Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Have they confirmed any region specific gen3s?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
^^ cool, I really don't want to be locked out of a region specific thing again.

Also, I went on a walk and caught 5 rhyhorns that all benefitted from the clear weather. Good update.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Can confirm Gyarados can get waterfall as a fast type move. Just used a fast TM. Say hello to the best water type in the game.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Robokomodo posted:

What are the 3rd stage monsters

Magmar, Electabuzz, Magneton, and Rhydon get 3rd forms.

Edit: I forgot a bunch. Just see the posts below me.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 9, 2017

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Psychobabble! posted:

Is there any reason to keep dragon tail as a legacy move on gyarados or should I flip these bitches over?

If you have a dragonite with double dragon moves, no. Otherwise get yourself the best water type in the game.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Looking at the Seattle map, gen3 starters are rare as hell, even Treecko when it's sunny.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Is Gardevoir good? I switched to Ralts as my buddy and I was surprised to see that it took 5 km to get a candy. That's the same as Dratini / Larvitar levels.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

DizzyBum posted:

Gardevoir's typing will likely make it the premiere Fighting killer in this game, assuming it gets Confusion and either Dazzling Gleam or Psychic as its moveset. Psychic and Fairy are both strong against Fighting, both for offense and defense.

Nice. Now I just need the weather to change so they spawn more...

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Motherfuck, an EX raid is happening at a starbucks I go to. I guess because I only have a bronze badge I didn't get it :(

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Complete overcast in my town, game still says sunny weather :thumbsup:

At least weather boosts makes soloing an Omastar pretty easy.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It feels like there's a day lag on weather. It's blue skies today and in game it's cloudy. Yesterday was overcast but in game sunny.

I'm not complaining, it's just weird. I'm catching a decent amount of Ralts at least!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

mastershakeman posted:

blisseys are still the biggest bitch to fight and if someone is remote golden berrying them you can't do poo poo

Can confirm this. I spent around 20 minutes and someone kept remote berrying a Blissey. I needed the points for a gym anyways, because it's a Starbucks and has been known to give out ex passes.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
A 3000CP Blissey with zen headbutt and dazzling gleam will probably take down a Machamp first. Dazzling gleam is a real pain.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If they ever get to gen 7, that's got 18 if you include the ultra beasts.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Groudon isn't too hard. Gyarados is always good, Ho-Oh with solar beam works as a great tank, and if it has fire blast, Vaporeon tanks it well too. 5 of us took it down the first time I tried.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

It really depends on the weather, clear weather Groudon doesn't gently caress around.

Ah right. I fought it in cloudy weather, which is about as neutral as you can get.

Fighting it in rain must be nice.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
One of the Seattle maps has a great raid map that allows you to note that you're going, and automatically dumps you into that raid specific discord chatroom. Everyone used it when legendaries first came out. Now, no one does sadly.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Can 2 people take down Absol?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Dr Tran posted:

I would hold off on mass evolves until the next XP event

If the Christmas one isn't double XP, you may as well go and do it then unless you have the coin to blow on Pokémon storage.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Had a little fun today. I'm swimming in Golden razzberries with time to kill, and see a level 5 raid starting in 30 minutes in a mall. As I get there, someone is knocking it down, I get there and 3 of them are left. I fill them up, and wait. He knocks them down twice, I fill them up again, and repeat. After about 10 minutes, the "gym is under attack, you can't put your Pokémon in here" rule drops. So I drop a blissey in, someone walks by and drops a lapras in, and after a long battle of attrition, the gym survived till the raid. Caught the weather boosted groudon. Also got 24 hyper potions for some reason.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Will evolving clear a search? Cause when I do my mass evolves I generally search "evolve" and go down the list.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Cowslips Warren posted:

And my EX pass is gone. Niantic pulled every pass that was for a Sprint store.

Do we get a replacement? Of course loving not.

Did they pull all the passes for the parks? Of course loving not.

Thanks for nothing, you loving Grinches.

Guess what?

I still haven't got a EX pass.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Wrap it up. Christmas is ruined.

