Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
All of us will be Ultra Best Friends with pod6 before anyone local.

Which is loving sweet by me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Every four raid today has been loving Ttar or Absol.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Noxville posted:

Had no idea you could get alolan digletts out of the 7k eggs until I hatched one just now. I assume the geodudes are available now too?

Yes.

Now they need to put in the dragoneggtree!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Someone at work compared Pokemon Go to starting WoW. Because of the grind. I told them Niantic sucks, but at least we get multiple events and eggs and random poo poo that isn't walking in a circle. Raids, gym battles, all of which you can do at what, lvl 10 now?

Grinding in POGO is from 37 onward. Or if you play and ignore the events.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

systemchronos posted:

Hello everyone, I'm from South East Asia so add me if you want gifts from faraway. There is a pokestop just outside my apartment so I should be able to get gifts for everyone, if you don't mind gifts from the same stop everyday.

I've also added my code to the link in the OP.

0813 0494 8865

Added you if you want some sweet AZ miles.

When are lucky mon coming?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Made a mistake and tried to do a Surfboard Raichu on my way to work, and botched it. Had the thing hatched 5 minutes sooner....ah well.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

Apparently it comes from the "evolve a meowth" task. So all those trash alola Meowths you got are suddenly more valuable :v:

I.

I feel so dumb for not thinking of this sooner. Now to find that task! Thank you goon!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Let's also not forget that there's so much drat drama about organizing the drat raid. Some people do a start time, others jump as soon as he hatches, but either way it can be a cluster when there is no way in game to organize. I use discord but a lot of people use other platforms, so good luck getting everyone on the same page!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Tried to help a dude tonight get a Mr Mime, connecting people from Discord to Messenger. The guy who had one for trade only wanted Moltres or Mewtwo. Somehow they were both shocked at the amount of stardust needed.

I got my Tropius today. I don't care if he sucks, I got my bananachin dinosaur!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I have multiple Mewtwos and all but two are set aside for trading.

The EX system is poo poo, pure and simple. It has been a money grab from the start, when all Niantic literally had to do was be honest in the beta testing, or better yet, have made it a Mew-like quest. People seem to find doing steps of a quest, even when it includes doing 10 raids for step one, better than raiding nonstop to get no advancement.

And when I say money grab, I don't mean boohoo the company wants to make moneeeeeey, but they did it in such a poo poo way a lot of people got burned out, me included. Nothing like raiding like crazy, buying passes to raid more, only for the same four people to get the Ex pass when you all did the same loving raids.

Aside from that, is Spinda the same form this week?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

But... We're in the same country 😭. God drat Niantic

Your best bet is to check your local Discord. We have a super active trade set on my local page.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Traded someone a Lapras today, because she's not in eggs anymore or raids, and the poor girl was so mad she couldn't get one due to missing the water event. She was loving stoked when I traded her one, and I asked for a rat, a normal cheap non rare rat, because gently caress it, I can always use a rat. I like those kinds of trades, where it's cheap stardust wise, and it gets me a few km, and the other person is flipping out in happiness.

Sadly almost all my Anaheim khan are gone. Traded one for a Mime, one for a Torkoal, and one for a Wurmple. The last was to a friend who can't play much. He owes me one.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

pubic works project posted:

I finally evolved a Dragonite!!!

Woot! Show us the beast!

edit: is there a point to Umbreon or Espeon having last resort? Also, any confirms that the name change will work again?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I heard that the stops don't give shiny quests, unlike the Squirtle day?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I just realized my mom started an account last year and never used the name trick, because she never caught an Eevee. I might need to take that account tomorrow and level it the gently caress up. And catch a few shinies!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I would kill for an Unown community day.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I love the legendaries Suicide and Groupon.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Can we all sit down and agree that Unown needs to be put into eggs?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Psychobabble! posted:

Personally I can't wait till all the people who rejoined when friends got added lose interest and quit again. Ever since friends were rolled out this thread has been full of whiny tone-police types, as well as people asking super easy to Google questions.

edit for content:

I don't, actually. I think they serve being event pokemon very well, and with trading(assuming you have an active community), they're not unobtainable for those that just want the entry.

