Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Plusle, Minun, Zangoose and Seviper are speculated to be regionals.

Got some rare Gen 1 and 2 stuff spawning cause of the weather, boy this system would've been nice a year ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

In another 8 months.

Or later this month, who knows with niantic.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yeah they've definitely upped Gen 3 rates... since Gen 3 Pokemon are actually spawning now. Also good to get all the new Ice types since it's not gonna snow here for another year now.

Ziddar posted:

Shiny Glalie is much more striking to me. I considered waiting, but Froslass is too similar to hold out for.

You can't just have a shiny Glalie, you need a shiny Snorunt and Froslass too, otherwise it'll look INCOMPLETE.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

The last Chu outbreak was when I finally got my Silver medal, so I'm still a while away since this repeat is pretty rare, I've only found 2.

Hell, I've caught hundreds of Magikarp and Rattata and aren't even halfway to Silver for those two, so those medals are just impossible, as far as I'm concerned.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Spawns have become more interesting you say?

*sees 6 Hoothoot and 3 Pidgey on nearby*

Hmm. Partly Cloudy is the worst.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I got Blaziken, Marshtomp and Grovyle, so it's a huge improvement on how quickly I got previous starters (like getting Feraligatr solely through Raids and getting a Totodile last Nov). I don't mind if I just catch a single Pokemon in an evolution line, I can just walk it for candy later. So far I'm pretty happy with the amount of Gen 3 stuff that spawned during the event, though I'm still missing a good chunk of the second wave stuff, like Shroomish, Barboach, Lotad, etc.

Also I pretend all 3* and above Raid stuff are regionals I'll hopefully get when Raids stop being garbage to rural areas.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I don't get Lotad spawning when it rains.

Also where the heck is my Zangoose? As far as I'm concerned Niantic just turned off Seviper spawns and forgot to replace it with something.

Also where the heck is Mew?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I dunno why they only made it 3 hours instead of just the whole day. I was at work the whole time it was happening, least I didn't miss out on anything good.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

More Hoenn Pokemon are gonna start spawning later today.

Hopefully this is the last batch of Hoenn Pokemon coming out, otherwise we'll get whatever is still left on Valentine's, hopefully.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Willsun posted a list last page, there are 50 non-legendary Gen 3 Pokemon left, so yeah, we still won't be done after this. Makes sense, staggering 135 new Pokemon over the course of 2 or so months 4 times does breathe a lot of life back into the game and makes them all pretty obtainable at one point or another.

This will be harder to do for the 107 Sinnoh Pokemon, since if you remove the cross-gen evolutions (which will probably never spawn) and the legendaries (which you can't get if you're rural), that only leaves 63 Pokemon that you'll be able to actively hunt for and not just instantly get if you have the evolution item or whatnot.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

My only Lotad just popped up in front of me while it wasn't raining. Wasn't even near a river, so I was very confused. Still haven't found a Feebas or Carvanha and I'm getting Whiscash and Crawdaunt by walking them. I'll walk Wailmer when I've done everything but the 5k buddies, cause that will feel less tedious.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Oh that's right, where the gently caress are Shroomish? I've seen zilch.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I put in rare stuff so maybe someone gets a dex entry, it's the only way I've been able to see some Pokemon (regionals, Unown, fuckin Tangela).

And to contribute to a theme, those who break those are the WORST.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

No thanks, I'll just keep encountering Pidgey, Rattata, Hoothoot, Sentret and Zigzagoon forever since it's been Partly Cloudy all day.

Rock types? Never heard of them.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Had a Glalie spawn when I was walking home, but it didn't beat out the Lunatone that spawned later. Same place a Hitmontop spawned last week, I swear that area keeps giving rare stuff, it's where I got my first Pineco too.

Though of course it doesn't beat out a fuckin Dragonite just popping up. One time I found a wild Dragonair, but for the people that get all the rare fully evolved Pokemon that are ready to fight immediately: gently caress you and gently caress this game.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

kensei posted:

Where are you in the world that you found a Lunatone? I have heard they spawn at night but have yet to see one even on a tracker.

UK, while it was partly cloudy. Sure I get 75 million normal spawns, but occasionally a Rock type pops up. I do feel I get way too lucky with spawns considering my poo poo rural location, but I did have to walk 60 candy for both Dragonite and Tyranitar, so gently caress this game, basically.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Prop Wash posted:

0/0 on both, no Pokémon gods, no Pokémon masters

0/0 on all legendaries. Rural players represent :cool:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I'm at 14 Dragon types obtained. I think I might have to wait until, I dunno, Noibat, becomes common to actually make any headway, cause any other Dragon type will probably be rare as poo poo until the end of time.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Even though I got swamped with Plusle and Minun while it rained, I still got a lot of good poo poo, including my first Feebas, my third form of Castorm in Rain and a wild Lombre.

Where the gently caress is Wingull?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Parrotine posted:

Is there a Llama Pokemon out there? I wanna get one and name it Kuzko

The closest thing is Furfrou, Gen 6, so... no.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Edward Mass posted:

Poodles are not llamas.

Obviously, which is why I said closest thing, general body shape, shaggy fur, similar face, but there's nothing remotely like a llama in Pokemon yet.

Also I love that I've spent a good few weeks catching Baltoy to finally evolve it... and then a Claydol spawns outside my house.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I'm gonna laugh if I go the second Valentine's event without seeing a Chansey. At least last year had Porygon, which you need a lot of candy for!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

First Dratini I found was a weather boosted 96% shiny. So I'm pretty happy with the event, but the Dratini just vanishing when the hour rolled over was a bit annoying, still had like three on screen!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Larvitar would be nice, since, AS A RURAL PLAYER (should I shout that louder?), I don't have 25 perfect Tyranitar from raids. Bagon and Beldum would also be acceptable, as they have cool rear end shinies and I've never seen either of them, aside from Gyms.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yeah I don't get why Wingull and Shroomish are super rare, just let me catch some cool common Pokemon so the usual garbage becomes slightly more interesting for the moment.

