Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I am a Third Stage Grief Navigator

This was a poor snipe so pretend it was done by a man with crazy rear end hair and eyebrow

e. fremen edit I mean crazy-rear end hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
I dunno I like your Mentat reimagining

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I'm not sure I want to hear about the juice of Sappho creating stains in this re-imagining, though

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
The stains become a warning

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
I'm pretty sure the II is attached to the title, and not the name necessarily. A duke named Leto could have 5 sons named Leto, but only the one that inherits the title will be Duke Leto II. Source: I've been playing a bunch of CK3. :v:

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

wasnt that the robot lando wanted to gently caress

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Inverted Icon posted:

Was that monologue a Lynch insert if so its the best one

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

Paul of Dune is probably the better of the failson books and it describes things like Paul running a Jihad and Fenring trying his best to kill Paul. It's schlocky mediocre scifi with Dune characters.

Ngl, I will probs read this Dunc fanfiction.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Shageletic posted:

Was that monologue a Lynch insert if so its the best one

was "my name is a killing word" in the books, because that's the best lynch one thematically, only it was realised with dr. who props and people going mmmmBWA!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
In the book the prophecy stated the messiah would be able to kill with a word, but nothing about his name being a killing word, afaik.

Ithle01
May 28, 2013

Eau de MacGowan posted:

was "my name is a killing word" in the books, because that's the best lynch one thematically, only it was realised with dr. who props and people going mmmmBWA!

When Paul said his name was a killing word he meant that the armies of Fremen would kill in his name, I'm really not a fan of Lynch going the direction he did with this.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Inverted Icon posted:

It is by will alone that I set my bowels in motion.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Flakey posted:

I'm pretty sure the II is attached to the title, and not the name necessarily. A duke named Leto could have 5 sons named Leto, but only the one that inherits the title will be Duke Leto II. Source: I've been playing a bunch of CK3. :v:

I mean maybe I’m wrong about this but typically the Roman numeral refers to the first name. Henry VIII was the eighth Henry, not the eighth Tudor.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Jewmanji posted:

I mean maybe I’m wrong about this but typically the Roman numeral refers to the first name. Henry VIII was the eighth Henry, not the eighth Tudor.

The eighth King Henry though. There were plenty of Henries in the English royal house(s) who didn’t get numbers

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jewmanji posted:

The eight English King named Henry, not the eight Henry, or even the eight Henry of the Tudor family. So for example Emperor Charles IV was also king Charles I of Bohemia, Charles VI of HRE was Charles II of Bohemia and Charles III of Austria, and then Charles I of Austria-Hungary was Charles IV of Bohemia and Charles IV of Austria.

]

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

steinrokkan posted:

The eight English King named Henry, not the eight Henry, or even the eight Henry of the Tudor family. So for example Emperor Charles IV was also king Charles I of Bohemia, Charles VI of HRE was Charles II of Bohemia and Charles III of Austria, and then Charles I of Austria-Hungary was Charles IV of Bohemia and Charles IV of Austria.

How many of them were Habsburgs, and were they all actually the one person?

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

That was just eight Henrys in a trenchcoat

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

steinrokkan posted:

Actually "you can fold space and basically teleport" is a pretty decent explanation for why an empire that size always stayed unified and didn't fracture into smaller units.

Hard to defend your planet from invaders when they can just appear in your upper atmosphere with 10X your numbers.

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

Inverted Icon posted:

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

steinrokkan posted:

In the book the prophecy stated the messiah would be able to kill with a word, but nothing about his name being a killing word, afaik.

Yeah, in the book it's really more like, "he could give the word, and people would kill in his name." Or also, his name becomes a battlecry for the Jihad. ("Muad'dib Akbar!")

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

HI THUFIR HAWAT HERE

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Murray Mantoinette posted:

Hard to defend your planet from invaders when they can just appear in your upper atmosphere with 10X your numbers.*

*if the prescient mutant drug addicts feel like transporting you

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
Wonder how (if) the movie will show count Fenring. I like Paul's shock in the emporer's throne room that there was this major player that kills him in tons of timelines andhe's never seen him.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/SecretsOfDune/status/1309177644739629057?s=20

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

holy poo poo lord cybertrex is real

also
https://twitter.com/Colak/status/1306354085621313536?s=20

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I forgot they made the worms look stupid. What is that dinosaur poo poo.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Uncle Enzo posted:

Wonder how (if) the movie will show count Fenring. I like Paul's shock in the emporer's throne room that there was this major player that kills him in tons of timelines andhe's never seen him.

He’s not in this movie

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Count Not Appearing in This Movie

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Worms don't have jaws like that, it's a goddamn snakezilla

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I will defend syfy dune I think it accomplishes what it sets out to do

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ingmar terdman posted:

I will defend syfy dune I think it accomplishes what it sets out to do

I can safely predict it will always have the best Baron.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Groovelord Neato posted:

I can safely predict it will always have the best Baron.

the best baron is the one from the redub

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!

uber_stoat posted:

*Jetsons spaceship noise*

Piter? Piter!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

uber_stoat posted:

I stand corrected.

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

threelemmings posted:

*Jetsons spaceship noise*

That part kills me every. single. time.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Yeah I love putting that dub on for a laugh, it rules.

My favourite apart from the wormsign line is “welcome to Larry town”

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Okay, now I feel like I have to watch the thing.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

It’s all of 8 glorious minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Worms don't have jaws like that, it's a goddamn snakezilla

I mean it's an entirely alien biology but yeah it looks like a weird Jurassic Park T-Rex/ penis photoshop or something