Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I read the comic last month because I was interested in the show, and I have to say every change so far has been for the better. In the comic Nick Sax is just an awful dude, really not a whole lot of redeeming qualities. Meloni does a great job giving the gruff no fucks of the comic Sax, but while also making him watchable. The comic is just kind of hard to read and doesn't seem to be putting the reader through discomfort for any reason other than "GRIM DARK COMICS!!!!"

I also loved the picture of Nick when he was a famous cop seemed to be a screencap out of L&O:SVU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

theflyingexecutive posted:

I know but Iím not telling

Also, the first time you see the kidnapped kids in the van with Santa making them sing, Joe would run through the whole song with the kids which was really fun to watch.

I actually wanted to ask, how filming is handled with kids when the scene is supposed to be hosed up/creepy etc. Like I have to imagine the kid playing Haley, who has done an amazing job, and Garbage Santa must have been interesting when the scene ended.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Something a little interesting, but Happy finds Hailey's box and the kids, but he doesn't talk to Hailey when he does. Hailey was already waivering in her belief in being saved and that her imaginary friend would help, so maybe Happy is no longer her IF, but instead Sax's?

Or they wanted a stronger reunion impact later at the end of the 8th episode.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Norwegian Rudo posted:

But Hailey wasn't there? She had already been stolen away by Dirty Santa.

I do agree that the likely ending is either that she can't see Happy anymore, or that she says Sax needs him more.

Happy found Hailey's box before they were loaded on the truck, and that seemed to be intercut around the time with the kids being loaded up.

Hailey wasn't re-kidnapped by garbage Santa until after the truck left, he killed the driver to take Hailey away.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Knee posted:

I forget if I asked and got the answer in this thread before. Happy is getting a season 2.

Now was season 1 all of what was in the comics? Are there more to the comics, or will season 2 be completely new and written by the show runners?

I was under the impression that "Happy!" was a short one and done comic and that they basically covered the whole thing in season 1 of the show.

Season 2 will cover new ground, based on comic stuff, but there was a ton in the show that wasn't in the comic, so I think things are in good hands.

• Locked thread