Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Krankenstyle posted:

also there must be a difference between euro & ozy magpies cause euros are chill as heck and cool as gently caress

A lot of our birds were named thusly: "Oh hey, that looks like a Magpie. Let's call it a magpie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Rainbow Lorikeets!

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

A very co-operative Australasian Darter

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Thank you for this! Was back in Australia for Christmas and saw a bird fishing at the beach, I recognised it but wasn't sure what type it was.. pretty sure it was this one

Glad I could help! He was so good with the camera and the tonne of people getting within a metre for photos. They're also known as Snake Birds because they swim with only their head above the water, lookin all snakey.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Looks like a forced card to me. It's easy to keep track of a card using that shuffle and it looks like he pushes it towards the birb for the grab.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Screamy Bois

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Great tits.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Birbs on film

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I love this tiny sparrow.

Thank you.

He was paid well for his modelling services in corn chips.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Yep, that's a Darter, and I'll take any excuse to post photos of this show-off again.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

It was a hard choice between Currawong and Magpie but the Magpie won out in the end.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

My friend has some Tawny Frogmouths living outside her window.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Pigeon, abandoned skate rink

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

White-browed is really selling that birb short. I'd go with Rainbow-orb

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

The bloke who named the Azure Kingfisher knew what was up.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Whip birds are also a good Australian bird call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vz7mqnrzZg

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I've got some Magpie friends that like to hang out on the balcony with me every now and then. They were polite enough to hang around for a portrait session this weekend!

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Potato Salad posted:

Holy poo poo, your style is fantastic!

Where in the world is this?

Brisbane, Australia and thank you! More specifically my balcony. They were very patient with the camera and me being all up in their business.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Not much what's kakapo with you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Tree Bucket posted:

Now you too can be a field ecologist!

Is it screaming at you needs to have noise minor added to it, black and white needs butcher bird and currawong added, otherwise perfect.