Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Did anyone point out yet that Brian Herbert goes by the handle @DuneAuthor on Twitter?

He is such an insecure hack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Zeniel posted:

I'm curious if there any record of what Stanislaw Lem thought of Frank Herbert. He didn't seem overly fond of much american sci-fi and thought it was largely written to make money rather than to challenge ideas and the like, so I'd be curious if he even made mention of Dune since it's obvious got a lot more going for it than the average sci fi book about LORD CYBERTREX 8000 or what have you.
Sadly he didn't go on record about it. Probably because he was specifically created by the KGB to torment Dick, not Herbert.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Brian Herbert with a gleam in his eye

"That's my guy!".

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

tactlessbastard posted:

it's a loving crime against humanity that Brian Herbert is allowed to tweet as @DuneAuthor

Reposting his best tweet.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Stilgar's song

Hello Muad'Dib, hello my Chani
Hello Reverend Ma'

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

KJA because of the seminal output.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Dude, worm’s my spice?!

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

My name is the jilling word.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

basic hitler posted:

Kja wrote about ultraspice, derived from a special gland in SEA WORMS designed by SCYTALE that was so powerful that A GHOLA OF PAUL ATREIDES!!! After fighting ANOTHER GHOLA of HIMSELF!!!!! Said "its too much! The ultra spice is too spicey!!!" before killing himself.

Thats all real. He has defiled dune to the maximum. It feels like brian herbert is doing a contract killing of his father's legacy out of bitterness for being a bad dad

"Hmm yes, but how can we make the DUNIVERSE more exciting, KJA?" asked @duneauthor

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Val Kilmer as barron and young clone of Val Kilmer as lovely Feyd.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Doubt Kilmer is going to live long enough to finish filming a movie like Dune. Doesn’t be have crazy bad cancer or something?

Perfect fit for baron (gently caress cancer though).

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Also confirmed that @duneauthor and KJA will be passing along their notes on script to Legendary.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Either Frank Herbert was a dumbass or this info about Harkonnen sounding soviet to him is from "Dreamer of Dune", the Hugo award nominated biography of Frank Herbert, by his son @duneauthor

Edit: yes

Anne Frank Funk fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jul 31, 2018

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Ol' baron's name was Vladimir and that should be plenty to assuage the red scare enthusiasts among your readers. But treating the Harkonnen name as anything close to soviet/communist is just silly. It's like saying that "Von Braun" has that American dream tinge to it.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Is anyone here an imperial ecologist!?

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Dane, murdersub planet

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Murray Mantoinette posted:

Their gholas gently caress and have a kid who's pre-born and grows to an adult in like a year. But his super intelligence causes him to see fighting the machines is futile so he ends up siding with them and has to be killed by a Teg clone who's alerted to the treachery by a message from his future self.

This is legit better than the actual canon (lol) by @duneauthor from the ultra spice video linked on this page. It’s still terrible btw

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Testikles posted:

They will need lip injections

Bogdanoff twins as guild navigators

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

@duneauthor is into self publishing now*

"Pounded in the butt by my own writing"

See the amazing cover, read the thrilling synopsis, buy the book! (99c only!!!)

*just kidding, some charity publisher actually decided to push out a book by the "New York Times bestselling author of the DUNE Series"

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

“Brian Herbert is the greatest writer in the history of mankind, the literary genius who conceived and wrote Dune, an immense franchise that has been sweeping award after award for decades --using his father’s secret notes. But he's an old man now, and has overstayed his welcome. The Nobel Prize Committee of the Swedish Academy wants him to stop writing and turn over his secrets and techniques to them to control. Brian knows this would be most unwise.

When Brian refuses to resign, the Academy institutes a campaign against him, spreading lies, distortions, and half-truths that seriously damage his reputation. His popularity plummets, and millions of people crowd the streets of major cities, demonstrating against him.

Despite all the adversity, Brian returns to writing Dune VIII: Spice of Life, devoted to saving humanity from itself. The Academy can't remove him forcibly--without risking the loss of the critically acclaimed franchise.[...]”

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

What are you implying???

https://twitter.com/DuneAuthor/status/1035768282777706497

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The details aren't ever specified

lol of course there's one of these

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

I’m in Tehran right now and even though girls here don’t generally wear any head covering I just saw a 1:1 Alia of the Knife.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

madeintaipei posted:

Can I have your stereo water?

You can have the water that springs from the top of my pillar, resting upon two rocks.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

@duneauthor wishes he had the balls to go on camera and admit that he is raping his dad like that weird dude from Mexico did.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

When a nerd from a webcomic gives the correct diagnosis to your award winning writing...

Anne Frank Funk fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 10, 2018

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

That’s incelstral memory, different thing.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

The reviews of the new novel by the New York Times Bestselling Author of the DUNE Series, featuring an African American protagonist are IN:

quote:

OK, I bought this without thinking. I saw the author's name Herbert and the claim on the Amazon page "From the New York Times Bestselling author of the DUNE series comes a spectacular science fiction novel". Uh, Frank Herbert died in 1986, so this was some amazing work by the publisher. In any case, BRIAN Herbert appears to be Frank's son. I started reading this book and just couldn't square the amateurish writing with my recollection of the DUNE series, which was pretty amazing. I finally looked again and saw that the blurb on Amazon was untrue. Oh well... only .99 and now wiser.

What is the basis for this glowing recommendation?

Yes, @duneauthor has created a masterpiece of interracial, age gap, amputee erotic fiction. Father would be proud.

Oh and there are exciting DUNE movie news!

https://twitter.com/DuneAuthor/status/1062965687134502912

Would you believe that!

Thank you, @duneauthor for the terrific update and your great new novel!

Anne Frank Funk fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Nov 15, 2018

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Denis Villeneuve is contractually* obliged to include the audio recording of the first two chapters of The Assassination of Billy Jeeling, featuring an African American protagonist in the middle of the new Dune movie.

* Actually scratch that, he wanted to do it anyway.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Guys, why not go to the source for this discussion

Anne Frank Funk fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Dec 2, 2018

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

lol I did the abominable and counted the dune sonfiction books.

just lol

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

phasmid posted:

Let me guess, he's now written (with the help of a prolific hackwriter lol) more books than his pappy? Which of course, means he is a worthy successor?

He IS @DuneAuthor

Edit: I’m sorry [Dune Thread], I’m fully aware that all of my posts in this thread are not related to True Dune Murderhead’s related stuff. Gonna catch a probe for real one of these days. To bring this back on track: I only read Dune 4-6 once and I should give them another go. I was probably too young for the God Emperor mindfucks at the time.

Anne Frank Funk fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Dec 4, 2018

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Speaking of sietch orgies... Mia Khalifa for Chani.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Merry Crysknife!

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

“Think on it, Chad: that prince will give the name, yet he’ll live as less than a gigolo—never to know a moment of tenderness from the woman to whom he’s bound. While we, Chad, we who carry the name of gigolo—history will call us husbands.”

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Axlotl shafts

Usul - the tightness of the opening of the hole

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Stellan Skarsgard is cast as Grandpa Harkonnen in the Duane movie.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

It will be relayed as a transcritpion of prescient vision of lord cybertertrex 8000 as relayed through a flashback that Paolo had right before his death from ultraspice.

Anne Frank Funk fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jan 31, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

SMH that all y’all don’t know that Duncan was named after a river not a state.