Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Pez posted:

Can anyone add my wife, she loves to get gifts from strangers! Thanks!

Added (PizzaMilady).

The day before Chikorita day, my girlfriend was having trouble with catching a Gastly, so I did it for her and it turned out to be a Ditto (which she needed for a quest) that was a wonder + best stats, so she was very happy about that (little did we know this wouldn't have really mattered soon).

Then on Chikorita day, we went for some Mewtwo raids to try to get her one. I had gotten one the day before and caught it on my first try, and thought, oh, this is like Entei, easy to catch. Did a second raid right after and realized how wrong I was. :mad: I did two and caught a second one, she did three and caught zero. I traded her mine and we were barely able to since we'd just become ultra friends, but fortunately, it was both lucky and got a bump up from second best to best stats. :) I also used a Charged TM on it to give it Focus Blast from Flamethrower to help us take down all those Fighting weak Pokemon in the gyms. Then we got back home to charge our phones just enough before the event.

The event itself went pretty well. I got 7 shinies, she got 3, and we evolved 2 shinies each and 1 regular. We charged our phones again then did gym battles at night and we're now set to get the 50 coin max for 9/23. So it ended up being a very good day for playing Pokemon Go, but I never thought I would spend nearly the entire day just doing that.

Right before the event, I also decided to attack a gym and put in a taunting Pokemon (50 CP Halloween Pikachu from when I played very briefly 2 years ago) since I'd already gotten my 50 coins for 9/22, expecting it to get knocked out quickly. Instead, I checked an hour later to see this:

:3: I liked thinking of it as the Chu family with their caretaker Blissey and pet Donphan residing peacefully in the gym, until this one Blissey jerk came and wrecked the whole family hours later. I noticed they only ever take over that gym, and any time I'd attacked it, they'd heal to full right away even with multiple attacks (on top of having stole claim to the gym when it was grey), so it seems like something weird is going on there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

I can name a Cubone 'Boner' but not the really ugly Persian version 'Perugly'? :mad:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
I'm sure it's been done before but

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Getting GPS in my office seems spotty. Is there a way to improve it in general on an Android? If I bring my phone in with the game already on, I'll be able to do everything for about an hour before it refuses to let me spin Pokestops (Try again later) for some reason, or freezes trying to enter a gym, but once it tries to find GPS signal again cause of closing out or switching apps, it fails... except once in a while, it does find a signal, and seems to latch onto it - until I close out again or it freezes. Is there a way to get it to be more consistent? I've already tried using a couple of GPS apps and have high accuracy on, but anything that might help would be appreciated.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Is there a way to see the stats shown for your friends (battles fought, pokemon caught, etc.) for yourself without having to look from a friend's phone? It seems like it should be obvious but I can't find anything, and the stats section in my profile only show total XP and date of account creation.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Thanks to the people who responded to my earlier post regarding seeing my own stats that I can see for friends. I don't get why they don't just let us see those stats from our stats section if they're going to show it normally to everyone else.

Also, I think this might be the worst Xatu I've ever seen:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
While some of you are out catching :rolleyes: shinies, I'm continuing to catch really powerful evolved Psychic Pokemon:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Got an Ex-Raid pass when I stepped out for my PoGo run today, and it's a Starbucks I raided the day before solo just to use up my daily pass and get rewards. It's at 1 PM on Monday, so I should be able to slip out for a bit to do it... hopefully others will be there.

Some content:

Six Kabutos, each with a six in their six CP, all six-cessfully caught.

Still catching powerful evolved Psychic Pokemon. This one unfortunately, did not have the worst possible IV tier.

What did the evolved Staryu who wanted to be Favorited in Pokemon Go say to its trainer?
"Starmie!"

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Also confirming a Ralts drought in NYC. It's been mostly Kabuto, Drowzee, Xatu, Abra, and Kabuto for me.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Edward Mass posted:

They're saving the Beldum for next week.

From yesterday afternoon:

#NotAllBeldums :smug:

Had this great gym fight last night

Once the clock turned midnight tonight, I synced 2 lucky eggs for hitting 2 Ultra Friends, plus evolving a buttload of Pokemon and finishing two rounds of both Special Researches.

320,880 exp in about 45 minutes, with 82 evolutions. I recall someone saying here that if you're fast, you could do about 80 with one lucky egg, but I definitely wasn't quick enough to get more than maybe about 50 by the time my egg was nearing it's time limit. I don't know if my phone being kind of slow also affects that.

Also, why do they have to change moves change when a Pokemon evolves? I hate that my Kadabra and Haunters went from having Ghost Charge moves to Poison and Psychic. :mad:

edit: Also can't wait for all these god awful Drowzees to go away tomorrow, and the Kabutos at... the end of the month I guess? I evolved 8 and 9 of them respectively, so yay for the exp, but I'm tired of seeing them. Also hope they nerf Blissey to oblivion soon. Did a gym fight where the jerk kept feeding a golden berry to his at least 6 times, despite it having already been defending for 10 hours. Good riddance to his berries, I was able to keep attacking cause I had an excess of revives and hyper/max potions. :mad:

Themata fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Oct 14, 2018

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
I played the entire day without realizing there was an update. :aaa: Also went out to the Deoxys raid at Starbucks and there were a ton of people crowded around there. Our team got it in like a minute and I successfully caught one for both my girlfriend and me (her's is a 91.1% or so, mine is worse).

Also, I guess now that I've grown sick of seeing Kabuto and Drowzee, it's time to get sick of seeing Yanma:

Maybe it's for the Gen IV release?

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Mr. Stepmom posted:

NYC outer boroughs have a meganest that overwhelms 1/3 or so of the spawns. Rotates every two weeks or so randomly. This is a unique feature to a few cities, each one with its own rotation.

Thanks, I didn't know this. Two weeks isn't as bad as what I thought it would be (a month).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Someone needs to take the gym down already. :( It is a generally safe place to hold for at least half a day, I guess because nobody likes that it's all the way on top of a hill, but this is the first I've seen this place hold for two days.

• Locked thread