Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Boy, did I choose a good time to come back to this game. I'm one of the beta testers and I stopped just before the original gyms were scrapped for the current ones. I came back a week ago in an effort to get my rear end outside to spend my gaming time getting more exercise instead of planting myself in front of Civ VI and Fire Emblem Heroes.

Some thoughts! There's a couple of extra stops and two gyms in my neighbourhood, which is a nice upgrade from zero (that also would have been great when I played Ingress) including one mere meters from my apartment. My old Dratini spawn area is long since dead, but it seems Ralts like to spawn near a gym a short walk away, which is nice. Are Ralts rare? They were rare in the GBA games. I like the Field Research mechanic. Having something to achieve is a lot of fun rather than just blindly walking around and I remember that was a thing people were asking for back in beta days. The weather mechanic is also very cool and it's one of the reasons why I got my rear end outside today. It's rainy season over here in Japan, so a sunny Saturday is not only a rare good day to go outside, but a good day to catch some sunny-related pokemans. Interacting with the gyms is largely the same, imo, but having them double as a stop is helpful. I do like that you can't stack 10 Snorlax on top of each other anymore and that actually keeping a pokemon in a gym is impossible unless you have berries out the rear end; the stalemates that plagued the original gyms were not fun and I'm glad they're gone. Raids are a nice idea but I don't plan anything with the "community" so all I got to do is hope that there's some folk around at the same time as me, which is a bit rare. There was today, though. I met a dad and his kids at that nearby Ralts gym and we dog-piled a Mawlie. Literally. With Flareon.

I am really disappointed that trading is not a thing yet. I still have about a dozen Kangaskhan from my trip back to Oz that I've been wanting to offload to some Japanese players, but I doubt I'm going to get a chance to do that before I go back for good in August.

As for this event, I didn't even know it was a thing! I went from never seeing a Larvitar to having a fully-evolved shiny Tyranitar with decent IVs in the space of an hour. It helped that the weather was partly cloudy too. Noice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Whatever, I just want to clear some space that this

*looks up collective noun for kangaroos*

mob is taking up.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
8110 8127 4520

I can't wait to hand out Kangaskhan to Japanese people like cheap cigars after work tonight!

• Locked thread