I’ve still never gotten one. Oh well

Seriously. People :qq:ing over not getting their 4th Mewtwo, and I'm like "well, I'd at least like the chance..."

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
This Pikachu knows how to have a good time:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

:allears:
Did I do something wrong, or is the incubator you get from spinning pokestops from today 'till christmas only one use?

I've been very casual with the game, but i'm pretty sure incubators were 3-use, so this is essentially a single incubator chopped up. How nice of them.

Ones from stops are 1 use. They did this last year too.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
What's the ring lock trick?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

shyduck posted:

excellent

I've got several 100% IV pokemon but only one 0% one and I treasure it dearly.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Back in the days when gyms were all about high CP poo poo, it made sense that trading would screwed competive balance. But now? Who gives a poo poo? Level 5 people can easily get coin as long as they fine a gym with an open spot.

Maybe make it so only first form evolutions can be traded (i.e. no trading a tyranitar, but larvitar is fine).

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

mastershakeman posted:

of course it should . instead of being designed to be played in San Fran it should be designed for where I live

You're upset because it took a long time to organize a raid, because it was snowing in your area. And your solution is at there should be no raids at all in snowing areas. There's a lot better solution and that you could just not raid at all when it's snowing outside.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I dual'd Absol. Definitely feasible with several 30+ fighting, even without a weather boost. I did it, it took several tries though, in which I spent lots of stardust to boost dudes up.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I honestly don't give a poo poo about spoofers anymore, and if their presence is the difference between beating a raid or failing it, by all means.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Acinonyx posted:

How many people does it take to beat a Groudon? I never gave a poo poo about the legendary birds and whatever, but this guy looks cool. Sadly, I'm out in the willie-whacks and there are hardly any people. The most people I've run into at a raid was 3, a father son team and a teenager.

I've beat it with 5 people, the lowest being level 34. This was with it having fire blast. That was easier than when I beat it with 15 and it having a weather boosted solar beam.

Solar beam is horseshit since it almost guarantees you will get dodge glitched.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The only issue I have with my go+ is that sometimes the pairing doesn't work, and usually requires quitting the app. It's great, aside from the catch rate being garbage.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

dwarf74 posted:

I figure >0 beats 0. I only let it catch when I'm otherwise occupied.

But yeah the occasional de-pairing/crashing is frustrating.

Yeah, I mainly use it while driving, and in terms of experience and candy, it works great. I just wish it gave higher chance than a regular pokeball throw with no bonus. Make the bonuses random or something.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I traveled to Vegas, and was disappointed that the weather effects more or less made the spawns just like Seattle. So many Shellders.

On the bright side, my go+ somehow caught me a Miltank.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
There's plenty of differences in gen 2 for male / female. Pikachu, Scizor, and Heracross all have notable differences off the top of my head.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Chairman Mao posted:

Does the combination of high cp, total reliance on play rough to be viable and a complete absence of quick fairy type moves make Slaking the best fairy type attacker in the game despite a lack of STAB?

Gardevoir is very good, if a bit of a glass cannon. Also, it lacks a fairy fast type (is there a fairy fast type in the game?).

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Still no EX pass for me, despite spending time trying to hit up sponsored gyms. I dunno what the hell to do to get one anymore.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I caught tons of mudkips and torchics, but the weather was rarely sunny so I didn't get many Treeckos. And when I did, i usually didn't use pinaps as for once I was running low on them and starter Pokemon are a real pain to catch at higher levels.

Edit: I saw a Plusle earlier, so it looks like that switch didn't happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Psychobabble! posted:

That's what I thought, but last night this popped up on the scanner at 1:14, notice that it has no weather boost(it was cloudy at the time):

So naturally I went over to get it because I wanted that fail whale, drat it, and it was close by. When I got there at 1:35, I got this weather boosted guy:

I was actually pretty bummed about it, tbh.

Anyways, so I'm leaning towards half an hour changes, or that they're at least possible if the weather changes but I haven't paid much attention to it. All I have to go on are those screenshots taken 20 mins apart that were in relatively close proximity to each other(about 1-2 miles)

I actually went to the lone Wailmer nest around Seattle and my cell service crapped out :(

• Locked thread