Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

I caught 160 larvitars over the course of the day and none were over 83% (only 2 were even over 80%). The games RNG hates me. 4 shinies, though only one was even above 50% IVs and that was only 5-11-13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Ok, now let me change my team.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

seiferguy posted:

If they allowed team changing, wouldn't everyone just switch to Blue?

We actually have a pretty even split here (judging by the legendary raids I’ve done) but my problem has been that me and my girlfriend both downloaded the game on day one and I went blue and she went red, and we’ve been wanting for one of us to be able to switch ever since. Seems like it should be easy but no indication of it ever happening.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

July’s community day is the widely expected Squirtle day, on July 8th. https://pokemongolive.com/events/community-day/

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Soysaucebeast posted:

I just loaded it up to check, and it looks like we've just got a new loading screen, and they changed how the news tab works. I think I heard somewhere that we won't get the friends thing until next week.

The initial announcement said they’d start rolling the friends functionality out ‘later in the week’ so it should be more immediate than that.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Man some people are so angry and impatient in the replies, you’d think after waiting two years another few hours/a day or two would be no biggie.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

kensei posted:

I saw this posted:

“June 23 – level 35 and higher
June 24 – level 25 and higher
June 26 – level 20 and higher”

Saw someone post this but looks pretty fake since they credited Niantic’s Twitter (which in fact does not feature those dates)

e: app says level 38 and up now.

Noxville fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jun 21, 2018

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Well it’s unlocked for me now and I’m lever 35.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

My friend code is 1658 9837 0056 if anyone wants postcards from Yorkshire, UK.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

I added myself to the spreadsheet too. Also my girlfriend is jealous of me getting eggs from 10,000km away so if you want send her a friend request her code is 9900 5943 5883

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

I’ll take it

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

pod6isjerks posted:

All pokestops give the same "Catch 5 Squirtles" research task. So stay on the move and complete as many as you can.
EDIT: Unless you mean the shiny ones specifically come from certain stops but, I'm not sure that's the case?

It is, a stop that gives you a shiny encounter will give everyone a shiny encounter.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/1017467483165478912?s=20

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

I’m thankful for the warning on transferring shinies, the shiny Plusle is drat near indistinguishable from the regular one.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Got to do my first raid ever since for once there were some people around. Fought Lugia, won by throwing a shitload of pokemon into the meat grinder, and then he escaped all 9 of the raid balls, all of which were curve balls, 7 of which were great, with a berry.

Was I just seriously unlucky or is that what I should expect from raiding? Cause...that kinda sucked.

It’s kind of crapshoot, you really just need to do them a lot. I’d say I catch about one out of every two legendaries, making mostly great curveballs with golden razzberries.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Zapdos day: 16 raids, 16 catches, 6 shiny. My luck is in today, girlfriend caught no shiny at all.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Had no idea you could get alolan digletts out of the 7k eggs until I hatched one just now. I assume the geodudes are available now too?

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Lucky Pokemon are available now. We did trades of some of our oldest (abiut 18 months) and got luckies both times.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Yo, so the Go Tcha thing is iPhone only, and also way better than the Pokemon Plus, right? And it's just better distance tracking and some afk stuff?

It works on Android too, but doesn’t have an app so changing settings is a matter of pressing it’s one button over and over and hoping you set what you need to set.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Kowak posted:

That was sunglasses, not shinies.

Every squirtle research that day gave sunglasses but whether it was also shiny was 100% tied to the pokestop.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Looks like Niantic’s attempts to fix that bug where it would show a berry from the previous Pokemon on the new one has created a much more severe bug in the newest update to the app. Using a berry on a Pokemon encounter and then running away will mean that going back in to the encounter can freeze your game. I now have an encounter at the top of my stack that is impossible to complete and I can’t discard it or do any of the subsequent encounters I have stacked. Fantastic.

No idea if I can do any other encounters until it’s fixed but st least I can still catch wild Pokemon.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

There are some good pokestop names near me but I usually try and save ‘Lubricating Oils and Greases’ for my girlfriend.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Cowslips Warren posted:

I heard that the stops don't give shiny quests, unlike the Squirtle day?

None f the research quests give encounters, there’s just the Eevee you catch. Plenty of them though.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

I caught probably around 200 Eevees, 11 of them being shiny. Managed to get very lucky with my evolutions and got exactly one of each in my first three shiny evolutions too. Now not sure whether to even bother doing it again tomorrow.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

pod6isjerks posted:

Today was kind of a bust compared to yesterday. Got 8 shinys and a 100% non-shiny yesterday. Today only 3 shinys and nothing better than a 91% .
For whatever reason the Eevee spawns were worse today. Maybe due to some early lure placement fuckery?

Was worse for me today too but that might have been the weather - they were all weather boosted yesterday, but not at any point today.

