Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

dwarf74 posted:

So is it my imagination or does Delibird give extra stardust when captured?

Both Delibird and Santa Pikachu are worth 250. Seems to be the Present move that activates the bonus. Kinda clever, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Das Doppelganger posted:

Well, I tried it. All sorts of flashing on the screen when I'm well past stops, none of them spun.

Also, I just turned on the vibrate feature, turned off auto-catch again (misses more than it catches) and now it flashes ever minute or so telling me I got 5+ items from a pokestop. In my living room.

No items added. (as I would expect)

I'm sensing either really bad bluetooth stack on the V20 or this unit is a dud. I'm going to try it slaved to a different phone.

If it makes you feel any better, what you're describing is 100% my experience with the Pixel 2 and the go+. I haven't found a way to improve it.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

kensei posted:

I have my Pixel 2 paired with my Go+ and have never had an issue at all.

I have no idea what to make of that, then. Mine is constantly not recognizing stops, attempting to spin and catch stuff that's been our of range for a second or three, and generally just laggy as hell. I can connect it back to my iPad and it's smooth as butter.

I don't get this games flying spaghetti monster of code.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Willsun posted:

I just remembered Regigigas existed and despaired.

1 extra month of a NORMAL TYPE legendary to pad out before gen 4. I just want to get my Rhyperior and Honchkrow and Mismagius already

Regigigas is gen4, actually. The remaining gen3 legendaries should be Lati@s, Regice, Registeel and Regirock, plus Deoxys and Jirachi that will probably never be released.

Gen4 is when the Legendary hell truly begins.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Psion posted:

yeah this is not ideal anymore. I know I was just posting about new vs old players and how to balance events for them but fuckin' pikachu hats are awful for both types of players considering how often they happen and how useless they are

The upside is they're Present pikas so they're worth 300 stardust, at least.

Not much, and without being able to mass transfer them I still don't really wanna catch them. But hey.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

They did shinies for the birthday hats. First time they've combined shiny and a stupid hat for pikachu before. The hat's not even a different color. Wasted opportunity.

I am gonna drop this gross spraytan sparkly raichu wearing a hat on gyms now, just to be a big eyesore, though.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Another round juuuust hit.

Apparently the times are off for the round that hit two days ago. All in UTC.

Specifically the 93.3 update had all the times hosed up and listed in UTC. If you're on .2 or .4 on android (iOS doesn't have an update yet, iirc) everything's normal.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

seiferguy posted:

I've noticed spawn rates have changed. I must have seen hundreds of murkrow again in non-windy or foggy weather.

They also made Murkrow way easier to catch and added this glorious pimpcrow sonofabitch.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

~Coxy posted:

An egg popped at our park when the kids were asleep so I took both my wife and my phones down.

Oddly, she got credit upon joining the raid the first time, and never again.

I got credit every time I finished (lost / timed out) on the raid, 6 times total.

So either they fixed it in a weird way, or it's not on all accounts?

I believe the variance came down to whether or not you had already reached step 6 before they applied the fix. If you had it pre-fix, you can still cheese the raid lobbies. If you didn't, it seems kinda like their fix actually changed the quest that's assigned by progressing to step 6, rather than doing anything to the raids, and it doesn't work.

Basically, you got grandfathered in.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

My dumb idea for trading was to reduce the level of all traded pokemon to some flat baseline of like, level 10 or something when they're transferred. Basically force people to commit some serious effort in to powering up a traded pokemon so you can't just stack a bunch of 100%s from smurf accounts or whatever.

People would probably hate it, though.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Cowslips Warren posted:

Karp certainly can, unless they changed it recently. I remember being pissed wasting 2x berries on karp only for them to turn to Ditto.

Congrats on the Mewtwo!

It got changed after a Reddit post where someone found a shiny karp and got ditto'd instead.

Edit: I went and found the post, just for the hell of it. here

It's also been heavily suggested that taillow can't actually be a ditto but people just assumed it would because Hoothoot and Pidgey. Far as I'm aware nobody's ever been able to provide evidence of it happening.

Vegastar fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Apr 30, 2018

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Fake James posted:

Everytime I try that the game locks things up and says GPS not detected.

