Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Irukandji Syndrome posted:

Yeah I keep finding Shellder non-stop. I think it's the holiday spawn rates.

Does anybody know what causes Tangela to spawn? I've never seen one, but in general I guess I just never see grass types aside from a million Seedots. :( I have to specifically seek out Hoppips, but at least I see those sometimes. Oddish and Bellsprout lines are all unfilled in my Pokedex because I've never found enough to evolve them. Never found a Scyther either.

I wish I knew. I need a Tangela of the opposite gender for my dex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Pomplamoose posted:

Who cares the models are the same for both genders.

E: oh wait the evolved form has gender differences but you won't have to worry about that for another 5 years anyway.

It's what psychobabble said. At one point I had everything so to occupy myself further but not get frustrated from shiny or 100% hunting I started to collect both genders of everything. :)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Prop Wash posted:

Sneasel has a pretty obvious difference too. But the obvious gender variation is on Magikarps, and that's why you need to catch a shiny male and female :v:

:negative: Don't remind me. Worse even if you want to have a living dex.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Parrotine posted:

What is the difference :confused:

The whiskers are different colours.

Louisgod posted:

I'm coming up short with what else I need to add to my top CP teams:

Still building up candies for a Slaking.

This screenshot makes me angry.

Possibly related, no Exraid pass for me and Niantic is still using poo poo raidtimes. I've basically started looking at MewTwo as a regional, something you're unlikely to ever get.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I'm loving Julio's and Parrotines back and forth and I can't be the only one.

I fear for when they start adding more pokemon to the exraids and your chance goes down even further.
It doesn't seem like the exraid system is going to scale well at all.
Congratulations, you have a 1% chance of getting an exraid pass and on that pass you have an x% chance of getting that special legendary pokemon you really want!

It's a shame though, because I do love the idea behind the Exraid system. Suddenly getting that invite will make the player feel special.

However the set times are terrible (who in the right mind thinks 14:30 on a Tuesday is a good idea?) and the randomness works against it. Why not make it less random, but keep it really exclusive as in 1 per trainer.

Darth TNT fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jan 11, 2018

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Kyogre is incredibly easy to catch if you have an IPhone with AR. Just toggle it on, search him out and get in his face. It also gives you the expert handler boost, which I believe adds a minor boost to catch rate?
The only downside is that there is a chance that he'll go crazy. So far I've done 4 raids, caught 3. The only one I didn't was the one that went crazy.

New Exraid passes went out. I was at both raids that triggered it and didn't get any.
I suppose it could be worse, I could be the guy who has 600 raids has been present at all 6 of the raids that have triggered exraids in our neighbourhood and still hasn't received a pass.

The ExRaid "system" is still a broken mess and is actively discouraging people to play. Excellent job.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Louisgod posted:

Hell yeah, caught a weather boosted Kyogre, 2841 CP. IVs are poo poo but who cares, I'll take weather boosts over that.

Better a high lvl money ready for action then a low lvl perfect one black holeing all your stardust

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Willsun posted:

Yeah you can get Kyogre to like, Ho-Oh/Ursaring/Ponyta levels of close with the AR+ mode. Plus if what I saw was correct, Kyogre won't even do the stupid side to side drifting in that mode.

He will in fact do the side to side drifting, however it barely matters when you're so close you can count his nosehairs.

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

It's actually super useful in some situations.

For example, Kyogre is MUCH, MUCH easier to capture wuth AR plus

I tried it on Groudon once and discovered that there is such a thing as being too close. If you do it on Groudon you can literally only see a large red nose with a circle. You can throw excellents with your eyes closed this way, unfortunately there is a weird bug where if you're too close the ball with hit the target and bounce off. :(

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
3/7. 3 of the Kyogres that escaped are where I couldn't use the AR+ function due to low light. The 4th escaped (probably) because he bugged out completely while in AR+ and then the game crashed.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Willsun posted:

There's gotta be something missing here to get from you saying to start at 9 and the 6am people saying you need to lead the 6am one instead. Otherwise they can go suck a fat one for demanding people they HAVE to wake up at the crack of dawn to make sure their group has enough people.

