Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Bunk Rogers posted:

Ghosts and dittos have been scarce in NoVA as well. I’ve caught one ghost in three weeks.

The dumb thing is here in Phoenix, the last nest rote and this one, we got two fast ghost spawning nests, but my friends who need ghosts don't want to drive there. Dude, it's a 20 minute drive, do it early, catch your loving 10 ghosts and be done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Or get rid of the drat thing entirely. I'd much rather there be no EX raids and Mewtwo is the next challenge research.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Shellder now in raids. I assume Lapras is back too?

I need shiny Lapras.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

Hope that doesn't have blizzard!

When the dragon egg tree first came out, and right before he disappeared, we were doing a ho raid, and I threw in my giant tree dragon as a first Pokemon just so everyone could see the size difference. Of course if that guy has blizzard, is probably a quick one shot and a ring of people screaming nooo.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
This Saturday looks to be interesting. My coworker has to work, and his ex won't take the kid out anywhere to get Larvitar, so I'll be taking his phone and playing for him. Then my niece won't be back in time to play, where she is currently there's absolutely nothing spawning, so I have to get another phone to play for her. Thankfully my mom said I can use her cell phone, and in the midst of all this I've got to play with my own account on my own phone. I might look like one of those Goobers with one account per team. Yay.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I can never remember what rock is good against as compared to ground. I never played Pokemon before Go so learning who was weak to what, I still can't keep them all straight!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

fin posted:

I'm in New England and this was the FIRST event, except an unseasonably nice Pikachu day in January, that was really nice enough to really get out and walk around. My husband & I discretely placed little pokemon figures around the main park and main street, and around side streets with gyms & stops, as we played. From local FB feedback, the kids (and bigger kids) really enjoyed finding them along with their larvitars today. Quick shout out to whoever it was in these threads (maybe Cowslips, I'm sorry - I don't remember!) who gave me the idea from doing similar at raid(s) or something. I stole your idea, so Thanks! It was a hit and we plan to do it again next community day. :)

Also, the shiny shelder I caught made up for just 4 measly shiny larvitars. Overall win!

It might have been me, yeah I was passing out little figures and stickers the first few Community Days. Sadly with it being so hot out right now, I'm afraid the figures might get stuck or melted somewhere at the parks!

The last two were so Community days I've passed out stickers everyone I saw playing, but it's been difficult and I couldn't do it today because I had my account and a friend's account, we didn't run into too many people that were playing.

Come November Etc I'll be able to leave a little figures out of parks again which is a good thing, I just found another bag full of them!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Squirtle Squad glasses not shiny! Hear the people, Niantic!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I am so down for this.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
On one hand, finally. On the other, we could just have more Farfetch style catch events to spread out regionals and everyone would be cool.

There's already people on my Facebook and Reddit feeds offering money for certain shinies and legendaries.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Boo. Glasses, not shiny!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
gently caress it why not.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I cannot loving land a hit on Regice. Like, how is the circle up at the top of his loving head?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Over 135 friends. I took myself off the doc list because I have close to 50 gift boxes chilling....and local requests every day!

I need a way to sort friends, Niantic!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My friend is not a goon but would love friends outside the US! Her number is 271169773781.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Is the doc closed down? Or did I lose access?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Can I get a link to the spreadsheet again please? The Old Link just says it can't be found?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Wait. I think I had one of those lightbulb moments. Say I hatch some Alohan Pokemon from goons, from say Norway and Australia, and then if I trade those to people here where I live in the US, would that add to their pilot's badge? And mine too?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I added AZ to my buddy so hopefully it's easier for international goons to know when they're getting an international gift. Maybe we should have that be a rule?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I need a way to search my friends, seriously.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Got my Mr. Mime finally! And traded a bunch of international mons to a chill dude.

Note: if you have a mon favorite'd, it will be gray for trades.

Note: Alohan forms count as new mon.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Any AZ goons, where are you going for community day? Because I'll be at Arrowhead Mall and down for trades. And possibly Pokemon stickers.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I dont care if I hatch a million Rats from the eggs if they come from other countries! Distance medal, here I come...

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I love the anger of people who can't find Lunatone, say that they drive around every night to find Lunatone, and are the same fuckers who hated the maps and called it cheating.

The sweet sweet tears.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Goons, please please please change your buddy name to include your location! I hate getting eggs from people in my same city. 😟

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
That exactly. I only aim for 7ks from international goons because no one sane wants to trade a AZ Rattata for another, but people will trade when they are from another country or state/

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
yeah add yourself to the spreadsheet (and please add your country to the buddy name!) and get ready for presents!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My discord group says you can only get the Squirtle Squad mon by doing research tasks? Verified?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

My entire community met at a mall, then we ended up kind of splitting up by teams, then a miscommunication fragmented us even more. But it was all good. I was with 6 others for most of the time and we just were chill, said where to go as we wrapped up and kept the train going. Eventually I stopped early because I just too drat hungry.

A whole lot of people are salty about not getting shinies. I'm starting to think people don't understand the point of shinies anymore :thunk:

I think it's that with trading, some people really really want that edge for another good trade. A shiny legendary is pretty high.

It was over 110 here today and people were raiding like mad. I did four raids inside a mall and called it quits. Even for a shiny loving Dragonite, it's too drat hot.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So rumor mills say Ralts is the next mon for the community day?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

pod6isjerks posted:

I am absolutely powering up my shiny shades Blastoise too. He will reign supreme over gyms across the land.

Glad they're popular! There's a good chance I'll be leaving Tbilisi in the next few weeks so, if anyone hasn't gotten a squiggly word postcard or Georgian mon for their collection let me know and I'll try to prioritize you for my next gifting spree.

Are you going to somewhere as equally cool, because I love these postcards, and people never believe me when I say I have mon from the country of Georgia?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Come on guys, is there any chance is actually goes off okay we don't have a repeat of last year?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Eevee confirmed for August and all the people on FB pages are losing their poo poo because 'it was supposed to be Ralts!'

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Does this mean Go Fest actually is going okay this year?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So we beat the professor's challenge and now we get what, and when?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

time to stop accepting gifts and try to get as many 10km eggs as i can over the course of this week

Good idea! I got 2 10ks now and the rest 7s.

Of course if we use the special incubators....drat.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Start time is usual for the event goodies, I imagine, 1pm PST tomorrow? I don't want to throw eggs in incubators early.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'll actually chime in as a lvl 40 and say it kinda sucks hitting the top bar because all the xp events don't mean much. I don't want to set up another account so I plug along and try to fill my dex. The raid trains get you high fast.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Any AZ goons needing a Mewtwo, get me your friend code, I will trade you one when we hit level 3 friendship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My friend does not play POGO. Yesterday he took me out to dinner for my birthday, and as we head over, I see a Raichu raid at a nearby store. "We need to go there! I need that Pokemon!"

So he did a U-turn, spun us to the store, and waited for me to battle and catch it, even with the game glitching and me getting mad, only to find Raichu chilling in my inventory.

Best early bday present ever.

• Locked thread