Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
GIP needs a weed thread because you welfare queens won't take your heroin pills.

Talk about the marijuana or whatever, idgaf.

BigDave fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Dec 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Are you a cop? You have to tell us if you are

ReverendCode
Nov 30, 2008
My recent guilty pleasure is winberry farms cartridges. They have all the candy flavors you would expect from a vape pen, I just wish they weren't $50+ at every store I go to.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Are you a cop? You have to tell us if you are

gently caress yeah I'm a cop!

*takes monster bong rip*

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

one of my recent purchases. Wax is kinda annoying to work with.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
why not just use the drunk thread

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Your Battle Buddy posted:

why not just use the drunk thread

I dunno, somebody asked for a separate thread so here it is.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

poste your weeds

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Are you guys buying from shops or dispensaries?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I get my poo poo delivered.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

First non-card dispensaries should open in CA next month

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
CBD-heavy strains and edibles are my poo poo, everything else makes me paranoid and unhappy

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Suicide Watch posted:

Denver rec/med dispensaries.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Uncle Tim Tim down the other side of the lot

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Suicide Watch posted:

dispensary

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I remember the last time I bought from a dealer. He got busted a week later, which was about two months before I moved to Colorado. I was dry for about a month. There was no variety. And I paid almost triple what it costs retail out here.

I'm never living in a prohibition state again.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

reading this thread makes me god drat furious

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Move to a legal state. The black market only survives here because of all the prohibition states around us. Even with 25% sales tax, it's cheaper than any dealer in any city I've ever lived in, and the variety is incredible.

Best wax I've gotten so far was 92% thc. I've got a few dabs worth left.

Found the picture of it.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 11, 2017

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I legit can’t wait for federal legalization. The stuff being put out at the local levels in insane and to make it at a national level, you’re gonna have to be above that.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Ehhh. Quality will always have a swing. And there will always be problems with labeling batches and poo poo correctly beyond a certain scale.

I like getting wax because it's easier to get higher percentages. Shatter, I see max out around 87% where I shop. Live resin can get up there too, but the cost is not justifiable for $40-50/g when wax is half that price and can hit the same percentages. It may not taste as good as live resin, but the results are the same.

I'll buy any wax or shatter that breaks 80%. Below that, depends on how discounted it is.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
My med card was by far one of my best weed-related purchases

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Do you guys with med cards have it for a specific condition? like pain, ptsd, depression/anxiety, etc?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Suicide Watch posted:

Do you guys with med cards have it for a specific condition? like pain, ptsd, depression/anxiety, etc?

ptsd

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Suicide Watch posted:

I brought my VA file from my medboard. It’s massive, the doc didn’t even look at it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Soulex posted:

I brought my VA file from my medboard. It’s massive, the doc didn’t even look at it.

i had a piece of paper saying i was talking to the va about my ptsd

they didnt look at it, the aide who looked at me said she didnt want to trigger me by asking about my experiences. then she wrote me up for the max amount because “ptsd sufferers have a much higher pain tolerance”

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
... is that true?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Military in general as our ability to put mind over matter and “suck it up buttercup,” mindset. Some of it better than others but PTSD as a singular variable no, strictly because it’s not exclusive to military.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm not getting a medical card, just not much of a point. I mean, I wouldn't have to drive to Denver every 2-3 weeks (Colorado Springs doesn't do rec sales), but beyond that and some taxes I actually support paying, I wouldn't be saving much.

That and California courts ruled that medical card holders can't buy firearms, and I'm just waiting for that to be ruled as precedent here.

Otherwise it'd be the mountain of medical records for my back, leg, and depression/anxiety.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'm not getting a medical card, just not much of a point. I mean, I wouldn't have to drive to Denver every 2-3 weeks (Colorado Springs doesn't do rec sales), but beyond that and some taxes I actually support paying, I wouldn't be saving much.

That and California courts ruled that medical card holders can't buy firearms, and I'm just waiting for that to be ruled as precedent here.

Otherwise it'd be the mountain of medical records for my back, leg, and depression/anxiety.

That poo poo is protected by HIPPA iirc, so it would be self-disclosed. I technically quit smoking weed every time I get done smoking a bowl. It's a shame that I decide to start using again an hour or two later. So it wouldn't be lying either. The problem is the questions are ambiguous enough for you to be technically right by lying.

I have a med card because I need one, but I'll probably continue to have one because if it ever does come to it, I'm gonna want proof that the VA is gonna pay my bills.

There was a lawsuit out east where someone successfully sued to have his MM paid for by his health insurance, and that makes me hopeful that the VA will eventually (5-10 years) accept marijuana.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Soulex posted:

That poo poo is protected by HIPPA iirc, so it would be self-disclosed. I technically quit smoking weed every time I get done smoking a bowl. It's a shame that I decide to start using again an hour or two later. So it wouldn't be lying either. The problem is the questions are ambiguous enough for you to be technically right by lying.

