Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

TheMaestroso posted:

Caught my second Kyogre out of two :v:

I am 0 for 5 and saltier about that than never getting an EX pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

dwarf74 posted:

Two kyogre raids in sequence. Zero caught kyogres. :(

I'm 0 for 9 homie. I feel your pain. Got a couple weeks yet, just discouraging since I haven't had this awful of a record since Articuno.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Steve Jorbs posted:

I'm 1/1 on Kyogre, but he's got straight 10s for IVs.

That's cool cause I'm 0/10.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam
I've been unable to log in since the latest update. Since the update that crashed the scanners I'd often get the "incompatible OS" message when switching apps, but a quick cache clear would fix it for a bit. Since the latest it pops that message right after the allow camera access prompt, regardless of whether I accept or deny those permissions.

Guess I gotta put this on my work phone.

Oyster fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Mar 30, 2018

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Psion posted:

honestly never feel bad about junking a piece of Field Research, just make sure you have an easy one for a daily stamp and then who cares

one of the more dedicated players I know has a go+ and cannot do the streaks for their life on anything other than a legendary raid boss, because they just never catch trash manually. It's kinda funny.

This is me and it really is funny.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

FrensaGeran posted:

Do we know how much candy Rhyperior will cost? My guess was 400 since it's pretty strong.

Big Pimp Honchkrow better cost 1,000 candies.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

DizzyBum posted:

Anyone in here playing on a Moto X4? Thoughts? I'm considering upgrading from my old and tired Nexus 5X, which has just been making GBS threads the bed lately. Half the time I load the game, the framerate dips down to unplayable levels.

Have you tried formatting it? I had huge issues with my Nexus 6 (not 6P, just vanilla 6) formatted it and everything has been lovely so I can continue to hold out for the Pixel 3.

Granted, if you're due for an upgrade anyway that won't help, but if the sole reason you're looking to upgrade is poo poo Pogo performance like I was, try that.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Julio Cruz posted:

This event does nothing for me because I live in a heavy water biome, but hey 3x dust is cool I guess.

Not only a chance for a giant purple ball whale, but also a giant purple murder whale.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Noxville posted:

Man some people are so angry and impatient in the replies, you’d think after waiting two years another few hours/a day or two would be no biggie.

Here's my favorite sequence:

https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1009840001415307265

https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1009875202832990209

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam
Question for all you people that are way more dedicated than me:

Can gifts be sent remotely, or are they like trading in that it's local only?

I'm basically wondering if it's worth bothering adding friends on the other side of the country to gift them faticates.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Maker Of Shoes posted:

its down to 33 but im 31 so welp

Level 30 is live get on and get gifts.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Away all Goats posted:

Maybe it's an android thing? I can't paste numbers in the friend request box.

It is a specific version of android thing, and phone model may play in as well. I have a Nexus 6 and it deletes anything I have when I switch apps. A friend with a Pixel 2 does not have that issue.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam
I intended to only be friends with people in my raid group or that I could realistically trade with.

I now realize that was a horrible mistake and should be flinging gifts all around the world, so I'm on the sheet. Whoo.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Dr Tran posted:

Which Kyogre should I power up:

15A/10D/15S or 15A/12D/14S

The first one. There's some meta-analysis that says lower defense with higher stamina might get you an extra charge attack in a raid.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

seiferguy posted:

2k eggs can hatch shinies. Shiny Togepi comes from there. It's rare as hell but my girlfriend has 2 of them for some reason!

I hatched a shiny Wynaut out of a 5k about a month ago. It will forever be the pink topper at the gym next to my work. While I'm at work, anyway.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam
174 eevees.

not a single goddamn one shiny.

One dude was wearing a shirt that said "of all the flavors, why would you choose salty?"

I showed him.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam
I just added a bunch of people from the list because apparently none of my 86 friends count :mad:

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Siets posted:

Is it time for a Johto thread title?

Pokemon GO: Something something Johto game still dead.

edit: Seriously how the hell do you wordplay off of Johto? :psyduck:

The last thread was "Johto's Bizarre Adventure"

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

kensei posted:

All you have to do to throw a curve is trace a six with your finger, start where the circle starts and work your way around to the top of the six. You don't have to spin the ball fast or anything.

Valicious posted:

( I can’t use my hands, so all interaction with the phone screen is made with my nose.)

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

omnibobb posted:

I can confirm the actual quest is to get two eevee candy from walking. I started that quest with about 4 KM on my Eevee and when it ticked over to 5 and I got the candy, the progress bar is at 1 of 2.