27 different entries is a lot.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I hate idiots who argue about the minimum needed for a raid. A Alohan Marowak popped, and an idiot in Discord kept insisting you only need 2 people to do it (though she has never done a Marowak raid before). I told her at least 5, maybe 6-8 to be safe because there is no double weakness, and the weather here changes fast. She went on for a full 10 minutes, never committing to showing up, but argued that I wanted too many people. Another person said three is doable, but super tight.

So of course she kept wishywashy about showing up, so the people that did didn't have enough. I stayed home, there's no point being 'super tight' if we have no real chance.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Kharmakazy posted:

You don't come off any better than her in that story.

You argued with a person interested in the raid that there weren't enough people, and then neither of you showed up causing there to not be enough people.

Usually I'd agree with you. But I've done many Wak raids with 3 other people in the mid to high 30's and we didn't have enough. gently caress, I did a raid with 4 people and with 5 more seconds we would have beaten him.

The only difference is that I never confirmed I'd be there, only that we needed more people. The other girl argued about how many we'd need after saying she'd show up (then changed her mind, then back again) and then in the last ten minutes said she wouldn't be coming after the needed three were confirmed, rip.

I shouldn't be surprised, she's done this at other raids but always when she already had the mon. Since she didn't have this one, I assumed she'd show up, instead of argue, then say she'd be there, only to back out once they had three people confirmed, and by then it was too late.

It was just one of those clusters where if people had confirmed they'd be coming within twenty minutes of the hatch, we could have done it. But only one person confirmed, then he never showed up or posted again, and then the girl started in about only needing 2 people halfway through the raid, so time ran out.

edit: Same girl now wants to do a carpool raid party, because 'she can never get a tier 4 or 5 done.' People are gonna people.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Aug 19, 2018

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I don't know, the only thing I can think is that they lied about their levels.

I do remember some people coming to a Regi raid who were surprised we 'let' them raid with us because they were all 20/25 and we were high 30's or 40. I mean, unless you have over 20 people, then you just split up instead of say people can't raid because they're low level.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

it'd be insanely funny if you needed all three regis to raid regigigas

The gently caress is that thing.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Trade is 1:1 but if few people have Mime in your area, you can easily do something where you give them a Mime and 4 pidgeys and they trade you 5 Machops.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
What does it mean, catch a Pokemon for three straight days, but catch the same one 3 days in a row?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I love EX raid drama. I wasn't at the actual raid but Discord blew up. The usual rule is that Discord starts 15 after hatch, to give people time to get there, so if you confirm in Discord, you wait the 15 minutes. If no one confirms, you go in whenever. So the group was setting up, a few other people not in Discord showed, and the wife of a dude in Discord lost her poo poo and started screaming because she was hungry and this was taking forever and he needed to raid RIGHT NOW. So he jumped in with the rest of the non-Discords, who were counting on him, so when they showed up and were short two accounts...

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Oh then get the lotion, I got another for you!

The weekend before the Eevee event was, what, Registeel? A legendary raid popped at a local park, and a group forms, some Discord, some not, but no one set a start time (this is important). So some idiot decides for us all to jump in, only for people to realize we have 25 people. Okay, split the groups! I call valor, another calls instinct, and then people start jumping back in the raid without actually splitting up. Nice move, ace, they just wanted to lose a few people to get the rest of their friends in.

Now we have about 4 people out (a few people left), and a Discord girl asks for some of the Discord people to jump out of the 20 man raid to help us, but they ignore us. Okay, fine, we got lucky because more people came, but the best part was after the first group was done, two goon stereotypes wandered over to our group and started asking where we were going for Eevee day because they were looking for a group to play with. They didn't get that we were ignoring them until someone finally told them to gently caress off, you couldn't be bothered to raid with us and now you want to play period? And asking if we had regionals to trade? gently caress the gently caress off and go play with....oh the rest of your 18 man group left you.

