Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Just hatched a mantine from an egg I got today. Damnit, all gen3 was nice while it lasted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Got Solrock here in AZ.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

I love this, and gently caress the people who see an all but one Eeveeloution gym and throw in a loving Snorlax.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So there was a snafu at a Mewtwo raid today. Was held at a Sprint at the local mall. But see, there are two Sprints there at opposite ends of the mall, and one set of elevators and escalators are down and have been for a month.

Discord chat set up, and 2-3 people chimed in that they'd be about 10 minutes off, and to please wait. Standard protocol is to set a start time, but somehow that failed to happen, and the group from Discord already there decided to jump in with about 5 other people who had shown up. End result was the 3 people got to the wrong Sprint, ran to the right Sprint, texting the entire time, and arrived to the right gym right as they were trying to catch him.

Needless to say a lot of people are pissed off at the idiots who ignored basic texts. The Discord head dude said he'd kick out the people who went ahead and did the raid and ignored the texts if this happened again.

Any news on a V Day event? I am hoping for double candy, I got like 40 sloths to turn in.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Isn't today Mewtwo's birthday? Why not pull a typical Niantic move and just have him hatch out of all legendary eggs for the day?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Darth TNT posted:

Oh man, this ex raid wave is great. :suspense:

People have been getting passes to tiny towns in bumfuck nowhere 200kms away.

I'm kind of surprised I didn't get one for the single raid I did for the Anaheim event.

My friend is on her 4th pass despite raiding maybe once a month.

I get the idea of a lot of these raids are not going to have enough people.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I want trading because I need to thin out my final forms. I got like 8 Charizards and 7 Blastoises and a dozen Nidokings from mass evolves and I don't want to chuck them for 1-2 candy.

I'd also like to give people who haven't got one yet a Dratini or sloth or whatever impossible to find/hatch one is for them.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Niantic gonna Niantic. It would have been so much easier to just put Mewtwo in every tier 5 yesterday without explaining why until the very end of the day.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Parrotine posted:

Get bent, siesta duck is magical :colbert:

Fiesta Duck. He dances, not sleeps.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So we're looking at no valentine event?

Other than dragon and Ice what is good against the new legendary?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

I think this is the Valentine event.

Damnit I wanted double candy and pink pokemon and better walking distance.

Funny how it ends right before V day though. Maybe I'll wait to hatch some eggs.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

DeadlyHalibut posted:

I think there'll be a valentines event. I mean it makes sense, the 6h lures last until 23rd and this event is only 4 days.

So the question is should I hold on to the 8 10 K I've been hoarding for the past month or should I try and hatch them ASAP to get new eggs?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Motherfuck. I thought the eggs from today after event launch were supposed to be new mon or gen3? I got a 2k about 6pm AZ time and it hatched to a loving Shellder.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Mustached Demon posted:

Everyone knows you don't control Pokemon--especially one as powerful as Mewtwo. They're your partner you treat with respect and love.

gently caress, with Mewtwo you admit upfront he is way cooler than you and can you please be his manservant.

Master Mewtwo, I will battle this Shuckle for you!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Fun fact of the day: a dude at a raid accused me of spoofing because I have two Slakings and a Ludicolo. Explaining to him how I used about all my candy seemed to help. Same dude also has multiple accounts and thinks anyone who uses a scanner is cheating....even if that is how everyone organizes a drat raid.

Did a small raid train today, maybe 7 raids total? But they were all within a four mile radius, everyone was super cool about doing both legendaries and any other ones we could hit on a lucky egg, and several new people were in the group, and the ones who didn't have either Ray or Kyorge caught them both, same with an Absol raid. Had one dude admit to me he actually drove 20 miles to our side of town because he heard the raid group was active and cool, and complimented me on running a good train. I had to admit we got dumb lucky with all the close raids. The only down thing was when we had to jump out of a raid once, and several people didn't fully leave, then realized after we all beat the legendary that they were in the wrong group.

Pointed some people in the direction of a Solrock, and most everyone caught the 100% Treeko that popped a few blocks from a raid site.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Went to Walmart today and caught a shiny Swablu. Those fuckers do have everything!

The event ends tomorrow, right? Any idea on time?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't mind the disc if my loving Pogo plus would work. I've unpaired and repaired it and the loving thing still will not connect, or if it does, it loses connection after one ball thrown.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Trapinch is ground, right? That might be why we see it so often in Phoenix.

The nests all changed again yesterday. Even though the ones near me suck, please please don't change until next Wednesday, which would be the normal rotation!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Away all Goats posted:

Your battery is low, despite what the icon tells you. Switch in a new one.

You were right, thanks!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Mustached Demon posted:

Year of the doggo. Who let the dogs out?

Missed opportunity to bring back the legendary dogs.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
2 almost maxed out Dragonites, 1 undermaxed, and 2 candy. I need to catch a fuckton of Dratini.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Did a RayRay raid the other night and a dude there saw me with the scanning map and called it out as cheating. I asked him how the gently caress we're supposed to organize raids without an in-game method. He had no answer. He does, however, and I called him out on it, have multiple accounts, though he swears he doesn't shave gyms and only uses them for raiding.....and he has one phone.

He's a relatively new player though, and said he almost reported me for spoofing because I had a Kangaskan in a gym. Several people backed me up on the Anaheim event, and he still wasn't too sure.