Also thank you Niantic for bringing back a normal menu that doesn't snap back up to the top, but why did they screw with the Pokemon models? I encountered a tiny Venusaur and like really tiny Barboach that I could barely see, and now Natu and Rattata are huge. Not to mention every Pokemon looks horribly placed in the buddy Pokemon bubble. They're like floating at weird levels or super close to the camera so you only see their mouth or something.

On the other hand, you now also have such fun things like Weedles being much larger than Fearow right next to it. The release said that they did it to make smaller pokemon that people want easier to hit. :)

During the community day I used incense to lure more Pikachu. Oddly, Pikachu coming after the incense would be smaller than those found in the wild.

dwarf74 posted:

Nice when pogo goes down mid-raid.

I had an interesting day yesterday.
On one raid I had the the floating ball bug while trying to catch a Kyogre in AR+. I quit the game and rebooted fully expecting it to be a lost cause. Instead there was a new Kyogre in my box. :) So somehow it still counted it as caught.

On another raid my game crashed just as the words Go appeared in my screen. People were telling me not to worry as, when you can see the battle screen you're counted as being in the battle. So I quickly reloaded the game. Clicked the battle, and was relieved to see that I could indeed rejoin. Better yet, it was a large group, so Kyogre barely even hit one of my pokemon before it went down and the reward contained 12 new revives. Best haul ever! (I also caught a weather boosted Kyogre who is currently in the lead for being the heaviest Kyogre caught in our Raid group.)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I got an exraid pass. :)

I can't feel happy about it as there's a guy who's now been present at 9 of the trigger raids and he still doesn't have an invite. It's insane.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Water pokemon everywhere where I live. I'm currently walking my second Milotic to be. I have 2 genders of Sharpedo.

I have both genders of Crawdaunt, though I was lucky that there was a mini nest nearby. Otherwise I would probably only be half way to the second.

Lotad is really weird. If it rains it's fairly common, if it's dry then there are none in sight. I now have 80 Lotad candy. :(

I also have both Breloom genders.

I have a Shiftry, because Seedot was really common for a while. Somehow however they've gone completely extinct since a few weeks ago.

The new monsters are nice, but my water biome will probably mean that no numels will ever spawn near me.
Aron is semi rare, Whismur is everywhere and Balltoy is uncommon. I don't think I've seen any other of the new Pokemon yet.

Just in case you hadn't heard yet, but all eggs now only contain Hoen pokemon. So get to hatching.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

DizzyBum posted:

Yesterday was a travel day for me so I got to hit a *lot* of Pokestops at both airports, plus I got the "new Pokemon spawning" news alert in-game after landing and suddenly saw Numel and Whismur everywhere, and even a wild Camerupt when I was waiting for a bus. :getin:

Also, two of my 5km eggs hatched and they were both Luvdisc. :lol:

I think this means the game loves you.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Julio Cruz posted:

I'm pretty sure I've never seen a wild one but they were pretty common hatches in gen 1.

I only ever hatched 3. All of the same gender. :argh: I need that other gender for my dex.

I second the perception that Anorith is behaving like Lotad. I managed to catch 2 yesterday in the rain and spotted a few others on a scanner. I also caught a (for me) max lvl 81% Lotad. So guess who's going to become a dancing pineapple as soon as I have enough candy.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I bet Tropius will be another regional. :sigh:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I do really think that they made a mistake with the Windy weather boosting Dragon types.
Dratini was common enough here that people stopped reporting them in the rare spawns group. You'd probably find one everyother trip into town.
However ever since the introduction of weather I've only seen I think 2 neither of them during Windy weather.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Pretty happy I received my second pass. Still a terrible system.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Cowslips Warren posted:

My friend was almost in tears when she told me she got a pass this week. She also got them the past two times they were out.

The two lvl 40s in our main group have yet to get one. Me, I'm happy I just finally got the one Mewtwo. Now to convince my friend she has to do the raid still, one person not there could break the battle.

We have 3-4 lvl40s still without an invite. The system is so terrible people hesitate to celebrate even getting a pass.