Even better was the fact that some of the Discord guys who stayed in the big group had been begging for friend requests for regional trading or for shinies, and later in Discord were puzzled at the fact that all their trades were now off.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Yes it has to be running, but I do have my phone screen off in my pocket and it seems to work fine most of the time.

It's funny, I have an extra gotcha that I never opened because my go plus started working, and quite a few local people want to buy it, but they don't want to pay anything over $30, when all the ones I see online or closer to 50, and I'm only asking 40. Ah well.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
When does this stupid Johto event end? I'm so sick of all the special research being garbage.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Final Celebi tasks released:

quote:

The mythical Celebi appears after completing the step seven tasks, which includes catching 40 Grass- or Psychic-type Pokemon, earn a Gold Johto medal and make an excellent curveball throw.

Completing all these tasks also provides you with around 12,000EXP, making it a juicy option just for that.

After completing these tasks, the Celebi encounter begins, and it’s crucial to catch it to move onto step eight.

The official rewards for step seven are as follows: Celebi encounter, one TM, and 10 Silver Pinap Berries.

The final task in step eight is catching Celebi, so if this has been done, you should receive another XP drop, as well as 5500 stardust, a super incubator and 20 Celebi Candy.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

put both hands in posted:

yo, i need new friends for that quest thing. if you want someone from hobart, tasmania add me on 1775 6180 9112

Prepare for a ton of Starbucks gifts from AZ. I love gifts from the outback, max km distance!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Well fine then, what do you Aussies call Phoenix AZ? Aussie Light?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
With all the name issues how do I have an army of Bitchtits machamps?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
New Spinda form is 3, you get it from a great curveball, per reddit.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Four stops within 3 miles all had the new Spinda task.

I fear the next Spinda will be 2-3 great curves in a row.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So in regards to special trades, if I have a shiny Pikachu, and evolve it, now shiny Raichu, and work out a trade with someone where they're going to trade me a shiny Pikachu, would that still count is a shiny special trade in terms of stardust, or just a regular special trade when he wants a non shiny back?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Beastyfella posted:

Good event overall. We both got a few shiny wingull, and I caught a shiny snubbull last night.

I'm surprised that the goon collective here hasn't created a couple throwaway accounts to pass around so everyone can get regionals.

We have a few people in town that travel enough, but I don't have any shinies I want to trade for most of them.

....because you have to be close to someone to trade with them? I think I have all the regionals now, it's a matter of rebuilding up a good trade army now.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Trading is weird. I met with a dude who was walking Mareep (he missed the event) and was so bummed about not having an Ampharos. I told him I'd trade him one of my spares for whatever extra mon he had (he had a single sunglasses Wartortle but I told him to save it for a better trade later), and we got luckys from it, but he was very meh about the entire thing, didn't even thank me.

Compared to an older lady who wanted a sloth, and lost her poo poo when I said I'd trade her one for a Pidgey, and about broke my ribs hugging me after. Or my coworker who really wanted an Alohan Marowak but couldn't raid, and he was so drat happy when I traded him for something small. gently caress, my friend about cried when I traded her a Alohan Vulpix for something garbage because she really wanted one and hadn't hatched any out of something like 40 eggs, and I had hatched 2-3 before they went super rare.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So so so sick of the loving popups!

Anyone else been finding a lot more Spinda 3 tasks than 8?

Also, got my excellent curveball on a Spinda 3. I had been trying all day on the usual mon then hit that fucker last night in the bathroom. I almost screamed because just hitting any curveball is not a promise for me.

Now to find 30 Roselia....there's no Abra around and I cannot think of any other psychic that nest, Jynx?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

So the person you live with does something lovely to the neighbors, and in the process of smoothing it over, you find out one of said neighbors is a PoGo player. Is a gift of a Mr. Mime a proper, "I'm sorry, and it won't happen again," gesture?

Asking for a friend.

As long as you're not in Europe, I say yes.

Offer a slakoth to be sure.

• Locked thread