I have a med card because I need one, but I'll probably continue to have one because if it ever does come to it, I'm gonna want proof that the VA is gonna pay my bills.

There was a lawsuit out east where someone successfully sued to have his MM paid for by his health insurance, and that makes me hopeful that the VA will eventually (5-10 years) accept marijuana.

California supreme court upheld the decision last year sometime, I think. If you have a MMJ card, they can be cross-referenced for state level background checks on firearms purchases. Since MMJ isn't recognized as HIPAA compliant (federal scheduling, health insurers won't cover it, docs may be required by state to provide registration of MMJ card), they can scan any state database they have. Until it's rescheduled and federally accepted as similar in vein to alcohol, you'll have to bullshit your transfer paperwork.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

California supreme court upheld the decision last year sometime, I think. If you have a MMJ card, they can be cross-referenced for state level background checks on firearms purchases. Since MMJ isn't recognized as HIPAA compliant (federal scheduling, health insurers won't cover it, docs may be required by state to provide registration of MMJ card), they can scan any state database they have. Until it's rescheduled and federally accepted as similar in vein to alcohol, you'll have to bullshit your transfer paperwork.

Wow. That sucks

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Keep in mind that's California. Basically if you have a card and lie about it on the transfer, they can hang you from confirming through the database on the state end of the background check.

I don't think any other state has picked it up as precedent though. Just Cali. But, due time.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

post some weedjams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHowqKYSXNI

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Can they prove in court that possession of the card means that you're smoking? Because if the law in written to imply that you can't buy a firearm by having a card that doesn't actually pass a constitutional sniff test, and if its written that smoking bars you from ownership then they imply that possession of a card means your violating the law, which again, wouldn't fly?

Of course the court decisions going to side against individuals because gently caress you, state is mighty and gently caress precedent.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7YMI39sObY

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Spotify has been giving me a lot of good bands all at once. I’ve been on a “no vocals” kick and this band is pretty cool.

https://youtu.be/eWoJs4QkvwE

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

M_Gargantua posted:

Can they prove in court that possession of the card means that you're smoking? Because if the law in written to imply that you can't buy a firearm by having a card that doesn't actually pass a constitutional sniff test, and if its written that smoking bars you from ownership then they imply that possession of a card means your violating the law, which again, wouldn't fly?

Of course the court decisions going to side against individuals because gently caress you, state is mighty and gently caress precedent.

From the California NORML faq:

quote:

25. Can I own or buy a gun if I use marijuana?
The federal Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms sent letters to gun dealers in 2011 warning them they could not sell to known marijuana users. When buying a gun, question 11e on the ATF form asks, "Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana?"

Answering yes makes you ineligible to purchase; falsely answering no is in principle punishable as perjury. This should not affect current gun owners.

On August 31, 2016 a three-judge panel of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals rejected a challenge to this policy from a medical marijuana patient in Wilson v. Lynch. The opinion states: "Wilson could have amassed legal firearms before acquiring a registry card, and [federal statutes] and the Open Letter would not impede her right to keep her firearms or to use them to protect herself and her home. In addition, Wilson could acquire firearms and exercise her right to self-defense at any time by surrendering her registry card, thereby demonstrating to a firearms dealer that there is no reasonable cause to believe she is an unlawful drug user.”

Although California law does not prohibit marijuana users from having guns, using a gun in connection with an offense such as cultivation or possession with sale can result in additional criminal charges. Users are advised to keep their guns in a location that is separate from their marijuana.

It's a matter of federal dicking around. Until it's established that weed be treated like alcohol, there will always be a federal dick in it.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
So if you say "no I do not smoke" and they later come back to say you purjured yourself by virtue of having a medical card, they'd have to argue in court that having said card is evidence you smoke?

That's a court case I'd love to see the ACLU get

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Having the card is an admission to smoking, yes. To avoid that, don't get a card, or forfeit your card and tell them to gently caress off.

The part HIPAA covers at all is if it's related to anything in your medical records outside of the state registry or pot shop. The VA can't tell the ATF about classifying me as marijuana dependent, unless it results in a judge declaring me mentally unfit for some reason or another.

Besides, I don't mind paying $4/g in tax for hash when it's $16/g before tax. If I was medical, it'd be significantly cheaper in terms of tax, but I don't remember the rate. And those prices absolutely kick any dealer I've ever had in a prohibition state squarely in the dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
"My name's kitten and I like sitting on hash."

Found some live resin for $25/g, so I got four grams. And four grams of some 80% wax for $16/g. And the cat will sleep on all of it for a good half hour before I get around to trying the live resin.