Also lol at those maps on the official site listing areas by most team catches and the Dratini event being Mystic everywhere but Australia. Way to be subtle, Mystic spoofers.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Oh hey, it's been properly snowing for the past three hours, maybe I'll get the last Castform.

*Party Cloudy*

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Porygon-Z is still a good few months away, maybe Nov at the earliest, especially if they release the Pokemon in batches again. It'll probably be a good idea spending the summer getting the requisite candy for:

Magmar -> Magmortar (Magmarizer)
Electabuzz -> Electivire (Electrizer)
Eevee -> Leafeon/Glaceon (Might need cold or warm location)
Tangela -> Tangrowth (Might need Ancient Power)
Rhydon -> Rhyperior (Protector)
Lickitung -> Lickilicky (Might need Rollout)
Magneton -> Magnezone (Might need a magnetic location)
Togetic -> Togekiss (Shiny Stone)
Yanma -> Yanmega (Might need Ancient Power)
Gligar -> Gliscor (Razor Fang + Night)
Murkrow -> Honchkrow (Dusk Stone)
Misdreavus -> Mismagius (Dusk Stone)
Sneasel -> Weavile (Razor Claw + Night)
Aipom -> Ambipom (Might need Double Hit)
Piloswine -> Mamoswine (Might need Ancient Power)
Porygon2 -> Porygon-Z (Dubious Disc)
Kirlia -> Gallade (Male + Dawn Stone)
Roselia -> Roserade (Shiny Stone)
Nosepass -> Probopass (Might need a magnetic location)
Dusclops -> Dusknoir (Reaper Cloth)
Snorunt -> Froslass (Female + Dawn Stone)

Hopefully they don't introduce all these new evolution items to clog up the pool even more and hopefully they don't translate the location or move related evolutions. Since they usually wait until much later to put in Pokemon with different evolutions (like Shedinja and Clamperl at the moment), it's probably gonna be a long while before we see any of these Pokemon.

We'll also have Burmy, which changes its appearance depending on where it last battled (either Plant, Sandy or Trash), which determines what Wormadam it'll evolve into if female, which determines what type it'll be, otherwise it'll become Mothim if male. We also have female Combee evolving into Vespiquen, with male ones doing nothing. Cherrim, which has a different form if its sunny out, shouldn't be difficult to implement, Shellos and Gastrodon, which will probably be split into East and West like other regionals like Zangoose/Seviper are. Then there's Rotom, which has five different forms and typing depending on which machine it enters into. Those might be Raid Bosses? Also better hope you catch all the Regis, or Regigigas might become unavailable to you. There's also Manaphy, which is usually obtained as an Egg from the Ranger games, with Phione being its offspring if bred with a Ditto. I wonder how they'll implement that, or just ignore it like they've done Mew and Celebi. Still lots to think about for Gen 4, so it might still be a ways off.

And of course, we'll have new babies in Budew, Chingling, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Happiny, Munchlax, Riolu and Mantyke.

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Mar 8, 2018

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Wow. All that money on a super lovely game that squanders its potential at literally every single step.

I spent £8 on this game once cause I got super bored of getting endless 5ks I wouldn't get rid of for months and even that didn't feel worth it.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Second perfect legendary seen today. 13 golden razzed excellents and it booked.

I just need to spend more money, right

Actually if you spend more money on travelling to a less lovely area you'll be able to participate in more 5* raids and thus increase your chances. :homebrew:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Why the hell are they giving Lugia Sky Attack and not, y'know, Aeroblast?

Well whatever, since I'm rural I won't be getting one anyway. Gotta wait a few more months to see if they'll do something that aren't 5* raids.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Psychobabble! posted:

Sorry you don't have friends :shrug:

I don't have friends

that play this game.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

https://serebii.net/pokemongo/shiny.shtml

Keep that list in mind for what Pokemon you should always click on even if you don't need to catch them. At least as the list grows there will hopefully be more shinies to find overall. I'd expect the Bulbasaur line to be added to this list next week.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

That's basically shiny Pokemon in a nutshell. A lot of the older ones only had a limited GBC palette to work with, so I hope you like lime green!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I'm surprised they haven't updated them, since the Super and Hyper Potions are now 60 and 120 in the most recent games, which are much better and means you actually use Hyper Potions instead of Moomoo Milk and can use Max Potions when Hypers drop off.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I did get a weird amount of 10km eggs these past couple days, so I guess this event will be alright, considering the only Hoenns I have left are the rare poo poo that never shows up anyway, uh, cause it's rare. Funny that.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Might as well do something different, right? *catches billionth Pidgey*

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I got a Wynaut cause of the Legendary week, so it's a bit annoying to get it just before its shiny came out. But they seem pretty rare anyway and I can only get shinies when they make them, well, common, so it's whatever.

Need some Togepi candy though!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Hey this kinda stuff is Birch's role, you copying motherfucker.

Also finally, something that isn't Raids.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Ah finally. I did hatch my first Mareep in a 10k for the easter event, so this means I'll be able to get some more for once in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Aw man, I'm keeping my candy for when I get a shiny. Well, I'll probably reach 400 again before that happens, so alright.

During the quest, your AR mode gets upgraded to see invisible Pokemon, so that's how we're gonna get Kecleon, it seems.

• Locked thread