Additionally, if you get the glitch that gives two candies when it rolls over that 5km, it autocompletes. I did both the Espeon and Umbreon 10k walks in 5k that way.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Duckman2008 posted:

So I finally have been re naming some of my Pokémon on specific movesets, and I ran into a fun one:

I got a Tyranitar on community day, so I went to label that Pokémon “Smackdown.” Well, apparently Niantic doesn’t like that, a text comes up that says “that name contains inappropriate text” and you just can’t name it that.

So, beyond the whole censorship part (which is dumb but whatever) I’m just like, well why did you let Tyranitar learn an inappropriate attack then?

And hopefully it’s everyone, and I didn’t turn on some parental control accidentally.

I tried to name a Snorlax "Enola Gay" and that was inappropriate, but "Gay" is just fine.

Now he's named "Enola Găy", which apparently is quite dandy.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam
I would like to take this time to thank the Bowmore Kanga Company for their location and endorse their services. I'm puttin Kangas in the gyms all over downtown. Or at least 5 of them.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

seiferguy posted:

Threw in a Jolteon as the 2nd to last Pokemon to work on the gym theme then... of course

It's an -on, what more do you want?

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam
I just warped from Australia to the United States in an hour and a half without a softban. Gonna see how close I can shave that timer, because what else is there to do in this game right now.

(by warped I mean a friendly goon in Australia was using my account)

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam
The timing on this is hilarious.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

bowmore posted:

right? haha

I went to the south end of the country where Heracross and Corsola spawn a couple months ago, logged into a friend's account, caught him one of each. Trading rolled out a week later.

This is just much worse than that.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

bowmore posted:

i’m glad I got all my regionals already from account sharing

ALL? Who'd you share with for tropius and relicanth, hit me up!

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam
Rolled up to an Articuno raid while traveling to a different site for work, didn't want to get out of my car because I was in a handicap spot, normally I just walk from work. There was a straggler on discord, but he said he was rounding the corner and to start the lobby. I hopped in, there were 3 people already in the lobby with 50 seconds left, probably people not on the discord that were hanging out in front of the gym. We battle, it ends, I take off to go to the site I was supposed to fix things for work. Looked at discord to see if anyone got a shiny and found a large string of insults directed at me and how the straggler didn't get in because I started the lobby early (I didn't, the pubbies did) and how I'm blacklisted from any raid he's in.

Some people in my normal raid group asked why he didn't tag someone asking to back out and assured him that I don't normally do that, and he went off on a tangent about "mansplaining" and how "he's probably not a bad person but he was already on my blacklist, now he's banned from this group, I'm done wasting dollars if he doesn't wait."

We're two days away from being ultra friends and I don't know what I did to get on his original blacklist(?), and the only mistake I made was not popping back to discord to make sure he was in, but it kinda sucks that several people not in my normal raid group bought into his diatribe. I get it, everyone has lost a pass because people started early and that sucks, but that's taking it to another level.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Away all Goats posted:

What, did he think the two of you were going to duo an articuno?

No, there were 4 people from discord. He didn't make it in, there were 7 total in the lobby.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

doingitwrong posted:

This is only a partial solution, but if you tap the Pokeball, then hit the News page to Notifications, they get marked as read and the flood of notifications stops.

You can also tap a notification to jump straight to that screen with the same effect.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

LumpyGumby posted:

Huh, realize Chimeco was so rare, I've got one I hatched and one I found.

Trade bait!

Chimecho's claim to fame is that you get 1,000 dust when you catch it. It's rare and has that bonus for.....some reason.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

either charge tms have had their rate greatly, greatly reduced or i am just incredibly unlucky because i did over 30 articuno raids during bird week and got zero charge tms the entire time, which was bullshit because it meant i never got a shadow ball mewto

Extremely unlucky I'd go with. I burned literally all my charge TMs on Moltres day giving TTars Stone Edge because I had zero with Smackdown, and now I'm back up to 20, even after getting 9 Mewtwos to Shadow Ball before it became legacy. I raid once, maybe twice per day.

Oyster fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Sep 30, 2018

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

DizzyBum posted:

If that's correct, my 100% Alakazam and I are pleased. :smug:

If that's correct, my 100% Lapras and I are crying. :cripes:

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam
Yo Hookshot pop an egg before you log in again I had no idea we were going to be ultra friends.

Also thanks for all those Olympic gifts.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Fake James posted:

There's Sinnoh Business Like Go Business

Thank you for making that insufferable quote tolerable and topical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Edward Mass posted:

Bidoof caught. New thread will be up when I get off of work.

Pokémon GO: It's not Snover yet

• Locked thread