Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
I added a bunch of people here and was going to send everyone gifts, but whereas I got 18 gifts last night, I got 0 today.

I thought they nerfed the drop rate hard and was gonna save them, but apparently I just need to shower people with gifts to get below 5 so they start dropping again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

Math You posted:

Anyone else having an issue with the friend level not updating? I'm 6 days from the next level with my wife while she is only 4 from said level with me.. yes, after many app reloads

We've traded gifts every day, and done raids + gym battles together every day since it came out. Yet she's sliding to the bottom of my friend list :shrug:

Yes. The level is not updating for any friends whatsoever. Absolutely all of them are at 6 days remaining, even though most should be at 5 or 4.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

Beachcomber posted:

I wonder what other non-legendaries they'll put in Field Research. I think Lapras is a strong contender, because she is another Poke that was hard to find, although I hear the water festival helped some people with that. Porygon would be very very welcome. I had 10 upgrades and no Porygon to use them on.

Not sure they would have gone with Snorlax without the legacy move, so I would guess other legacy moves people care about. I guess ice shard/ice beam Lapras is possible, but if they're willing to do evolved forms then likeliest is probably shadow claw Gengar (making my 98% one a lot less rare). The only one I personally need is rock throw Omastar, but I kind of doubt they'll do that after adventure week.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

Pomplamoose posted:

They might do ice shard and/or beam lapras or shadow claw gengar but rock throw omastar is never coming back since omastar could never learn it in the main series. It's uh, not canon, which is apparently something niantic cares about or the pokemon company forced them to.

Oh, didn't realize it was one of the non-learnable ones. TPC definitely cares a lot about that (and Niantic probably not at all), so yeah, there's no way it'll return.

pod6isjerks posted:

EDIT: I managed to hatch a 100% Snorlax this morning, after having only seen one other one back in Summer of 2016.
Any chance Body Slam will be TM-able now that you'll be able to catch them with it during the research event?

Highly unlikely, but I guess we'll see.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
Squirtle Squad is all but confirmed. I'm really surprised they're actually doing it.

edit:

kxZyle posted:

???????????

And also apparently star pieces, incense, and lucky eggs have zero value? Is this some sort of blowhard hardcore player logic?

Yes. Incense is generally not worth buying and lucky eggs aren't useful if you don't need to level. Star pieces, while better than the others, give a smaller bonus (50%) that make them usually only worthwhile during triple stardust, and many people have a bunch sitting around waiting for those times. Stardust is also not as limiting a factor as (rare) candy for the most hardcore.

edit2:
Oh yeah, and regarding the incubators, the super ones are usually only worth extra if you have 8 running at once: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/7sihvg/reminder_unless_youre_running_9_incubators_super/dt55n7h/

runawayturtles fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jun 29, 2018

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
Shiny rates for everything is higher in Dortmund. Shiny rate for Roselia is probably a similar level as community day for everyone else.

Regarding Squirtle, it's as good a confirmation as you're going to get. As incompetent as Niantic is, they would still never make such a suggestive comment just to disappoint everyone in a week. I mean, sunglasses on the ground in front of the Squirtle in the image... come on.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
Oh hey look how wrong I was about squirtle squad happening. :rolleye:

Anyway, it's gonna be great, first one I'm actually looking forward to.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
Squirtle squad has the same goddamn aviators as Pikachu. As expected from Niantic, but it just looks so wrong...

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

SuperKlaus posted:

Well, other Water-types might outgun Blastoise, but is a Water Gun / Hydro Cannon the best DPS for a Blastoise?

Yes, Hydro Cannon is much better than its other moves.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

BrainMeats posted:

I maxed out my perfect shiny sunglasses Blastoise because that's like hitting a triple jackpot. He caps out at 2291cp which may not be able to contend with powerhouses like vileplume, cloyster and walrein but he beats wailord by 33 whole points! Also he's a cop.

Nice, I got one of those too and will power him up at some point.

Thanks HookShot for my first Grimer, after like 15 Meowths.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
July was the first month that community day was on the second instead of third weekend (because of Go Fest). Apparently they're sticking with the second weekend for August.

Naturally I'm available on the third weekend but will be traveling on the second weekend, so I get to miss both days.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
When you have saved research encounters (the top research when you have 4 total slots), tapping it to enter and catch the saved encounters won't give you a stamp (because they already did once). Only completing the research in the bottom 3 slots will give a stamp. So you can go ahead and catch now if you feel like it.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

Beachcomber posted:

Is there anything this weekend? We could really use a break.

Yes, Zapdos day is Saturday. They have an improved quick move (Thunder Shock) and can be shiny. I'm gonna miss it. :(

runawayturtles fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jul 18, 2018

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
Raid passes are not and have never been refunded for any reason, unless you contact support with a legit issue. If you've ever thought you received a refund, you were using yesterday's free pass and then received today's free pass.