I did well with shinies again today though, only did 2 hours today but got another 7 shiny for a total of 18 over the weekend.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Willsun posted:

There's no shiny Eevee from 2016 though, or 2017 for that matter... Also does lucky Pokemon have a guaranteed better IV floor? I forget if people have gotten lucky Pokemon but their IVs were garbage or not.

From the luckies I have I’d venture the IVs get rolled in the same way as a raid boss I.e. no stat below 10. That’s from a sample set of about 15 lucky Pokemon - me and my girlfriend traded basically every Eevee we caught for the extra candy and the chance of luckies.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Uh so this game is rapidly becoming unplayably broken for me. Started on Saturday when I tried to do an alolan marowak raid but the 3D model for him wasn’t loading so entering the gym would hard lock the game. Over the course of the day more and more Pokemon would have their model fail to load and be displayed as glowing balls of light, or not at all. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling with unpredictable results - often I couldn’t log on at all, sometimes it would let me in but with the same problems.

Today it seemed to be working ok this morning but twice I have wasted raid passes (yesterday and today’s free ones) starting a raid battle before being kicked out with an error 30 (hilariously Niantic’s site lists error codes; 29 and 31 are in the list but no mention of 30).

Googling shows me people with similar errors nearly a year ago but that was apparently fixed and was also on Android (I’m on iOS). Has anyone had anything similar and if so how did you fix it? I got my first EX pass for next Sunday after months of trying and now it looks like I’m not going to even be able to do it. :smith:

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

kensei posted:

Made a trade today

Oh yeah well check this out and be jealous

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Psion posted:

i traded a ton of high level/low IV eevees during community day and got a nice lucky eevee so that's good. You usually play with someone right? There's almost no reason not to just lowkey trade some stuff you were planning on junking.

If nothing else, consider trading mediocre research Raikous. It's basically free +4 candy right now with the trading event. 80km walking vs 1200 dust? And you might get a good one out of it? Sold.

Yeah especially while the event that gives tons of candy is on, we’ve been trading everything we catch that we don’t want and have gotten tons of candy and a good few luckies too - I got a 15/14/15 lucky magikarp, my girlfriend got a 15/15/15 lucky geodude out of it. Will probably switch to just trading stufff that’s useful after the event though.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Valicious posted:

I'm looking at raid guides, and they are saying that you need to be minimum level 30 to duo a 4 star raid for Absol. (which they list as easiest by far) Should I take this as truth? I'm 28 and my pokego partner is 27.

We’ll, I’m level 38 and can do about 60% damage to it with carefully chosen teams. Did the raid with my girlfriend (lvl 37 but without very well optimised teams) and we beat it with 2 seconds left. So yeah, you may struggle.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Soarer posted:

I don't think this is correct considering the only EX raid I have ever done was at a Sprint store gym.

Yeah it’s actually parks and sponsored gyms.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

pubic works project posted:

So my wife got a really annoying bug in this game. She turned in her field research and was in the Raikou screen. I reminded her of the 4 great ball in a row project, so she backed out until she could focus on them. She re-enters the scenario and gets a white screen with a little blue sky at the top. She forced-quit the game and un-installed/re-installed and it's still there. Anyone encounter something like this?

The berry bug I think, fixed on Android but iOS is still waiting like a week later. Can’t do the encounter until they fix it.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

BGrifter posted:

Wow, ended up getting a 100% Gastly. So now that I have something worth levelling, I just evolve twice and power up til max level?

Pretty much yeah, and hope that it gets a good move set (or you have TMs to change them). I’ve got a 100% Gengar too and it can do a lot of damage, but can’t take much.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Raids are back to Regirock here, at 1PM UK time. If Ho-oh is still there for you maybe try and do what you can before lunchtime...

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Robokomodo posted:

Anyone ever catch a shiny with a gotcha?

Yeah my girlfriend got a bunch on that weekend the shiny plusle/minun were released. She caught as many just sat in one place as I did walking around for three hours.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Well I’m going to be more than a 5 hour drive from home on Moltres day. Guess I should be looking at groups nearer to where I am on the day.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Turns out the highest mountain in the British Isles has both a pokestop and a gym at the top of it. Of course I took over the gym.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Froist posted:

I was on holiday in France last week and found a gym up a mountain that had been held for 375 days straight. Of course that was prime time to have connectivity issues, and then the iOS bug that required reinstalling the game. So he’s still holding that drat gym :(

This one has clearly been held less than a couple of days since the sole thing in it was a shiny wingull. I headed off after 15 minutes and by that point two other people had put stuff in already. It is a well-trafficked peak.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Was about three hours drive from the nearest large city for Moltres day so instead me and my girlfriend just did the gyms in the nearby small town by ourselves. We wouldn’t have been able to if it had been sunny and they were weather boosted but thankfully it was cloudy all morning so we raided all 6 of the gyms. I got one shiny and she didn’t get one unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Mustached Demon posted:

Eggs are determined at the point they enter your personal egg carton.

Best get to walking.

I think I that applies to regular eggs, not Alolan eggs.

• Locked thread