Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Still, it's pretty bullshit to have these exceedingly rare events last for a couple hours when people have, you know, lives and poo poo.

I went to my local park and captured a few dozen Dratinis. No shinies and I haven't checked the IVs, but I finally had enough candies to evolve my Dragonair that I've walked ~80km with over the last several months. 96%, Dragon Claw and Draco Meteor. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

dwarf74 posted:

Similarly now that I need to make an Excellent curve, wailmers have vanished.

loving this. I was practicing like crazy because I thought the quest was to make 3 excellent curveballs in a row, so I was actually super relieved when I finally got the quest today and I just had to make one. Actually landed one on a Pidgey by a complete fluke, and went on to finish everything and get my damned Mew.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, apparently this was an update a few months ago. Potions drop almost exclusively from gyms rather than normal pokestops. It sucks, so I've just had to expand my walking around to try and compensate.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Welp, caught well over a hundred larvitars over the full three hours. Got four shinies including the very first pokemon of the day, but got nothing over 91% so my old 93% that I hatched about a year ago is still the baddest mutha on the block, even without Smackdown.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth here, but why the hell are we getting a Squirtle community event day after we've had at least 2 weeks of tons and tons of water pokemon? I went from only having the Squirtles I've hatched to being able to evolve two Blastoises after seeing a shitton of them in the wild.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Vegastar posted:

Gifts just got nerfed super hard. 20 cap remains in place.

The "stacks" you roll 3 or 4 of from most gifts now:

Regular Ball 5 > 3
Great Ball 5 > 2
Ultra Ball 5 > 1
Regular Potion 2 > 1
Super Potion 2 > 1
Hyper Potion 2 > 1
Max Potion 2 > 1
Revive 2 > 1
Max Revive 2 > 1
Pinap Berry 10 > 2

Yeah, like most of you I think this is definitely a good thing. I've thrown away more berries, balls and potions in the last couple days than I have in the last month. What I'd really like to see at this point is either an increase in the number of eggs you can carry, or even the ability to buy more infinite incubators. Make it something stupid like $10, or even just limit them to 1 or 2 per account, but this whole having to spend all my coins on incubators every month or so just to clear space is murder.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

There's a pattern for what's next. It'll be the first (in Pokedex) triple evolve in gen3 that pops out of a 10k. Slaking or lotad I am not sure.

After that it's the loser grass gen2 starter.

Shouldn't we be getting Bagon at some point soon? Seems like the big, bad dragon evolution line is part of the pattern too since we got Dratini and Larvitar day. I know Larvitar's rock/dark but it looks like a kaiju so it's close enough.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Does anyone know how exactly TMs work? I blew 4 charge TMs trying to get Outrage on Rayquaza but it just kept bouncing between Aerial Ace and Ancient Power, so either it changes between two different attacks and not every one the pokemon has access to, or I was just incredibly unlucky.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

See all this is why you should only put your mons in gyms that have open slots. No wasted time, less chance of someone flipping back

You can do it at full speed as drive by, too. Very useful

Unless you're Instinct. :negative:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

gf got miffed that i kept calling whatever the legendary is this month "shocko doggo"

clearly that means i'm not going to stop

My Arcanine since the game first came out has been Doge Caliente, but I may have to move that name over to Entei.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

I've noticed that Sunkerns are little bastards too. Statistically the absolute worst pokemon in the entire series, but if I see one with ~200CP it's bright yellow with a regular pokeball. Making them require a sunstone to evolve is just another gently caress You on top of the sundae.

• Locked thread