Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

sebmojo posted:

The flared base of the pillar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_v172PgToE

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

It would not as "open world" is just a euphemism for "shallow garbage".

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Kanine posted:

yeah totally video games loving suck, if you like video games gently caress you right guys

Kull wahad!

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

The Shadout Tapes

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Priscilla Queen of the Deep Desert

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Strawberry Shortening of the Way

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Now videogames.

Rainbow 6 Sietch

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

You're allowed to put other liquids in the mug, away with this machine-thinking!

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

I'm really hoping for the dinner scene, and also the scene where Jessica reveals the Voice to Thufir. Everything about that conversation is amazing.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Who is this waterfat man

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

I can't say I know anything about his politics, but allowing a picture of you reading anything by the Failson and Kevin J Anderson (ugh) should be a great way of tanking your campaign.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

I stand by my statement :colbert:

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

I can't imagine Thufir being unable to lie though, what with his whole thing being cloak & dagger.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Is semuta music made on instruments made from elacca wood?

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Walking is for suckers everyone knows real traveling is done without moving.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

kiimo posted:

Let's see you travel without moving 20 thumpers through the Great Flat, big guy

Hold my Water of Life.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

I'm almost more excited about being able to do this now ⊃∪∩⪽

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

No idea I just copy and pasted that from the linked tweet.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Not complaining about Josh Brolin, but if they had accurately cast "ugly lump of a man" Gurney, I wonder who they would have gone with.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

J.K. Simmons. Seriously. Aged badass lothario musician MMA mentor who's just shy of being 'handsome' but still a man-rear end dude. His entire career has built up to it. Brolin is cool and all but despite the past decade's successes he's still the meathead older brother from the Goonies.

Kull wahad!

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

:hmmyes: Seconding this shout out, read HH on your recommendation and it was awesome.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

⊃ ∪ ∩ ⪽

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Never read anything by @Duneauthor or his hack friend KJA.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIdV7AWd3ns

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

where the gently caress is the trailer

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

The mentat will do nothing and influence nothing, so it's really not much of a spoiler

The mentat is going to get TOLD by Jessica and it's going to own.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Nah this is semuta music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4HOZQgEyVo

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

All music is made to listen to while high on drugs imo :okpos:

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

I never noticed Jason Momoa's eyes point in different directions.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Towards the end of the first book a Guild Navigator loses one of his lenses and gets spotted having indigo eyes when his hand moves away from his eye for a moment.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

I'm pretty sure the II is attached to the title, and not the name necessarily. A duke named Leto could have 5 sons named Leto, but only the one that inherits the title will be Duke Leto II. Source: I've been playing a bunch of CK3. :v:

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Do references count? Deadsy made a few in the lyrics to The Elements.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s626yjsQp1Q

And had weirding modules on in this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWjgS4O1Aes

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Creating the foam out of the compass (?) and spice always struck me as weird. Like how much foam are you gonna be making? How much fluid do you have available to you to shore up enough sand to dig out a person?

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

TK-42-1 posted:

I assume spice reacts weird to moisture considering how it's created. Just chalk it up to magic space bakingsoda that makes you trip and dont think too much about it. I'm sure the general concept of wet sand holding back dry loose sand is probably sound in some kind of survival manual but it doesnt really matter all that much.

Yeah I'm not hung up on it or anything, but ever since first reading that part as a teen I always had a hard time imagining what that scene looked like.

Actual footage of a spice blow.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Neither these Podcasters nor the Failson and his incompetent lackey understand the attitude of the knife.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Koirhor posted:

Dune II man I remember having to change the memory on our 386 from expanded to extended to get it to run. Also installed my first SoundBlaster just to play that game.

No one post-Jihad will ever know the joys of tweaking your autoexec.bat and config.sys files to squeeze as much of that 640k out to run games.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Yo momma so fat Dr. Yueh tried to assassinate her.

Yo momma so fat the Fremen drowned her for her Water of Life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

"A million deaths are not enough for Yueh" refers to Yueh dying a million times over for his treachery. It's one of the introductory quotes in the book.