Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.

Yeah, I raided at the gym that had an EX last weekend shortly after the EX was done. They issued passes today for the 18th and I wasn't invited. Oh well, doesn't seem like it's going anywhere anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.
We have a Torchic nest in South Philly that I was at earlier today, and I saw a 93% Ralts on the scanner. It was windy, so there were a few dozen of them around the city, but this one was within walking distance. Once I got to where it spawned and caught it, it was Partly Cloudy instead of Windy, and it had become a 67% instead. :(

Still don't have a wonder Torchic, either, but I'm almost to enough candies where I can evolve two of them anyway, so I may just grab my highest level one and get me a Blaziken.

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.

Dr Tran posted:

Have you met Holly?

A few times! I've been in some of her videos. She has some bomb-rear end Pokemon tattoos.

Holy hell do we have some gems who play this game around here.

A guy was whining today about how he's quitting the game when he hits forty because he didn't get a Mewtwo pass this wave (he already has two). He also frequently starts rumors about how having more people in a raid gives you a poorer chance to get a good IV and various other crap that leads to people being excluded.

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.
Got my first EX pass on Community Day for today, then yesterday I got one for tomorrow. Maybe lucky, maybe just overdue.

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.
I'm at 342 legendary raids and 91 regular raids. I just did my first EX yesterday and have another pass for tomorrow. I managed to catch the Mewtwo at the same time I leveled to 40!

Everyone I raid with regularly was puzzled that I had yet to get a pass, but I just attribute it to RNG. Some people I see at raids in Philly think that there's a Niantic employee out to get them, which I think is as egotistical as it is paranoid.

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.
Got a 91% shiny Lugia as a souvenir from my quick trip to Norway this weekend! Definitely a great group in Oslo that's super active, much to my surprise.

In the past month I also raided in Japan and absolutely no one talks. In Oslo, when people realized I didn't speak Norwegian, they would all start talking in English, even to one another. Very polite, even if it made me feel a little bad.

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.
I lost a perfect, weather boosted Lugia yesterday. Waaah.

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.
I went on a quick trip to Oslo last weekend and when I was raiding with some super friendly Norwegians, we were joking about me getting an EX Pass for a gym over there.

Well, ended up getting one today. Oh well, just a funny anecdote for me to tell for the next week or so!

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.
I usually play the game just for fun and lugging around two phones for those purposes just doesn't really appeal to me. A lot of the time I'm running around the city, too, so the less weight the better.

I got a somewhat garbage Mew (75%ish) and just used the candy it came with to power it up. I have a massive amount of TMs, so I used about 12 of them total to swap over to a Dark/Psychic combo. Not like I intend to use the thing for fighting.

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.
It was a garbage weather day today with a crazy temperature drop and rain in Philly, but I managed to snag five shiny Mareep and about 1200 candy total. I even hatched a 100% Trapinch, wheee.

Hopefully the May event will done with better weather.

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.
Surprisingly, the lack of trackers has only really had minor effects on how I've been raiding in Philly. We have a pretty good system on Discord where people self-report stuff. I miss raids that aren't reported in some of the non-Center City/Rittenhouse areas, but someone almost always reports in the areas where there will be enough people to support a raid.

It's going to be pretty interesting when I'm traveling for work coming up. It's been fun learning how raiding works in different parts of the country/world.

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.
I travel a little bit for work and for leisure, so I've managed to get a few regionals through that (Mime, Heracross, Corsola, Volbeat), and it seems like a few folks in my city have been open to trading. I need a Kangaskhan to complete my Kanto dex, but it seems like so many people out here have gotten them via swapping account information over a Reddit service and someone in Australia catching it for them.

Am I weird that I'm not really interested in the cheated 'mons or is this something other people have been concerned about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.
Didn't get a chance to play on Saturday due to work, but I managed to snag 18 shinies yesterday. RNG was kind to me.

Still haven't seen any Vaporeon though.

• Locked thread