This is normal and fine. There's a small trick to getting this to work. Disconnect and reconnect the go+ to reset the connection timeout. Position yourself on top of a cluster of stops or gyms. Wait until your go+ or whatever is highlighting one of them, then kill location. You should end up locked in place with the GPS signal not found warning, but the go+ will keep highlighting and allowing spins every 5 minutes until the hour timeout hits the go+ connection.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Unsane posted:

So how do you avoid the soft ban, and how long am I banned for?

Edit: figured it out. guess I shouldn't do this, drive home, and expect to hit my usual stops when I get there. It does work though....

Yeah, once the go+ connection times out I like to kill the game for 5 minutes or so before reopening it if I've traveled beyond whatever's visible from my actual location. Forgot to mention that.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Ballz posted:

Did they make the charmander catch rate easier for the event?

Most likely. They did the same for Bulbasaur, because starter catch rates are god awfull astronomical normally.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

The autopicker prioritizes based on what's 4x resistant and has effective moves. Unfortunately this is how you find stone edge and thunder aggrons being pushed as ho-oh autoselects, and and pretty much every other raid boss that ain't Machamp.

You can use that knowledge to predict the moveset of a raid boss, though.

At least it's improved from the days of all blissey and lax all day?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

If all else fails just start throwing out other quests fishing for a land 3 great throws quest (not 3 greats in a row or great curveballs) and you'll get a ghastly encounter for completing it.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Ah gently caress. Hope everybody remembers how much fun it is to get 1-shot and/or trapped in the Dodge bug hell every time that whale sonofabitch uses a charged attack.

gently caress blizzard Kyogre forever.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

I will never be luckier than I was on Dratini day, probably.

But ttar day went pretty drat good. Tried it out on a couple gross blue gyms this morning, smack down does some pretty crazy damage.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Gifts just got nerfed super hard. 20 cap remains in place.

The "stacks" you roll 3 or 4 of from most gifts now:

Regular Ball 5 > 3
Great Ball 5 > 2
Ultra Ball 5 > 1
Regular Potion 2 > 1
Super Potion 2 > 1
Hyper Potion 2 > 1
Max Potion 2 > 1
Revive 2 > 1
Max Revive 2 > 1
Pinap Berry 10 > 2

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/Chrales/status/1015355079099060224?s=19

Sunglasses Squirtle source. This guy regularly mines info from network traffic, it's as legit as it's going to get.

You'd think two upside down triangles and glasses frames would be really hard to gently caress up, but here we are.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

I'm still holding out hope for Meteor Mash Metagross for the next one, but I suspect my dreams will be crushed swiftly.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Liquid Communism posted:

I have two for just that purpose.

Haven't taken a gym in days, though, because some yellow rear end in a top hat here loads every gym up with 2.5k Blisseys that I don't have an answer for yet.

Mine's throwing a fun bug right now where any time I open a reward that has a pokemon encounter, it stops responding to input entirely. Have to crash and restart, then it works fine.

Check to make sure you've given pogo camera permissions. Even if you're not using the AR, if it doesn't have camera permissions the last couple updates have been locking up like that for encounters.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

I just wish they'd impliment a photo book of some kind. I don't care if its nothing but the picture and stop name without any other identifying info. It'd just be neat to be able to look through them. I've gotten some cool ones from people that I almost feel a little guilty about opening.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Lime green shinies and pink shinies are all I need in my life. I'm ready for Espeon.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

slave to my cravings posted:

I bought a go-tcha at GameStop and I’m interested to see how it performs. I think the auto spin will be most useful. That little charging cable is annoying though, if it’s slightly touched at all the thing loses contact and stops charging.

If you take a small pair of scissors or an xacto knife and shave the front lip of the charger down it stops pushing itself out nearly as often.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Crosspeice posted:

Releasing the evolution stones as a surefire way to evolve Eevee just before the CD is a great idea. Though with all the Gen 4 evolution items, it will get really hard to get what you want.

I feel like this is where quest rewards and Evo items randomly popping out of gifts will become very relevant.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Guys in my local discord are losing their poo poo because they had 900 or more stockpiled that they now have to burn.

