Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
Figured I'd get back into this after not touching it for a year and a half, wouldn't mind getting in on the gifting.

7120 4001 7458

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

As useful as the exp and items are from gifts, I think I'm enjoying the locations their from more. It's neat to see monuments, murals, etc from around the world, especially when most of the pokestops around here are pubs and churches.

Special mention to getting a gift from "The Wizard and his Balls" a few days ago. :v:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Aside from the pubs and churches, too many pokestops around here are just commemorative plaques which end up being too small or blurry to read on the gift image. On the other hand, we do have some decent murals and the army reserve barracks likes to spit out gifts simply labeled "Tank!"

My only regret is that I can't give the gift of Tank! to everyone. :(

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Tell that to my overflowing bag, because it won't let me spin stops even for gifts :argh:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

I got my first shiny today! But you know what they say, if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing, so I ran into another a couple of minutes later :v:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

This exp event is nuts, I made 300,000 exp in 4 hours earlier. When I left the house I only had around 900,000! ::psyduck:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

I'm in a town in the UK, so I can only assume people in US cities are raking in millions.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Barboaches and Wailmers as far as the eye can see, but not a single goddamn Magikarp. I'm never getting Mew. :argh:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

seiferguy posted:

Did you just start playing? There's been a water event and a kanto event in the last few months that had Magikarp all over the place.

Yes and no. I played on release for a couple of months, then stopped until about 2 weeks ago. At this rate I'll have to keep dragging this Magikarp around for the last 150 candies.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Several ponds, lakes, a dam, and a canal. I've checked them all and they all spawn the same things, mainly Wailmers, Barboaches, Tentacools, and Horseas.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Went around with a group of 40 people, descending on gyms like loving locusts and only 3 of us got a shiny Articuno. I was one of them. It's only 84%. I couldn't give less of a poo poo! :woop:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

They're about as powerful as T4 with timers to match, but give T5 rewards.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

I added a bunch of goons at random a couple of weeks back and somehow managed to add someone who's been sending me gifts from about 2 miles away.

And they're getting closer! :stare:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

I don't know what the gently caress happened today but my game appears to have glitched out. I got booted from a gym, but my pokemon never returned and it's still marked as in a gym. When I remotely visit the gym, my pokemon is none of the 6 in there, but I can still berry them.

:tif:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

My only regret is that I only have so many pinaps to throw at literally everything right now.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

No shiny for me this time, but one was a 93% with 15 attack to make up for it. I'd rather have a usable pokemon than a trophy pokemon anyway :colbert:

Please tell me Zapdos is actually usable :ohdear:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Puckish Rogue posted:

Cikys leave my gyarados alone you jerk.

You could at least say hi :colbert:. I did feel like a dick once I noticed the trainer name, but at the same time nobody is going to stop me from getting a gold gym badge at the Spire.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Puckish Rogue posted:

Ha. I was in the pub so I took it a few times too. Did my first ever raid as well. Thanks 1 star Hariyama making it so I could solo it while still talking bollocks.

I didn't think any pubs were in range, was it the Rutland? Would be nice to get a drink after all the shops close for the day and not feel like I'm missing out on stops to spin. If you're interested I could chuck you an invite to the local group we used to organise raids around here, so you can fight something a smidge tougher than Hariyama next time :v:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Nothing all week and then two "Hatch 5 eggs" tasks on the last day of the event, one of the hottest days of the year. You absolute rear end in a top hat, game :tizzy:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

oddium posted:

the worst part about pokémon go is that it takes 25% of my battery in 10 minutes

Getting a portable charger changed the way I play the game drastically, I used to last 2 hours at most before the battery ran out, now I can be out most of the day and not worry about it. It's not uncommon to see people carrying multiple chargers for when the first one runs dry.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

I got my first ever Mewtwo today! It's literally the worst possible IVs! gently caress you too, Niantic. :argh:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

DizzyBum posted:

Hyper Beam

Sykic posted:

gently caress you too, Niantic. :argh:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Both of our EX gyms had raids in progress when the passes were sent out so no-one got one, because this is a thing that happens for some dumb reason.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Me, last month: "I never want to see another pikachu ever again."
Me, this month, buried under Catch 5 Electric-type research every day: "gently caress."

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

I won't lie, I do feel like a bit of a dick every time I send out gifts from one pokestop around here ("Tilia x Europea 2" for those who've received) purely because the photo shows a commemorative plaque with a line of bird poo poo streaking down it :v:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

I'm a fan of the UK goon that keeps sending me "GIANT BEE".

I don't know how I manage to gather up so many of those but each day I'll find myself staring at my list of gifts, half of which will be that statue. :psyduck:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

I don't know what this last update did but my game is running MASSIVELY smoother now. I've got an old, crappy phone that would sometimes drop to single digit framerates during things like evolutions or sending gifts, now it doesn't appear to drop at all.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

I won't argue that I suck and annoy, but what am I doing? :confused:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

It's been over a week already? gently caress. Sorry about that, I'll sort it out.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

2 months after returning to the game it finally decides to cough up a shiny non-event pokemon.

Of all the possible CPs :rolleyes:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Blew my free pass on a Ho-oh raid today, watched as the dumb thing broke out of excellent ball after excellent ball, then flee. Wasn't happy but poo poo happens, especially in this game, there's always tomorrow. Or so I thought until I remembered the Celebi research I was doing at the time gave a premium pass as a reward. There's a raid about a mile away with 16 minutes remaining, I get offered a lift by some friends, and I'm desperately hoping the 0.2km left on my current egg will tick over in time and get me the pass. It does so about 20 seconds away from the raid, I get my pass, I get a really good Eevee, and I get there in time. To top it off it's windy weather ingame with only a few minutes before the weather changes. We easily win since there's so many of us, I take one look at the Ho-oh it tells me to catch and I say to myself "Bet that's a poo poo one."

Long story short,

I'm an idiot :v:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

I can't go 5 minutes without running into a goddamn Hoppip or Mr. Mime over here. Unless it's partly cloudy, then it becomes Nosepass City, population: ALL OF THEM. :argh:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Sure is cool and good when the game takes your pass, fails to load into the fight properly, marks itself as completed, and doesn't let you catch Moltres when you hop back in. This absolutely did not happen multiple times and leave me officially mad at video games.

Then I traded a 2 year old geodude for someone's incredibly poo poo Moltres and got a 15/15/14 lucky. Day redeemed in an instant. :v:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

tangy yet delightful posted:

What 10 water types can you easily catch enough of to where evolving 10 of them to get one Dratini is like even remotely a feasible way to get a Dragonite?

Spheals are always my go-to "Evolve a water-type" pokemon, they're super common and cheap to evolve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Fake James posted:

Edit: these changes make it sound like they are making a lot of the Pokemon evened out. Guess it will end up being more about what STABs and attacks you have more so than which exact Pokemon you are using? Maybe this will lead to more diverse raid and gym battle choices?

Aggron's time is finally here.

• Locked thread