Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

So the only way to get Mew is to do the Special Research stuff, right? Because I don't really do raids, and it seems like I'd need to do a lot of them by the end to finish it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

When does the field research reward encounter change from Articuno? Is it a monthly thing, or every other week?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I would love for trading to be implemented, because my primary goal is to finish out the original Kanto pokedex. Anything after that is just gravy.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Finally able to join the cool kids club as a lowly lvl25

0335 1273 8273

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Man, I think the game just robbed me of a field research encounter. I already had my stamp for the day, but I had a completed task that would result in a Voltorb encounter (the last Voltorb I'll need to catch to evolve it, no less) and I decided to forgo the stamp for that sweet sweet Pokedex entry. But when I clicked on Claim Reward the button just went away and left a blank field research slot in its place.

I am very sad now.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Edward IV posted:

Do you have any other claimed field research encounters queued up? I noticed that since the most recent update from last weekend the encounter won't automatically occur when you claim the research if you deferred prior encounters and have a queue of them. Either that or the encounters no longer automatically occur at all when you claim the research. If that is the case, that Voltorb got shoved to the end of the queue so you're going to have to work your way through the line and capture them if you want that Voltorb.

e:f,b

I do, so that may be it. Either way I'm waiting until after midnight to do the next one so I at least get a stamp out of it.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Voltorb update: Yeah, the encounter was just queued. Caught and evolved!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

So is there any way to know if a raid is happening/about to happen besides just happening to walk by the gym at the right time?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Chairman Mao posted:

There used to be maps that told you where gyms were, where raids were happening, etc. Niantic shut em down.

Uh, if you're out between 11 am and 2 pm Pacific time tomorrow, all of them. All at once.

Boo, that sucks for those of us who don't live within easy walking distance of a gym but want to have even a slim chance of getting some rare dudes.

And if tomorrow is the Zapdos thing I'll pass, already have a couple from the research tasks. Good to know not to bother trying for any regular raids around that time though :)

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Evolution items are officially in gifts now. Pubic works project sent me a King's Rock!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

DizzyBum posted:

Pubic works :lol:

I think evolution items have been in gifts since they were released. I got a Metal Coat from a gift over a month ago. They're just exceedingly rare, like they are from Pokestops.

You get an evolution item guaranteed when you complete a 7-day streak of spinning pokestops. I've never gotten one any other way before now.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

PathAsc posted:

Well, I'm ready for moltres day. We've got plans to hit gyms like crazy weekend the Discord group.

Moltres is the legendary bird I missed as a field research boss, so I am definitely excited.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Hey, I finally caught the last Shellder I needed to finally cash in the field research I've been saving since the end of the Water Festival. Lapras, here I come!

Now if only I could go back in time and wait to evolve my Magikarp until I was at that stage of the Mew research, I'd be on Easy Street.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

We've known the new special research was coming for a while, but at least now we know when. Always good to know the Celebi date :sunglasses:

(I've never heard the name spoken out loud, but I'm going to assume it works for that terrible, terrible joke)

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I've been thinking about getting a Go-tcha or Go+, but how is it for tracking buddy/egg distance?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I ended up doing four raids, one regular catch one shiny. Caught the shiny on my first throw, decided to go out on top.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Teeter posted:

Shiny legendaries have 100% catch rate. Use a pinap!

Haha, shows what I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

SuperKlaus posted:

All they had to do was name the feature "release [back into the wild]" instead of "transfer [to the professor]" and we wouldn't have these unsettling implications.

Candy's gotta come from somewhere.

• Locked thread