favorite go-tcha thing to do is to go to the nearby 2 stop plus gym and turn off locations on my Android phone. Go home and it'll usually spin for another hour 90% of the time for more items. Haven't figured out how to do this on an iPhone yet.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Works best when you're stationary. I've tried doing drive bys but it's not as reliable, even though the player radius covers the stops. Do a fresh pair on your go-tcha/plus for a fresh hour, let it spin the 2-3+ stops and then turn off locations, let Pogo run in background. You can check the journal and see if it's getting spins afterwards, delete items, send gifts. Remote feeding/Google maps/Waze won't work.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Android - CalcyIV
iOS - pokegenie

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
For the evolve 10 water Pokemon, you can always stack them if candy is an issue. I msg'd my discord group yesterday about it after I found one and looked up what the reward was. Couple ppl posted 3 other locations so I'll head over today to collect them, evolve 10 and get 3 at once.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

Dragonite isn't top tier anymore? Why not?

Cause big daddy Rayquaza, plus dragon claw latios if you don't have legacy Dragonite for gyms

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

omnibobb posted:

What a garbage person. I'm getting my son set up for shiny hunting the the DS games and he's super excited to compete with me to see who gets more. gently caress that attitude that children work for you. Man that pisses me off.

What does this mean in the regular games to shiny hunt? I saw a stream of a guy restarting the game and looking for a shiny starter Pokemon? I think.

I keep telling myself to just pick up a switch or DS and put down this bad game every time I load up another iTunes gift card

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Themata posted:

Is there a way to see the stats shown for your friends (battles fought, pokemon caught, etc.) for yourself without having to look from a friend's phone? It seems like it should be obvious but I can't find anything, and the stats section in my profile only show total XP and date of account creation.

You can see gym battles, catches and distance from the friends list.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
I've had the go-tcha pop off when I wear long sleeves or I'm reaching into my pocket and it gets stuck. Found it by my car luckily, but was all scratched up. Not sure what I did but the animations stopped showing a few months later, even after messing with the go-tcha app. I want to say it's even more battery efficient, but after all the times I've left it charging overnight I know that's not true.

Don't worry, I bought a second go-tcha for my gf, and have a go plus as a backup in my car. This drat game, easily the most expensive I've played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
My biggest gripe is not being able to filter by recently added. Scrolling all the way down, without crashing the friends list is time consuming to set up your new friends with nicknames.

• Locked thread