If you run away from a quest reward, it gets stored for later with the same encounter. If you do this multiple times it all stacks up, oldest to newest, on the single top reward slot.

It was dumb to ever leave that uncapped.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

So, a Sinnoh badge got added serverside today, per the usual pogo datamining people.

Also the new raid bosses include Kirlia, Magmar, Tangela, Rhydon, and Piloswine.

Not gonna get terribly excited, but it's an interesting datapoint.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

seiferguy posted:

Kirlia and Magmar already are raids, and Rhydon and Piloswine have been raids in the past. Tangela is neat, though.

Yeah, but they all have gen4 evolutions. That's why it's kind of interesting, particularly in combination with a gen4 badge showing up in the network traffic.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Parrotine posted:

Oh! My gotcha wont register or connect to my game anymore. Did they update it so they dont work for android phones anymore?

nah, mines still good on a pixel 2. Try rebooting the entire phone if you haven't already. Sometimes it gets stuck in a really weird way that only a reboot will solve, because android is loving good at bluetooth.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Wheany posted:

Fuuuck, there is a "visit pokestops 7 days in a row" quest in the celebi questline and it happens on the only week in the whole year where i don't have access to pokestops on 1 day. We're spending next weekend on an island with no electricity and running water and surprisingly, no pokestops. I have not broken the daily pokestop streak since december lol.

Find a stop the day before, force-close the game, change your phone's timezone (just the time zone, you can't change the actual clock time manually or it wont work) to somewhere that it's "tomorrow" and spin another stop. You'll get credited for tomorrow and can pick back up the day after.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Louisgod posted:

Anybody know what you get for the evolve 3 Sunkern or Natu quest? Better be something good.

Pineco.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Froist posted:

I realised the reason this isn’t a bigger thing: the throwaway account still needs to have 20k stardust per trade (unless you friend it a month in advance) to trade away a new dex entry, which turns into a fair bit of grinding for an account you don’t care about.

That just means the time is now, with triple dust running this week.

I'll gladly make a handful of burner accounts and pre load them with dust and tauros to exchange for kanga, trophius and relicanth.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Kowak posted:

I guess the question now is, who can catch us Relicanth, Heracross and Corsola?

Edit: and Tropius and Torkoal

I've been working on a second account during the dust event specifically for some generous soul with access to Trophius or Relicanth. Up to 200k dust now with a bunch of Tauros, Illuminse, Seviper and even a Lunatone so far.

Hit me up, foreign friends.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

I just spun the last stop in the 7-day stop quest for Celebi and the loving counter reset to 1 instead of finishing it.

How do you even gently caress that up?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

TheEye posted:

Yeah... if you submit a help request I think they can just complete it for you.

I sent in a help request already, we'll see what happens.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Psion posted:

Only if they don’t continue the same xp curve. Exponential I think? If they don’t fix that only Dr Tran will be 50 :v:

If they're going to increase level cap, I'd put safe money on it being tied not only to exp, but also to specific badges. This is how ingress levels work beyond a certain point, and it seems fairly logical for pogo as well.

Ideally they'd release platinum or platinum/onyx badges at the same time, or it ends up not having much effect. God knows I've been gold on almost every badge for a while now.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Louisgod posted:

I'm not seeing when the region exclusives will be available in 7k eggs, we thinking today at 1 pm pst? I don't want to load up on 7k duds.

The in-game notification says the Kanto spawns begin on the 13th 1:00pm PST and end on the 30th. I'd say it's a safe bet that's when they'll be starting.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Louisgod posted:

I bet it is, and I bet these Kanto only events are a way for people to fill up that dex before Gen4 is released as the spawns will be diluted once they're released. Phasing out gen1 spawns makes the most sense.

I understand your point, but the entire gimmick of pogo is nostalgia, and gen1 is pretty much the thing the common people remember. I'm pretty sure it's like the base set in Hearthstone, gen1 is never going anywhere.

If they want to phase out gen2 forever, I welcome this change with open arms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Some of those might also have legacy movesets, if that's interesting to you at all.

https://p337.info/pokemongo/pages/legacy-moves/

I don't think any of them are particularly exciting, though.

• Locked thread