Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Got my 4th pass. Probably can’t go because Mondays...

Really wish there was a pass donation feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Maybe with passes similar to the raiding system? You can trade Pokemon once a day?

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Spam Musubi posted:

What I honestly want from the game is a resurgence. I want it to feel like the Summer of 2016 again.

Not gonna happen, but community days help create the illusion for 3 hours a month.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

The appeal of Summer 2016 was the huge number of players and it hitting the mainstream. Additionally, the game being new and having undocumented mechanics made up for the lack of features and harkened back to the schoolyard days of discussing in-game Pokemon rumors.

I can’t really see that being recreated with a product that’s almost 2 years old other than some huge headline catching gimmick. A huge contest or something? Unlikely.

Community day at least finds a way to get the smaller player base out all at once.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Caught a shiny Omanyte today and then butt spent 400 coins on a cosmetic item. Guess it evens out.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

It became sunny right when the event ended...

Still a good event. Got six smack down ttars though 5 of them need a charged TM to get Stone Edge.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Here’s mine!

2566 4890 4047

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

I now have 60+ goon friends I’m obligated to send gifts to everyday. Thanks Niantic.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

I’ve still got 2 years until I hit level 40 so any level cap increase is going to be wasted on me.

Mumbling fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jul 3, 2018

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

I was stoked I caught a shiny sunglasses Squirtle, but they seem more common than I thought. Not that I love my shiny boy any less.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

I’ve gotta say, I’ve warmed up to the sunglasses style they chose for Squirtle, as much of a missed opportunity it was.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

I finally caught up on opening and sending gifts. Now to start sending gifts to new goons which will only make the situation worse.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

It looks like it’s both Saturday and Sunday this time around.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Machamp with Dynamic Punch is the main Blissey counter. The downside is a lot of Blisseys pack charge moves that are strong against fighting types so you will have to dodge making a long fight even longer.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Finally hatched a sassy summer Pichu. Anything else I achieve in Pokemon Go this summer is a bonus.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

humpthewind posted:

Is alolan marowak soloable? I'm traveling this weekend and want to know if I can get it. It looks like Raichu will be but 20k CP gives me pause

Nope. 4 star raids are not currently soloable.

Go to Pokemon Go Gamepress to check up on what you can solo and appropriate counters. I find that site the most useful for PoGo as a whole.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

ijyt posted:

Does anyone know how to stop music and sound effects from enabling themselves every time? Getting pretty drat annoying have that midi poo poo that blaring.

Are you referring to just turning them off? That’s in the settings menu. If you’re talking about how it defaults to them on when you log out/login I don’t think there’s anything you can do about that.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Mustached Demon posted:

Y'all a bunch of jerks.

Gyms are for poke coin.

And my 3k+ Blissey has brought me many.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Apparently PvP is coming to PoGo before the end of 2018 according to some magazine interview.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Any word on if the 7km regionals are based on where the egg comes from?

I’ve been preparing by nicknaming faraway goons based on their region if that’s the case.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

dwarf74 posted:

Calling it an 'event' is a bit of an exaggeration. They spawned in the US for a few hours one night.

It was actually 48hrs. I would have caught way more then but I never believed trading would come into existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

I got my Mr. Mime which definitely dulls the pain of hatching 4 Tauros.

I also got 2x Kangas and 1x Farfetch’d which I already had, but trading fodder is always good.

• Locked thread