Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

YoursTruly posted:

I think the actual answer is that Suk Conditioning is just a new branding of the Hippocratic Oath, and just as binding, but..

When/where/how did the Baron manage to kidnap Wanna? Assuming she was brought to Geidi Prime from somewhere else, would the Navigators be prescient enough to notice that a kidnapped person was on their ship? Are they in on it? Would the emperor allow such a transgression against an imperial conditioned Suk doctor go unpunished? Is he in on it? Wouldn't the Bene Gesserit be furious that one of their own was kidnapped? Are they in on it? This thing could go deep! Plans within plans...

Maybe Leto told Yueh that if he was ever imminently at risk of being captured and tortured, to just go ahead and euthanize him, and this Rube Goldberg poison tooth plan was just a way to carry that act out while protecting the other family members. The Baron was a cancer, and Yueh sought to chop off a limb to save the rest of the family.

It would have had to have been before he met up with the Duke, because Jessica was surprised to hear about his wife existing and ended up thinking Yueh was like Duncan and Gurney another person driven to the Atredies by the bonds of hatred of the Harkonnens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

ImpAtom posted:

It would have had to have been before he met up with the Duke, because Jessica was surprised to hear about his wife existing and ended up thinking Yueh was like Duncan and Gurney another person driven to the Atredies by the bonds of hatred of the Harkonnens.

The Baron told everyone that Yueh was a fake suk doctor.
Also, maybe it was here but somebody somewhere posted a clip of the sandworm attack from Dune 2 with the music from the Lynch version and it was awesome. Does anybody have that?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

yaffle posted:

The Baron told everyone that Yueh was a fake suk doctor.
Also, maybe it was here but somebody somewhere posted a clip of the sandworm attack from Dune 2 with the music from the Lynch version and it was awesome. Does anybody have that?

https://youtu.be/NaaJRGYSyGo?si=t1burLvFRHEv6S2t

:rock:

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

uber_stoat posted:

"my girlfriend lives on Giedi Prime."
"I am SO sorry."

"No, she's totally into it. Super freaky."

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

This is awesome.

Everyone probably knows this, but the Toto soundtrack is available on iTunes. Mostly just music from the film, but with a couple of the best spoken word pieces. (E.g., the Baron's "The Duke will die before these eyes, and he'll know, he'll know...!")

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

here's my hot take: I think the dune 1984 theme is way overrated

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Admiralty Flag posted:

(E.g., the Baron's "The Duke will die before these eyes, and he'll know, he'll know...!")

Always thought this would make a great sample to open a doom metal track with.

kalel posted:

here's my hot take: I think the dune 1984 theme is way overrated

What’s that? You don’t like this guitar riff? How about if I played it 100 times more??

Lynch Dune has a great soundtrack overall but they definitely beat that motif to death towards the end of the movie. It’s so joyous and triumphant you almost get sick of them winning. Idk if it’s trying to be meta or if the band were so proud of it they couldn’t say no.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Nothing against Toto, but I wonder how it came to be that they did the score and Brian Eno just did the theme.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

Nothing against Toto, but I wonder how it came to be that they did the score and Brian Eno just did the theme.

https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/the-unlikely-story-of-totos-soundtrack-for-david-lynchs-infamous-dune-adaptation/

Funny interview with Toto members here. The answer is that Lynch temped the Prophecy scenes with Brian Eno and told Toto he wanted something like that, and eventually was just like “whatever, I’ll just have Brian Eno do it”

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Admiralty Flag posted:

This is awesome.

Everyone probably knows this, but the Toto soundtrack is available on iTunes. Mostly just music from the film, but with a couple of the best spoken word pieces. (E.g., the Baron's "The Duke will die before these eyes, and he'll know, he'll know...!")

I have the original vinyl LP of it in storage, even if i no longer have a record player. :rolleyes:

A bit over the top but it worked for the movie.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Someone buy me this, plz/tia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
do they pack in a working holtzmann shield array or what? what do you get for the quarter-million?