Same dude later asked if we could be friends on Discord so we could 'talk, you know, Pokemon stuff.' I wanted to tell this rear end in a top hat that PUA negging doesn't work on women in general....and on lesbians, far less so.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Here is how not to do an EX raid.

1. Pick a start time. Our raid was from 1pm-1:45pm at a Sprint in the local mall. We settled on 1:15.

2. Organize the meeting place. The Sprint had access from top floor and bottom. We met at the bottom. Another group met at the top.

3. Have your devices ready. At 12:50 we had a group of 6 accounts (one dude has his, his daughter's, and granddaughter's, the latter on a tablet, and she did not have a Mewtwo. The other two accounts on phones did). We kept the start time at 1:15 despite seeing people jump into the raid, figuring out the group had formed upstairs.

3a. The ipad the granddaughter's account was on kept shutting off online wifi. Dude said he got better service upstairs so the group went to go up. Three people refused because they already had seats and didn't want to stand in the food court. Another guy said cool, he'd give the signal to jump.

3b. Dude with three accounts, signal dude, and I all went upstairs about 1:10. For the next six minutes 3Dude could not loving get the ipad to work on any hotspot or wifi. Signal dude forgot his job, so at 1:16 the countdown was almost over. Finally ipad worked, we jumped in. I ended up in the downstairs raid party. Signal dude and 3Dude missed that window and found themselves in their own raid.

3c. The three of us hurry downstairs to try and get the other group to quit, but Mewtwo was already half over and no one wanted to jump. Me, being stupid, volunteered to, and helped the group get him into the red before I jumped out, so we'd have enough in the second group.

3d. 3Dude's ipad isn't working again. He waits until I have jumped out to say so.

4. Do not rely on latecomers to save your sorry asses.

5. Do not rely on spotty hotspots where you often have trouble getting an old ipad to connect.

After some arguing we decide to try and four-man the raid. We lost horribly. 15 minutes left now, and 3Dude keeps trying to get the ipad to work. He refuses to use that account on any of the phones because his granddaughter is stupid low level. The first raid group starts to leave, seeing we aren't going to have a happy ending.

Finally ipad works. We barely beat the fucker. 3Dude catches on his account on the first ball and then brags that it's his 6th Mewtwo.

6. Remember the gently caress out of 3Dude so next time we do a raid together, I will not wait for his sorry loving late rear end.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I wish we could give the passes away. So many in my raid train haven't gotten one!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Kheldarn posted:

So, um... is there a Lure event going on? Because I put one down tonight, and it lasted for at least an hour and a half. We left after that much time had passed, because we were hungry.

they are still on the 6 hour timers till friday, i believe.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I just want a loving Transfer Pass button.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Three shinies, but I only evolved two because Dragonaire is so drat pretty.

How can they top this for March? Unown?

PLEASE BE THE SECOND OR FOURTH SATURDAY PLEASE....I have a convention on the third and am running registration all day.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

TheMaestroso posted:

I just want a double candy or double xp event so I can clear out 100+ slots in my storage, already.

Double candy. I got like 40 sloths.

Really Niantic? The fourth Saturday? Assholes. At least it's Bulbasaur so I won't miss much.

Suck part, the hotel across the street from our expo has two stops. We got none.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Willsun posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't March 25th this year a Sunday? I'm grateful for a Sunday because that's for sure a day off and I think the Venn diagram crossover of people not being able to play because of church on Sunday versus people not being able to because of work on Saturday is a lot smaller.

Holy poo poo you're right! All right, I'm down.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Of course with me only needing 80 more Pikachu to get my gold medal, is when I have the flu and can barely make it out of bed.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So I just did an inventory on my starter candy for Gen 1. Assuming I can get a shiny of each when they release I have enough already for one Venusaur, two Charizard's and two Blastoise. Let's do this.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

mastershakeman posted:

seeing claydol and aerodacytl raids

Eggie and Alakazam seem to be back, anyone else?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Dude on Facebook is bragging that he just hit 40. He started playing 5 months ago, uses no scanners and insists he doesn't spoof. But he does spend a lot of money.

I just....how is that even fun?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I still want a Jessie/James white rocket outfit.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Yeah my groups aren't so thrilled with another repeat. At least it gives us time to relax and save some passes.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Once I got my first one, I was done. I only go to the x-raids now to see if they need one or two more people actually beat the guy. One group had like four people that were all under level 30, so I joined in with a few other high thirties and they were all able to get him.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Same with the shiny Lugias now. I did about 5 raids today and only one person out of those raids got a shiny. The

So what do I do to connect my loving plus? I got a new battery but the old one was working great, said the dude at the battery store, but even with unpairing and repairing and everything, the loving thing won't connect. It only flashes a white light.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I can't say this enough, but please watch your loving kids when raiding! A kid ran in front of my car yesterday while his parents wandered some feet behind, and two others physically grabbed me and yanked my arm down to check my phone. I'm a girl so apparently they aren't worried about Bad Touch from Strangers but loving hell I shouldn't have to tell a ten year old not to grab me.

Also, please tell your kids to still be careful about strangers! Don't tell complete strangers where you live and go to school or how old and the names of all your siblings!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
In the past five Lugia raids I've done there's been not a single shiny. Burnout in the group happened fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Welp looks like raids are off this weekend. Way to go Niantic!

• Locked thread