Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Entropist posted:

In my city people use Whatsapp groups instead of Discord... and those are linked to phone numbers!

:chloe:

This seems bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Space Butler posted:

What is the distance limit anyway?

100m

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

DizzyBum posted:

Something I read on /r/thesilphroad and confirmed while doing my morning Pokestop crawl:

You can only have 5 gifts in your bag at once. If you're at 5, send some out before spinning more stops.

I still think you should be able to transfer eggs, and it gives you candy of whatever was inside. Or the Professor hatches them himself (let's say it takes 1 day per 1 km), and then he sends you a couple candies from whatever was inside. Hire me Niantic.

You know they'd make you buy some bs or just straight use gold or dust.

Hire me instead :unsmigghh:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm hoping that in 10 minutes they start work and lower the level because I'm not going to get 150k xp today.

Piss

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

After I hit thirty this week I'm done trying to level quickly

I'd wait until the 7th but I have a tyranitar with 97.56% stats and I want to spend all my dust on it. :getin:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

seiferguy posted:

Getting to 30 really isn't that hard so :gitgud:

I can only git gud at one game. That slot is taken.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Woo, lower levels can trade

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Maker Of Shoes posted:

bich add meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fill my bag with your sword logic mmmm :9

You know the tithes, pay by death!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Added my poo poo to the sheet, you can have lots of Midwestern Meth Pokémon

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Holy poo poo sending 101 requests was hard.

I'm gonna gift y'all good

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Raptor1033 posted:

Anyone noticing the app grinding to a barely usable crawl since the update?

Nope

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

dwarf74 posted:

Please change thread title to Pokémon Go: Error (0)

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I didn't get to spin much today, but I'll get to you all!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

pod6isjerks posted:

I've been keeping those super incubators churning. Partly to chase those hatch IVs, and partly to keep my egg supply cleared out so I can level up those friendship levels for PokeGoon Fest 2019!!!!

Oh poo poo, pokegoon fest

Sounds good

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

LionArcher posted:

Waited till today to launch research. Caught a 100% snorlax:smuggo:

I waited, but I'm happy it's in the 80s I guess at the very least.

My shiny aron with 50ish stats was the one that broke me

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Gonna hop on the train, add my GF and stuff. We play daily so Yay gifting and poo poo

8435 1654 5708

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

As much as I want to do the big city pokemon thing, I think I prefer living in the sticks and driving somewhere with the GF to go hike or walk and just spin then.

There's a group in the next town we can join for legend raids at least

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Did my first legendary raid today, couldn't catch the goddamn regice though. Half of the 14 loving BALLS were batted away by a giant jumping fuckwad ice golem that wouldn't sit still.

Yes, I was upset

Game fun, I felt feelings

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Next time I go south I try to get more Child Play Ground gifts.

I laughed at least

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Liquid Communism posted:

I have two for just that purpose.

Haven't taken a gym in days, though, because some yellow rear end in a top hat here loads every gym up with 2.5k Blisseys that I don't have an answer for yet.

Mine's throwing a fun bug right now where any time I open a reward that has a pokemon encounter, it stops responding to input entirely. Have to crash and restart, then it works fine.

A lot of people here are having issues with the app freezing randomly, requiring a restart of pogo. It hosed our raid yesterday too.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I fight gyms for xp because why not. I like to put my 10cp feebas in there afterwards

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Gonna be a good time getting more awesome legendary mons!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I Hotspot for when I bring an extra device or my daughter is playing. Since I work shifts I'd happily log someone else in that couldn't make it.

The game is still not as accessible as it should be for people with normal jobs and bills to pay considering the timing of many things. There's many in the Discord here that log others in for events and such. It's nice, but not everyone is going to have access to that or be comfortable doing it.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Ballz posted:

Uh, did the gift opening limit get severely cut back? Because i swear I only opened like, 5 gifts today and it’s saying I reached my daily limit.

I opened the full 20, no idea unless your clock was off

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Prop Wash posted:

Weird how many people are doing the 5-head at this industrial music festival :v:

What

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Ah, thanks, that makes way more sense now. I am the dumb

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

dogsupremacy posted:

is there anyway to import the spreadsheet or do i need to type all 1000 goon numbers into my phone, i have 100 gifts built up im trying to unload yall

If you're on a newer Android phone you can do split screen and just copy paste the codes. But yes, it's all manual.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Eox posted:

Oh poo poo I cashed in my 7th research stamp today and got a 100% Raikou! He's at around 1500cp so it'll take a lot of rare candy but I'm happy with my first hundo.

Grats!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

slave to my cravings posted:

Anyone feel like the rate of lucky Pokémon has gone down? Wife and I’ve traded some of our old 2016 stuff the past few days and have gotten squat. First few days of lucky trading it almost seemed guaranteed lucky if one party traded a 2016 Pokemon.

I've seen 0 luckies, no matter the age. Rng gonna rng

E: and just like that I got a lucky trade to my alt with two mons not even in inventory now than a couple months.

PathAsc fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 3, 2018

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Prop Wash posted:

The squirtles on community day had a shiny status tied to the particular pokestop - if a Squirtle mission yielded a shiny for you, then it was a shiny for everyone. Does anyone know if Houndour missions have a similar mechanic?

