Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is this actually a popular character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Medievil on the PS4 Pro

now I can die

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It's not over ?

Jack Ratigan
Jan 26, 2005

...Ok
FOUR WHOLE KAY'S?!

Is that game even good? I never played it.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is this actually a popular character

the games were pretty fun on ps1, its definitely one of those franchises that was decently known/popular for a short span of years then completely fell off the face of the earth

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I expected more outta that, the load really was blown with E3 and PGW after all and FromSoft's one 2017 presentation promise of a multiplat showed up at TGA. Next E3 I guess :(

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i-is it over?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I'm definitely not gonna hang around to find out for sure

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Kinda Funny Games and other scheduled programming for tomorrow. It's not over for two days.

Jack Ratigan
Jan 26, 2005

...Ok
Meh. If I were expecting some, "something," I'd be super disappointed.

I'm sure people across the internet are throwing themselves from rooftops though.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
geoff keighley apparently has more pull than sony corporation i guess to get games

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

MrLonghair posted:

I expected more outta that, the load really was blown with E3 and PGW after all and FromSoft's one 2017 presentation promise of a multiplat showed up at TGW. Next E3 I guess :(

Ya like I said they hype up PGS instead of PSX. That's where they had their Ghost of Tsushima reveal and Last of Us 2 trailer there.

Also Sony doesn't have many free studios to make any big games. God Of War, Dreams, Last Of Us 2, Days Gone, Spiderman and Ghost of Tsushima. They don't have any other studio left. Guerilla games just finished Horizon dlc they probably starting on their next project.

Only possible BIG reveals would have been the new Fromsoft game, DMC5 or Square Enix Kingdom heart/Ff7/new ff.

Well atleast E3 will be big next year. There is a bandai presser next week and they might just announce a bunch of Anime games but it is possible they announce the rumored Dark souls remaster.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I like this segment already

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
psx headline announcement: "maybe in a year you can change your username"

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

abagofcheetos posted:

psx headline announcement: "maybe in a year you can change your username"

"but probably not though, just stop staring at me."

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I didn't follow Greg Miller from the IGN podcasts to their Patreon thing but I came back for some of this segment and I'm glad I still find him genuinely amusing.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Jack Ratigan posted:

I'm sure people across the internet are throwing themselves from rooftops though.

They did that for Sony E3 2015 that brought us FF7R, Shenmue 3, TLG, etc.

Ulio posted:

but it is possible they announce the rumored Dark souls remaster.

Could kill a charging bear with the erection I'll get if true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sdo-APuV9M

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008
I like that Sony studios are still looking to SP games. Even took a shot at games as service, good poo poo.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

They blew their first studio wad last year and during PGS. This PSX is more about continuing the momentum and not dropping anything new.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FROM's game wasnt at PSX because its obv for Switch

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
this show was weird. conceptually i think its a great idea, but the execution... ok so lets intimately talk about god of war - with a trailer you already saw. lets play some detroit - with a segment you have already seen. lets talk to kojima - and show a trailer you have already seen. lets show a soul calibur trailer you saw last night.

if these were all new things - not even new games, just new footage - the show would have been worthwhile.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

show me the open world spiderman gameplay you fucks

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

FBS posted:

I didn't follow Greg Miller from the IGN podcasts to their Patreon thing but I came back for some of this segment and I'm glad I still find him genuinely amusing.

He's somewhat funny, I suppose

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

abagofcheetos posted:

this show was weird. conceptually i think its a great idea, but the execution... ok so lets intimately talk about god of war - with a trailer you already saw. lets play some detroit - with a segment you have already seen. lets talk to kojima - and show a trailer you have already seen. lets show a soul calibur trailer you saw last night.

if these were all new things - not even new games, just new footage - the show would have been worthwhile.

I think the Detroit Become Human section was the closest to being what this should have been. Bring the developer on stage and have them actually play a few minutes of their game, then continue the interview with the developer.

They absolutely could have had a new God of War demo. Cory Barlog just said they finished another playthrough and it was 25 loving hours long. You can't find 5 minutes to dink around in on stage across 25 hours?

Just sorta baffling that they only went with recycled footage.

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008
I like this format. This Yoshida interview is pretty candid and cool.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Some people are going to play a game!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
They're actually playing games, too bad it's 4 AM

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Some people are going to play a game!

I am!!!!! Anything you want as trip report on? As long as the lines isn't hours long I'm game.

The post presentation crowd is filtering into the hotel bar now.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Free shirts! PSX sounds great

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

"We swear there's a gameplay portion of this game."

Boy, when an event makes you nostalgic for the PC Gaming Show...

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
It's over, you can riot now.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Samuringa posted:

It's over, you can riot now.

i'd like to riot but sony deviously scheduled this the day before the monhun beta so i gotta go to bed to be up for when it launches

ufarn
May 30, 2009
So are we gonna get any FROM, GoW, and TLOU2 trailers later this weekend or is this it?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

That was it for trailers. The weekend is just to play demo's on the show floor and go to game dev discussions.

Like I said there is a Bandai event next week where they said they will show some new games but who knows what those are. They make a lot of licensed anime games so it is probably those.
I doubt From's new game is going to be there. It would make sense to reveal it a big event like VGA/PSX if not they will just wait for e3.

Bandai owns the Souls series so they could do anything they want with that. IT might be the remaster people are talking about.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
A bunch of quests are now on live.playstation.com if you want a bunch of terrible themes or avatars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I can't do any of the "Visit page" or "Check out site" requirements but I got the Aloy avatar so it's all right.

• Locked thread