Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

So as someone who has never seen one of these events, are Zapdos raids going to be going on non-stop at every gym during the 3-hour window tomorrow, or what? Am I going to be able to just walk to the nearest gym and hopefully find some people to team up, or am I going to have to somehow track down whichever specific gyms are spawning them? I really want a Zapdos, so I'm hoping this process is relatively painless.

They'll spawn at every gym at the start of the event and last for three hours, so you can hit up each gym one time. I recently started playing again with my GF and we joined a local discord group that has been hugely helpful with coordinating for events and even just normal after-work raids. We're going to be in a different part of the state tomorrow so we had to look up a different discord group for when we sneak out for an hour. Unfortunately the weather looks like it's gonna be miserable.

I snagged a 100% Registeel today, but unfortunately she missed on both raids we did. Usually I'm the one that can't catch the drat things, so it felt kinda good (my first legendary raid was the last day of Kyogre and I completely whiffed on catching him).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Any tips on catching Zapdos? I'm developing a bad reputation for being terrible at throwing balls.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Had to sneak out of a family thing for an hour today, so we only got to do 5 raids. Went 2 for 5, bad IVs and no shinys, but at least I was able to tick off a box in my pokedex.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Do you get the XP bonus for friendship level when they open the gift you sent, or when you open the gift they sent you? Can you get a bunch of people to just one day away, then not open their gifts till you pop an egg?

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
4 raids today, got my surfing rat, marowak, an amazing machamp, and a porygon. Overall not a bad haul. Still haven't seen a drat Kirlia raid yet though.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Also got my first Mewtwo today as well. 15/11/15. I lucked into another ex-raid pass next week, but my rare candy will likely go towards this one.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Crosspeice posted:

Well you can already find Unown in the wild, they're just super, super rare and nearly impossible to find without scanners. Will they make them more common? Probably not. Will they make them a reward for 5 Excellent Curveballs in a Row? Absolutely.

The Celebi thing said there would be an increase in Johto pokemon, so maybe they actually are going to increase the spawn rate of unowns.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

DizzyBum posted:

Who the hell doesn't keep an army of 69/420/666 critters around?

I have a 420 and a 666 Torchic and will keep them forever.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Wheany posted:

And some of the people who do still just go with the recommended team because who the gently caress cares enough with a f2p mobile game.

This is me every raid.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Psion posted:

It used to be in eggs, I imagine it'll go back in them at some point. Right now it might be the only way, yes.

I saw one on radar this morning but I was lazy and didn't track it down. Guess I should have.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Wooo just caught a random shiny Pinecone sitting in my apartment.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
GF and I are headed to Iceland for a week. Not sure what the pokestop situation will look like there, but feel free to add us for a chance at some neat gifts. We'll be visiting the penis museum, so if there is a stop there I'll try to get as many gifts as possible.

5608 3670 0931
3999 5070 1304

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Back from Iceland, had a lovely time. Hope those of you who friended me enjoyed the gifts, mostly from MMCXX, since that's where our airbnb was on top of. Sadly the signal outside of Reykjavik was spotty, but surprisingly there were poke stops and gyms in even some of the most remote places we visited, like the Westman Islands.

Didn't exactly have time to do any Ho-oh raids, so hopefully some of my local friends caught enough to trade me one for a mime or volbeat.

I would 100% recommend Iceland as an awesome vacation spot, but holy crap is it expensive. 3/4 of a tank of gas was about $200 USD.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
If anyone is in the Southeast Michigan area, I have mimes, volbeats, zangeese, and sol-rocks up for trade.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

OgreNoah posted:

Are you in the A2Ypsi Discord? It's a pretty good local discord. I've already got those, but I'm sure other people in there want them for stuff.

I suppose I should join it, I'm not usually around that area though. The Farmington discord is pretty decent though.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Followed around our local discord train for a while, but I had to draw the line at raiding for a fire bird at the Holocaust museum that's in town.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Having no Pokemon experience outside of GO, what is the reasoning for assuming the next Ex-Raid will be Deoxys instead of Jirachi?

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Is there an official place to get the Gotchas? I seem to recall people talking about knock-offs.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

DizzyBum posted:

I haven't hatched a single Kangaskhan since this event started! Fake news!! :sad:

Have you tried submitting some racist drawings to Niantic? I hear that helps.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
0/3 tonight on Mewtwo. He seems a bit bouncier than during the Ex-Raids as well, but that could just be confirmation bias.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
One of those little weird guys from after the event is showing up on my radar right now, which is odd, I thought they just spawned for a half hour after the event.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Wheany posted:

Everyone's favorite new pokemon: Melmac

Gotta feed all these Meowths to something.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

either charge tms have had their rate greatly, greatly reduced or i am just incredibly unlucky because i did over 30 articuno raids during bird week and got zero charge tms the entire time, which was bullshit because it meant i never got a shadow ball mewto

I got 3 this morning from a single Mewtwo raid. Granted, I'm 1/4 on raids this week, so maybe it was just karma.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

SuperKlaus posted:

Kind of huge BS that the regional event ended today at 1 PM. Why the heck would you stop the event in the middle of a weekend day people might want to spend walking around playing the game, Niantic?

It's been extended to the 8th.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
I caught a couple of Corsola while I was in Mobile for a few days this summer, didn't see any Heracross though.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Pokemon GO: Sinnoh Patrol - Chasing Chimchars

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
There Sinnoh Place Like Hoenn

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Pokemon Go: Just sinnoh, this game is still terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Sinnohs in the Hands of an Angry Go

• Locked thread