The reward from the houndour research task has a chance to be shiny, it's not global for anyone, just chance.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Re: lovely ex pass system

The gyms here that are supposed to be ex eligible or even used to be are not. The nearest ones that still work are 30 minutes away at best, if you live in the area. We've got quite a few players that play both ingress and pogo trying to get it fixed, but it's still a pain in the rear end. Eventually Niantic will get back to us, but until then lol.

Like I've said before, we've got a really good group that is always willing to help if you can't get yourself to an ex gym or make an ex raid, but the system is still poo poo for many reasons.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

FistEnergy posted:

I was super into Ingress for a couple years and this is obviously a very similar overlay. Trust me, it's not worth the time/effort/gas. Chillmode or Nomode.

Ingress is still the only way to get new gyms/stops. Lol

Sure pogo is fun, but goddamn is it still broken.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'd be happy if they at least unfucked the bugginess of the map cells and had parks properly identified.

poo poo, maybe make it a thing that rare pokemon spawn slightly more frequently in the middle of goddamn nowhere? Reward players for wandering the woods/fields/hills away from large metro areas.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Willsun posted:

What's your suggestion?

"I-I-I-I don't know! Just n-not this one!"

Hahahahaha jesus christ I mean honestly I'll stop poking at this dumb rock yelling that this game is SUCH poo poo because it's not looking for an answer and lashing out at everyone explaining its circumstance, but the game also works for the majority of people and they're not having to bend over backwards or use half their paycheck to make it tolerable. I guess the only salvageable answer I can see is "make everything soloable" and yeah maybe you can convince Niantic to ditch the whole community/friends/social thing if that's what you're after. Maybe there's a Pokemon game out there somewhere that doesn't require you to go into the real world and every Pokemon is available without needing to plan raids with other human beings. Someone should look into that.

I really wanted this in the beginning especially since their trailer/commercial shows people hiking and exploring trying to find big Pokemon. I do get the sentiment that they don't want to be blamed for luring irresponsible people traveling unsafely into the wilds, but it does kinda suck that rural people just has less spawnpoints of the same garbage as normal areas.

e:

THANK YOU, THIS

Yeah, my issue with spawn points is they're weighed around areas with lots of phone traffic and such. I get that, it's a good thing and encourages community building etc. The part where I can go way off grid hiking or whatever for hours on end and see 0 mons is just funny.

As far as ex passes, like I said, we're actively trying to get our local gyms/parks/sponsored stops fixed to be eligible. Hell, we've gotten groups together and counted amount of unique raiders during the eligibility times and that's how all of this came to light. I don't think anyone here wants mewtwo handouts, there's just so much jank to the system that it's just stupid.

I'll put it this way even, we have a dedicated group in Discord that plays Ingress (myself included) just to add real locations and remove incorrect ones. It would be nice to be able to do that from within pogo.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Slightly Absurd posted:

When I first started playing, I lived in a more rural area and I wished this were the case. It was pretty annoying how basically the only pokemon I saw for months were garbage like pidgeys and rattatas.

It seems like a good mechanic might be to take in to account how many pokestops are within like, ten miles, and the fewer there are, the more likely you'd be to see rarer pokemon. Because, yeah, this ultimately is a game about catching wild animals, and it'd make sense that you'd find more wild animals outside of cities. But I'm sure city players are Niantic's real bread and butter, so they'd have no real reason to change the mechanics like that

I totally understand they have to make money, and flooding metro areas with pokemon makes perfect sense. What I'm getting at is that if I go out in the middle of nowhere my chances of seeing ANY mons are weighed heavily towards 0 the way their spawn mechanics work currently.

Also, as far as other features, I love that two years later one big thing is that we're dying for some kind of pvp but instead get PIKACHU IN A HAT. Of course, getting qol updates like a searchable friend list and how the app updates lists and caches the info would be way more good imo.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

also how are we supposed to know when the new Gen 4 Pokemon are gonna be unveiled/mechanics are gonna be fixed/the next event is gonna be? I guess we just wait and see because Niantic drag their feet on everything and are bad at communicating?

Your last sentence is pretty much that, yeah.

The next event is the eevee one and moltres raid day iirc

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hell, I thought you could only store one currently

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I have a full friend list, so I rage open the 20 I can and send every gift I spin up.

I know there's lots of goons with gifts in limbo in my list, I'm getting to you!

I just can't always get out to the places I want, so the sprint store right next to physical therapy is fueling gifts as much as I can. ENJOY YOUR SHINY DEALS GIFT

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Beastyfella posted:

Well, I just found out that one of the gyms nearby is at some kind of...art shop thing? There's like 15 people that work there and play Pogo. They've created a schedule of when each team is allowed to hold the gym to guarantee them coins during the week.

If an outsider of the wrong team knocks the gym down, the two other teams dogpile it immediately and turn it gray.

gently caress yeah.

I think I said it before in here, our Discord has a channel for asking others to knock your pokemon out of gyms. It's great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The three shinies I caught today were the lowest iv eevees I've ever caught period.

Highest was like 13%

Lol

• Locked thread