Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.

Sprite Based posted:

Apropos of nothing, has anyone seen a Mudkip? I've caught a Torchic and a Treecko, but I haven't even seen a Mudkip, and I live in a pretty water-centric biome. I've spotted multiple Squirtles and Tototdiles, but strangely, zero Mudkips.

Totodile is Porygon-level rare here, we live nowhere near water, and somehow I've seen four Mudkips since the update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

Prop Wash posted:

We've seen before that biomes and events can spawn pokemon based on their final evolution type rather than their current type (for example, Slugma showing up during the Rock event even though it doesn't get Rock-type until it evolves to Magcargo). Mudkip isn't Water/Ground but its final evo is - do you live in an area with a lot of Ground-types?

Dang, I didn't think of that. Phanpy, Gligar, and Rhyhorn are all common enough and Woopers spawn like Pidgeys.

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

Cowslips Warren posted:

EX raids out on Xmas day.

I finally got one.

At least mine is in the afternoon so I might have people show up. I'm just kinda in shock.

Mewtwo in a Santa hat

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

Kind of thinking that every mon you manage to catch in EXTREME WEATHER should get awarded Squirtle Squad Sunglasses.

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

Did anybody else on Android lose the location caught display from their mons? All I can see now is date caught and which ball.

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

Unsubstantiated claim: if potential ditto trash breaks out of a red ball, especially a great or excellent throw immediately switch to yellow ball and golden. I caught both mine really quickly with this method with both mine and my kid's accounts.

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

I'm 2144 4133 8159 and my kid is
... on PTC so i can't log in to get his code right now if course

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

Has anybody had a PTC login issue (Android, Galaxy S7) that won't go away? My kid's account keeps refusing to login. I used to be able to fix it by logging in to PTC on the computer but that stopped working. Then, I could fix it by force stopping the app but that stopped working too. Now I have to uninstall the app and reinstall and he can play for like an hour before I get the unable to login error. I can't link a Gmail account because his PTC is tied to my Gmail, which already has my pogo account. I'm gonna try to link a Facebook to it but I'm not optimistic about that working.

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

Balk posted:

What’s the longest you all have managed to keep something in a gym?
My best is 1 day 4 hours (and counting) at a gym on a forest trail. The guy who took it has been there almost 6 days.

Somebody made a new gym in an old coal patch town about about 15 min from my Pittsburgh suburb and my Sceptile sat in it for 51 days before he got tossed. I didn't see when he came back but when I checked my news feed I found he didn't bring any coins with him.

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

NZAmoeba posted:

I think the IVs can only become worse (within a certain margin), they don't go completely random again. Someone feel free to correct me on this.

Both of my lucky Pokemon had their IVs go up significantly but my sample size is two soooooo

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

My kid has one of the accounts that got the lizard instead of hardware, so that was pretty weird.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

Ok am I the only one who is weirded out by the circle lightning SS Pikachu and shirt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

Wheany posted:

For tyranitar raids, you want at least 6 machamps.

I duo'd my first weather boosted Ttar just recently with two mushroom dinos, five Machamp, and three Hariyama. I think one of the Machamp might have had close combat but I know almost everybody had dynamic punch. I paid no attention to breakpoints and a medium amount of attention to trying to get 15atk on my dudes. My kid's dudes are mostly weather boosted catches but don't appraise to anything in particular. If you have raid passes to burn and you get cloudy weather a bunch I highly recommend just loving around until you get a winning team.

• Locked thread