I do have a strategy now though. Single raid on an ex eligible gym, preferably a 3 star raid. It may be puck, but the amount of people around me who did a 3star and got a pass far outweigh the number of people who didn't on all of our waves. Any other raids I do will be in other locations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Just caught my first MewTwo. :) I feel sorry for the kid that didn't get it and now has to hope the RNG will grace him with a pass again. :(

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

kensei posted:

Where are you in the world that you found a Lunatone? I have heard they spawn at night but have yet to see one even on a tracker.

Your questions remind me that it's weird that there has been so little confirmed about Solrock and Lunatone. They're apparently regionals, but somehow special. I have a Lunatone from Europe.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Parrotine posted:

Europe has a WHAT now?

Dammit Niantic, stop giving those smelly Europeans the good poo poo already :argh:

I really hope we get new letters this summer. I need a complete alphabet. :)

According to the die hards in my city, we have had 1 confirmed unown spawn in 2 years. It was the W. And I just missed it.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Oh man, this ex raid wave is great. :suspense:

People have been getting passes to tiny towns in bumfuck nowhere 200kms away.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Psion posted:

raid fatigue is real, kyogre raid fatigue is the worst I've seen. Part of that is kyogre, probably, but I think part of that is how many legendaries most people have already. you can only keep trying the same trick to generate interest so many times before it stops working. I'm curious to see how much interest bounces back after kyogre leaves.

this is way better than my 666 slowpokes, you did win pokemon

Raid fatigue has hit our group harder than usual:
1: Kyogre is hard to catch making the reward even less than usual
2: Raid times are still poo poo. No Niantic, no one will raid at 5 AM in the morning so scrap that and move the endtime an hour or 2 back so it doesn't at at 7PM when everyone just got home from work.
3: It's the end of a raid boss.
4: People are actively gunning for Exraids. So the daily raiders tend to skip non exraid gyms. The exraid system is such a brilliant clusterfuck working actively against the values of the game.

Psychobabble! posted:

Supposed improvements on the ex system (just loving SCRAP IT ALREADY) incoming as well as acknowledging the bug with the last round of invites: https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/exraids-update-020718/
Reading through that makes me feel like Niantic took a page from Ubisofts Destiny playbook and actively lied to the playerbase to get them to spend money. Supposedly gold gym badges already boosted your odds, except all research pointed out otherwise. I wonder what new research will show.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Gotta love local weather. Already have all variations of Castform. :)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Julio Cruz posted:

I'm seeing Luvdisc anywhere but no Chansey, which is a shame. Still, 300 dust is 300 dust.

Good luck, Luvdisc is a pain to catch.

116 Swablus caught and no shiny. :argh:
I did find a shiny Luvdisc. :)

In other news:
Niantic suddenly removed a gym where I was invited for an Exraid. :argh: My Expass is gone and replaced with 2 premium passes. It's ridiculous. The gym is in a park on public property. :argh:
I already have 2 Mewtwo, but several of the group were going for their first. :(
Meanwhile on the same day roughly 1 km to the left there is another Gym which is still housing it's Exraid.
Just give everyone you hosed over passes for that one Niantic!

a sexual elk posted:

Why the hell is Trapinch in 10ks? Hatched 2 in a row when I get can catch 5 a day without leaving my house. I evolved 2 flygons since the roll out.
Probably because Trapinch doesn't exist in my biome.
It's the same as Doduo, which also doesn't exist where I live and might as well be a regional since they don't hatch either. Took me ages and a lot of walking to evolve the two I caught.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

NZAmoeba posted:

From a few days ago, but got you beat

The only reason this doesn't make me cry is because spheal is a top lvl pun

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

DizzyBum posted:

:golfclap:

Haven't seen a shiny Luvdisc yet but I am still checking the spawns just in case. I'm tired of wasting balls and berries on their low capture rates.

Swablu is my first Go shiny.

I solved that by only catching Luvdisc with a green circle. Usually these are sub 100 cp mons. :)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Psychobabble! posted:

Hatched out of a 10k, found the new Skarmory/Sudowoodo :argh:

It's very rare here though. I see Skarmory semi regurarly and Sudowoodo is the only rocktype that frequents my location. Chimeco however is so rare most of my group don't have it yet.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Willsun posted:

They're being real thrifty with exp and only making it a bonus for catching. I guess I was too optimistic to think there would be a consistent short window of double exp every month for the community day.