And auto-catching curveballs would be hilariously broken. It's just a 1.7x catch rate multiplier.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

ShakeZula posted:

And if tomorrow is the Zapdos thing I'll pass, already have a couple from the research tasks. Good to know not to bother trying for any regular raids around that time though :)

In case it matters to you, the ones tomorrow will have a stronger quick move than the ones you have. They'll also start at a higher level than those from research.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
I just did a Raichu raid with 10 other people and got 3 damage balls. :aaaaa: Legacy Gengar is one hell of a mon.

Anyway, I guess the whole Lucky thing is going live shortly.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I mean, I could go and find people where I live (NYC), but on the other hand, autism

You sure could, or you could simply show up to just about any raid when it starts and have enough people to finish it.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

Avalerion posted:

There seems to be an increased chance to get one if you have the quest active, I got one pretty much the same day it popped.

Haha, not a chance, just luck.

pubic works project posted:

Yeah I haven't had that Ditto quest pop up. Oh well. It's a cool Pokemon and now I can trade one to my wife and another to my sister.

It's for one of the special research (Mew) tasks.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
Had a pretty exhausting weekend, but managed to do the full 3 hours of community day on Saturday in Thailand and the full 3 hours on Sunday back in the US. Glad my flight times worked out enough to do that. Exceeded my goal of 9 shinies too, I think I ended up with 15 or so.

Sadly didn't see any Tropius during my layover in either direction.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
The sun/moon dex is regularly morbid or cynical and I find it hilarious. Good old rotom.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

Epi Lepi posted:

Are any of you in the NYC Metro area? Two questions for you:

1) I'm out on Long Island and I never see growlithe's or ponyta's, do they ever spawn in the city? I really want to add Arcanine and Rapidash to my dex.

2) Can you catch anything cool at the Bronx Zoo? It looks like there's a lot of stops but I don't know what spawns there.

1) They're not common, but show up every once in a while. Most importantly they nest, so if you check the Silph Road nest atlas you can probably find parks that will spawn a bunch of them at any given time. I think Long Island is still incorrectly marked as one giant nest so you're not gonna have much luck there unless it randomly switches to Growlithe or Ponyta soon. Alternatively you can go on vacation to a desert biome and find them everywhere.

edit: I checked for you and De Witt Clinton Park is currently a Ponyta nest, while you'll have to go to New Jersey for Growlithe. Nests will all change on Wednesday night next week though, so you can just wait for that and check the atlas again.

2) I haven't been there since around the time the game launched, but if I recall the spawns were pretty varied there. Seemed like a pretty good place to catch a bunch of different things.

runawayturtles fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Aug 17, 2018

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

Siets posted:

What is the most efficient way to grind stardust with a Star Piece? I have two but I don’t want to pop them until I have a game plan for the 30 minutes they provide their bonus.

Use them this weekend when they last a full hour and the stardust multipliers are live. Ideally, time your streaks/eggs/research for the star piece window as well. Otherwise just catch as much as you can.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
Had probably the luckiest day since the game launched today. Headed to my EX raid and caught my first shiny Wingull when I arrived. Caught the (terrible IV) Mewtwo, and immediately swapped it with the guy standing next to me. Turned into 87% and lucky. A minute later I caught a shiny Natu, followed by a second shiny Wingull. I'll take it.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

Cowslips Warren posted:

So so so sick of the loving popups!

Anyone else been finding a lot more Spinda 3 tasks than 8?

Well, I didn't find any Spinda 8 last month and already have two Spinda 3. So yes.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
Did 16 Moltres raids, caught 13, 0 shiny. Sigh.

IcePhoenix posted:

How come your 100% has fewer cp than my 87-ish% that I haven't even leveled yet? Does weather boost make that much of a difference?

e: that's assuming I'm seeing 2272 since he's blocking some of the numbers

It's 3272. Level 40.

runawayturtles fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Sep 9, 2018

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

Vegastar posted:

I just spun the last stop in the 7-day stop quest for Celebi and the loving counter reset to 1 instead of finishing it.

How do you even gently caress that up?

Yeah... if you submit a help request I think they can just complete it for you.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
0/22 regionals so far. Only need Kangaskhan so not looking good.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
Up to 28 eggs now. First 25 had no regionals. Last 3 were Kangaskhan, Tauros, Mr. Mime.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
Nutto is:

- not a glitch
- added for the Let's Go marketing campaign
- the new Pokemon that will be transferable from Let's Go to Go
- part of Gen 7
- probably Pokedex #808
- possibly the steel-type evolved form of Ditto scrapped in the Gold/Silver beta
- but more likely a brand new steel-type that just has solder that looks like Ditto

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
One hour till I lucky egg my first three best friends... :homebrew:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

DizzyBum posted:

Just got an EX Pass for next Monday! :woop: It looks like that weird bugged wave that happened a couple days ago didn't wipe progress after all; I only raided once at this gym last week.

Anyone that recently raided at an EX gym (within the last week and a half) might want to check for passes now.

Hmm, didn't get one. Clockblocking is back and might have happened to me this time.

• Locked thread