Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Every gym should have a L O N G E G G in it imho

I have two for just that purpose.

Haven't taken a gym in days, though, because some yellow rear end in a top hat here loads every gym up with 2.5k Blisseys that I don't have an answer for yet.

Away all Goats posted:

I restart the game at least twice a day because the network stopped responding and all the buttons disappeared, most commonly when trying to load a gym

Mine's throwing a fun bug right now where any time I open a reward that has a pokemon encounter, it stops responding to input entirely. Have to crash and restart, then it works fine.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jul 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

ijyt posted:

Have they changed the spawns or something? My local park is infested with Dunsparce.

Yeah, I think they rotated. I just found a Slugma, never seen that spawn around here before.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

LionArcher posted:

The answer to that bullshit is 4 mewtwo and high level t tar.

Wish I had either, I just restarted in June so my collection isn't great. I live in the boondocks, so I've managed to catch one raid with anyone else at it. Ever.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Parrotine posted:

They might laugh now but if they ever put in mega stones then the Rein of Mega Beedrill will put the fear of the cold abyss in every psychic/dark/grass legendary henceforth

I am making a shiny Wailord. 75 candy to go.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Apparently go-tchas have a sync issue with the s7edge.

This was a fresh hell.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Coolness Averted posted:

weird, they work fine with a 6 edge+

Yeah, works fine with my old S5 as well. Reddit shows a bunch of posts about it, apparently one of the more recent updates to the s7edge mucked up bluetooth pairing.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

DizzyBum posted:

Enjoy!

Let the thread know if you have any problems with it. Just know that the Go+ has the same dumb connection issues.

Mine still hates my S7e. Sokay, my old S5 likes it, and I can turn on the gotcha, stuff it and the s5 in my pocket, and keep my main phone charge good.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I got an alolan Exeggcutor in a raid earlier.

longboi is real

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Trip Report : ~5 shinies, but it's so goddamn hot out that my phone overheated and died.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

:tipshat:

What was in it? I heard that distance helps but I have no clue outside of that, I can't open any right now (thanks to those who sent them) because my inventory is basically always full since this is the view from my desk:

(the view from home is the opposite but hey, win some lose some)

Jealousy. Nothing remotely that dense out here.

Plus side, I've got 100 km walking in the last month playing this dumb game. :toot:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Mechanical Fiend posted:

https://pokemongolive.com/post/celebi-research

I'd say hold off on any big evolutions until someone has datamined all the tasks

Goddamnit I just evolved my wailmer. No whammies please.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Trades are 1:1 in the system.

Generally they're for filling your dex.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I just saw a Pineco raid for the first time today, but I was driving and couldn't stop. Are they really rare or did they just start spawning? Gonna be bummed if it was something I'll never see again.

I caught one walking around the lake this morning.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Chairman Mao posted:

Lots of people have two accounts and you've probably seen someone's alt in a gym plenty of times and not even known it. It's the dickhead behind the accounts that seems to be the problem.

Niantic doesn't seem to care even a tiny bit about multi accounting so your only course of action is to do what the thread suggests; pound him relentlessly and suck his berries dry. Oh and attack his Pokemon too I guess.

It's only an issue when you get That One Guy who has six accounts going and fills whole gyms by himself.

It was amusing, though, his account names are all smurf themed.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Untrustable posted:

My wife and I went and did a Pineco raid because it was like the only available raid today other than Chikoritas. I ended up with a shiny 93 iv Pineco so that's pretty cool. I'm also drowning in evolution items. Sunkerns are so plentiful. Also with nest change the two big parks in town are Scythers and Rhyhorns so I'm having a lot of fun with that. Also whoever sent me a postcard of "Clown Shoes" you're a cool person.

The park I run in is a Houndour next.

So many good boys.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

The gotcha's nice because it means you can, say, talk a walk while talking with a friend and not be staring at your phone all the time while still grinding out some game benefits.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Psion posted:

oh, boo

so many of the current batch of field research tasks are really kind of bad, I would've loved that one :v:

Yeah, my walk this morning crossed 9 pokestops.

5 of them were 'Catch 3 Sunkern'.

Saw 2 of the fucker in an hour.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Neat, thanks. $50 feels like a bit much though.

It's absolutely worth it if you like to run or bike. I have hatched so many eggs by turning it on, pocketing my phone, and just grinding out laps, plus it catches and spins so if you do your exercise somewhere with stops you come back to a full bag.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Pulled a 91% MewTwo from the Ex today. Feels good man.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Teeter posted:

Maybe wait for that pokeball thing that's coming out. The support for Go+/Go-tcha has been pretty lacking up until now but it seems like the devs are putting a little more effort in with the new stuff coming out. It may be a little more worthwhile if they get it working a little better plus there's a chance that used ones may be available for cheap. The dark part of this device is that it can be hit or miss with connectivity, especially with certain devices. Mine occasionally stops connecting and I have to re-install PoGo to fix.

To me, the automation isn't playing the game for me. The occasional swiping to catch pokemon or spin stops isn't "the game", managing my team and resources and getting out in the world is. Going to the right places at the right times for gyms, raids, or tracking down new pokemon is the core of it and the Gotcha supplements that by doing the menial tasks in-between it all. If anything, the automation gives me more to do since I have a ton of extra pokemon to transfer, items to organize, and stardust to use for powering up when I'm sitting around at home. I still manually catch anything that's important so all it picks up are the things I wouldn't have bothered with anyway.

I did another batch of raids today and the first two weather-boosted got away from me, including the second one where I threw SIX excellent throws in a row. Everything was redeemed after that initial frustration because I ended up getting two shiny in a row on the next ones. Ended this weekend with 9/13 Ho-Oh caught, three of which are shiny. I think this bird likes me.

Yeah, I generally figure that the gotcha just gets me more resources to actively play the game while I'm out doing other stuff. I can hop in the car to go run errands, or head out for a jog, and then ignore Go but still get gains. :D

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Cowslips Warren posted:

When does this stupid Johto event end? I'm so sick of all the special research being garbage.

I have caught so many loving useless sunkerns.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Slapping Blisseys with Hariyama is cathartic.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Hatched 8 7k eggs today.

6 Alolan Meowths, a Tauros, and a Porygon.

Also, fun trick for the gotcha. Use an incense before driving for half an hour or so. The gotcha will throw at the split second spawns from the incense, which are distance based.

Set and forget catches for the commuter.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Sep 16, 2018

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Yup, makes sense now, thanks!

I’ve gotten nothing but alolan garbage from probably 12 yellow eggs. This event sucks butt.

I've cycled 21 eggs now thanks to jogging with my gotcha. Over half Alolan Meowth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Yeah, I had to turn catching off on my gotcha because I was spending too much time getting rid of nazichus.

• Locked thread