But who cares about experience once you're over lvl30?

Chairman Mao posted:

I don't really care very much what gets cranked up to triple stardust, it could be pidgeys for all I care. I missed the party hat pikachu last year though so I'm pretty happy.

Same. I now have 4 party hat chu's and am making a lot of omelets in search of a hat pichu.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I've fondled nearly 300 electric rats in 2 days time, but I have 2 shinies with hat (one of which is now a shiny raichu with hat)...was it worth it? :negative:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
The boosted egg hatches have thus far been very dissappointing. It's almost like there is no event.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I never liked gen4 and it's going to suck in Go as well

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Mustached Demon posted:

Counterpoint: rhyperior, the rusty beer keg.

Mustached Demon posted:

Counterpoint: rhyperior, the rusty beer keg.

Looks horrible and I don't like beer.

I got an exraid pass again. It's the same day as my other pass and starts 30 minutes after the first one. Good thing it's only a 10 minute drive from one to the other

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Away all Goats posted:

I've had an almost constant stream of 10ks this event. I've had to run triple incubators for most of it to get through them all.

Same. Almost nothing but 10km eggs. Really frustrating. I wanted 5 KM eggs for more chances at Whynaut.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

mastershakeman posted:

I think the chance of rolling a wynaut is 1/500 or something completely loving insane. I'm at 750 eggs hatched over a year and a half
I know. :( I really wonder how Niantic will handle the egg situation once the next gen comes along. At some point odds of getting things are going to be astronomically small.

Entropist posted:

Wingull seems quite rare but they do nest, or appear in some harbour / waterfront areas (but not all). I got most of mine when the local park had a Wingull nest.
Wingul is situationally rare. It rarely spawns where I live, but it's almost as common as Pidgey along the coast the next town over.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
If they do Lugia for a month activity is going to drop off a cliff. In my raid group at least. A few are happy, a few are "meh" and a lot don't care. I'm in the latter group, I'm more interested in doing Absol raids than doing Lugia raids. I have a Lugia that's good enough. For that tiny tiny chance at a shiny.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Steve Jorbs posted:

I was only able to run a few Lugia raids and they all ran on me. I'm happy they brought Lugia back for a bit. Not everyone has been playing the game since launch or even since Lugia was last in eggs. Congrats you have 20 of them already, not everyone does. Sure does suck that you don't have to spend $1000 on raids this month. They're going to have to cycle through old raids eventually for people.

I only have 2. :) And I want them to cycle through it. But really, I don't think the current system for legendaries is very good. At this point I'd suggest just putting all Legendaries in the pool. That's already 13 different mons that could show up and you know certain others are more popular and will draw crowds, with a chance that they will tag along with the group to the next. Maybe do theme weeks when you introduce a new one.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Shiny Lugia has been spotted

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

financially racist posted:

i raided at all 4 of the gyms in my town several times a week for months, from the time they were first introduced as a 'beta' item until very recently, getting 3 of the 4 gym badges to gold, and still never got a single ex pass. not a single one. as of two weeks ago i live in a different town where nobody is active and there's no documentation on which gyms do and don't give out ex passes so i guess i'm never getting a mewtwo.

the ex system is just flat-out bad.

Make your own map, get an invite and find out you're the only one there.

I hot sauce Wynaut from an egg! Obviously it was the second 5km egg I picked up after the event ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
We had some fun drama yesterday. About time too, it's been way to much happy people raiding together for way to long.
I have no idea what happened, because I have a job so I wasn't present, but it was probably pretty lame.

One of the people involved has already been banned from the raiding group in our neighbouring town and is a natural lvl40 (ie somehow who was lvl40 well before all the double XP events), the other recently bluntly told everyone he would report everyone holding two phones at a raid.
Those things are probably unrelated.

Also fun. An Unown letter J spawned in the street next to us. Obviously, the terrible nearby system would never show this. Fortunately maps exist so I got it and I got it for someone who wasn't able to go himself. I wanted to get one for his kid as well, but we couldn't log in in time. :( Still happy to have helped someone.

• Locked thread